Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Barrier around Eiffel Tower - Say it ain't so!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

http://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/barr...l-tower-paris/

Really hope this doesn't happen. Was planning a December trip but I'll cancel if this goes ahead. Not going to pay all that money to see the Eiffel Tower surrounded by construction and barriers.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
They have yet to announce the construction schedule, but from what I've seen, the "aesthetic perimeter" is definitely coming. It will certainly be designed to impair the aesthetics of the site as little as possible; don't expect Jersey barriers laid across the Champ de Mars.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Terminator8
http://thepointsguy.com/2017/02/barr...l-tower-paris/

Really hope this doesn't happen. Was planning a December trip but I'll cancel if this goes ahead. Not going to pay all that money to see the Eiffel Tower surrounded by construction and barriers.
are you serious ? Cancelling a trip just because of some construction ??
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
are you serious ? Cancelling a trip just because of some construction ??

It's not that serious, all I have booked right now are the hotels. So it's not as if I need to re-schedule flights or anything.

When I went in 2012, I didn't get a selfie with the tower. And I'm not going to go again just to get a tower selfie with construction crews in my shot. That's awful bro.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:27 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
A preview

Doesn't look so bad IMO
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
A preview

Doesn't look so bad IMO
Better than what they have now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.