Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summit members-what level ticket to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Summit members-what level ticket to purchase?

I typically but the Classic Plus for the change/refund ability but curious, if there is any other benefit for the higher fare as a Summit member that already gets the free bag, beverages and TV. Which fare level do you buy, and what is the benefit? Just curious, thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
As a Summit I usually stick with Economy. None of the CP benefits mean too much to me over what Summit already gets.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
I typically but the Classic Plus for the change/refund ability but curious, if there is any other benefit for the higher fare as a Summit member that already gets the free bag, beverages and TV. Which fare level do you buy, and what is the benefit? Just curious, thanks!
As a Summit member, you will not get a refund on an Economy ticket. However, the ticket value may be credited toward another flight within 12 months of the date of purchase without a change fee. Since I fly so much, this is as good to me as a refund.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 5:23 pm

In the past, I've purchased a Classic+ ticket to get the 150% mileage credit toward elite qualification miles. I'm not sure if that's still the case; the credit may have increased for Summit and Ascent members. So, for my latest flight I purchased an economy ticket for one leg and a C+ ticket for the return just to see what miles post!

Last edited by stuyguy; Nov 15, 2012 at 6:08 pm
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
When traveling for business, I buy C+ as my schedule needs to be very fluid. So, any cancellations result in refunds, rather credits that I have to remember that I have and allocate correctly to clients.

When traveling for pleasure with the family, I buy E.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: UA
I buy only E tickets. The credits work for me but take a little time to manage. I don't value F9 miles too high so the higher miles are not that useful for me. I hit 25k easily anyway.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by stuyguy
In the past, I've purchased a Classic+ ticket to get the 150% mileage credit toward elite qualification miles. I'm not sure if that's still the case; the credit may have increased for Summit and Ascent members. So, for my latest flight I purchased an economy ticket for one leg and a C+ ticket for the return just to see what miles post!
What miles posted?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by finster869
What miles posted?
No extra miles for economy. 175% for C+ as opposed to the 150% I expected
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:48 am

Shouldn't you have gotten 200% ?

100% for the base miles, 50% bonus for C+ and 50% bonus for Summit ?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Were thy all eqm?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by German Expat

200% is what the table found here suggests

http://www.flyfrontier.com/plan-book/fare-options

When I unexpectedly received 175% EQM miles a few months ago, I emailed F9 and asked how many EQM miles a Summit on a C+ tickets receives. Their reply was 150%!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:56 pm

Wink

And the answer is 175%. Here's F9's explanation:

"Thank you for contacting Frontier Airlines EarlyReturnsŪ Department.

Classic Plus qualification miles are 50% of the total base miles plus your 50% Summit bonus.

The breakdown would be as follows: The base mileage for a flight is 3,000 miles, so you would receive an extra 1,500 miles for being a Summit member (which only applies to your total mileage, not your status). The Classic Plus bonus would be 50% of 4,500, giving you an extra 2,250 miles towards status accrual.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again."

In addition to some better IT types, F9 needs to hire a good technical editor
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:07 pm

And the answer is 175%. Here's F9's explanation:

"Thank you for contacting Frontier Airlines EarlyReturnsŪ Department.

Classic Plus qualification miles are 50% of the total base miles plus your 50% Summit bonus.

The breakdown would be as follows: The base mileage for a flight is 3,000 miles, so you would receive an extra 1,500 miles for being a Summit member (which only applies to your total mileage, not your status). The Classic Plus bonus would be 50% of 4,500, giving you an extra 2,250 miles towards status accrual.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again."

In addition to some better IT types, F9 needs to hire a good technical editor
So just for me to understand (and for the sake of making percentages easier I use 1000 miles).
You fly 1000 miles on a classic plus ticket as a Summit, you will get:

1750 EQM miles
2250 RDM miles

Is this true ?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:37 pm

So just for me to understand (and for the sake of making percentages easier I use 1000 miles).
You fly 1000 miles on a classic plus ticket as a Summit, you will get:

1750 EQM miles
2250 RDM miles

Is this true ?
Yes, that's what I received on my last Classic+ Summit flight. 175% EQM; 225% RDM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.