Wiki Posts
Search

boadh398 runs the Beardy 2013 London Marathon for Diabetes UK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
boadh398 runs the Beardy 2013 London Marathon for Diabetes UK

Fellow FT'ers, I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here, but here goes any way, tomorrow on Sunday 21st April 2013, I will be running my first ever marathon.

I am running this for Diabetes UK - a charity which supports the 5% of sufferers in the UK, diabetes can be a debilitating disease and can lead to the lose of sight, the loss of limbs and the need for kidney dialysis and or transplant. The charity aims to assist and educate sufferers and their families and also researches into better treatments and the possibility of both a cure and prevention of the disease.

Diabetes is more of a drain on the NHS than not having a 3rd runway at LHR is on the UK economy, and so eliminate it as an illness would save the NHS more than eliminating most other diseases and illnesses.

So I have a link - trouble is Beardy sponsor's the marathon so it is a link to a Beardy page:

I'd be very grateful if you could support me in some way or another and I will be wearing a light-blue and white Diabetes UK t-shirt, and 38784 is my number.

Last edited by boadh398; Apr 22, 2013 at 12:37 am Reason: Remove certain identifying elements and link
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Thank you to those who may have sponsored me - if you wish to do so now, please PM me.

I completed the marathon in 5h41m44s.

A little slower than I had hoped, but I still have the medal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.