Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Very old restaurant near Notre Dame - Au Vieux Paris de Arcole

Au Vieux Paris de Arcole
24 Rue Chanoinesse
75004 Paris, France
01 40 51 78 52
Type of cuisine: French / Aveyronnaise
Days & hours of operation: Open every day for lunch and dinner, except for lunch on Saturday. Hours: noon ‑ 2:30 p.m., 7:00 p.m. ‑ 10:30 p.m.(closed for lunch Monday and Saturday)
Metro: Line 4, Cité station
Link to Google maps location map.

Maplet

We've been here a few times over the years - sometimes tourists find it, as it is a stone's throw from the cathedral of Notre Dame, but you will also find regulars eating here. It's great when you want a 2+ hour break, some good food and good-humored, warm cosseting for lunch (or dinner) while touring the vicinity.

From the street

The restaurant is in the old Canon's house built in 1512, making it one of the oldest buildings remaining in Paris, and it was sold off by the church to become a wine bar in 1723! They serve cuisine from the Aveyron in Midi-Pyrénées where the friendly and attentive Odette and Georges are from and where much of their organic produce originates, in a medieval dining setting. Not close, no Michie stars, but you will certainly enjoy the setting (Ile de la Cité / Notre Dame). See a review here.

The interior

Odette de Larochebrochard, the Chef

The 39€ Table d’hôtes surprise d’Odette (Odette's surprise) is always a delight, and add a couple of glasses of nice wine per person, you'll be out of there for just under 100€ for two - they also have a 46€ and 59€ (latter all wines and apéritif) menus, and a memorable experience. Book and read some more here. (Oh, yeah, we will be there.)

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 21, 2011 at 4:45 pm Reason: recenter
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Not far from there is supposedly THE oldest restaurant in Paris, le Procope. Ben Franklin dined there. However I would not recommend it for dining. The food is awful and only tourists end up in there.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by stimpy
Not far from there is supposedly THE oldest restaurant in Paris, le Procope. Ben Franklin dined there. However I would not recommend it for dining. The food is awful and only tourists end up in there.
+1
Old Jul 21, 2011, 4:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I see Procope opened in 1646, while the Au Vieux Paris was still the Canon's house. I've never had the dubious pleasure, though many literary and historical figures enjoyed it in its heyday. Did Ben rate the place? (I think he'd have liked FT!)

Originally Posted by stimpy
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.6MM, HH Silver, Marriott Silver
I have walked past Au Vieux Paris de Arcole many times on my trips to Paris over the years, but never stopped in to dine.

It looks wonderful around Christmas time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.