Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can someone explain Durango summer schedule

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Can someone explain Durango summer schedule

I saw F9 is flying DEN-DRO 3x week in the summer.
The return time DRO-DEN is doesn't arrive DEN until 7:30pm.
Can someone explain the logic behind the service/schedule?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:33 am

I am willing to take a shot at responding, but what exactly is puzzling you? Why the service at all? Why is it less than daily? What is reason for 7:30 pm arrival in Denver? I assume the last question might be related to lack of connection opportunities? If that's your query, F9 is moving away from a connection model and focusing on point to point travel. They probably think they can get enough local traffic to make the flight profitable. Hope that is helpful. Willing to try to answer your questions but can you be a little more specific?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Yes - why is the flight there? Is it designed to connect people over DEN? If so the times and 3X seem odd. Is it designed for locals? Can a 3x/week A319 be profitable on that route?
Just wondering the market F9 is after on this one.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
It seems like a pretty big plane for a small destination. I assume there are enough locals and tourists, e.g., for Mesa Verde and other attractions to support 3x/wk service. As far as timing, I'm sure they take the rest of their operational needs into account.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:24 pm

I imagine there's enough local traffic to make it work. The drive to denver is about 7 hours, so flying makes sense.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Possibly a seasonal subsidy from Durango, the county, etc. as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.