Wiki Posts
Search

How would you kill 6 hours in FLL?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 5:00 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

How would you kill 6 hours in FLL?

Got booked on an odd DC -> SF itinerary.

Debating paying for a club pass (not cool enough to just buy one), open to suggestions which airline's.

I'd be hanging out in terminal 3.

(Otherwise, I have a laptop loaded with movies and hopefully there's wifi...)
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Not much for to do because they do not connect to much there. Terminal 3 I think is the American Airlines and Condor? The terminals no connecting without through security again.

6 hours, though, the Downtown Fort Lauderdale is nearby location if you wanting to go for lunch. Also the art museum by the "New River." Flat fee transportation, I believe to that location.

Thank you.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:26 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving to the Florida forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
With 6 hours, depending on when those hours are, you should leave the airport and find some good food and entertainment. Museum or music depending on the time but some mighty fine Caribbean, Cuban & Spanish food in the area.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

You have any suggestions? Where I grew up there isn't any Cuban or Spanish food, so that would be nice.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
What time are you there, some spots are good for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner? Any particular tastes you prefer or do not like? How adventurous are you?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:34 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

If I was stuck for 6 hours in FLL, I certainly know what I'd do. I'd Uber myself out to one of my very favorite restaurants for some uh-mah-zing Cuban cuisine.

Padrino's: http://padrinos.com/menu/2

Yelp reviews: https://www.yelp.com/biz/padrinos-cu...ine-plantation
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Leave! FLL is really close to the beach, the downtown Fort Lauderdale area, and Hollywood. Take an Uber or cab over to Las Olas and walk around. You'll definitely find something that interests you.

They've recently connected the two concourses in Terminal 3 so there is a lot more space to move around now, but still not a ton to do. There is free wifi, but I think you should take advantage of the location and venture outside of FLL's walls.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Uber to the Fountainbleu in Miami Beach (white fedora optional) and enjoy some (expensive) cocktails near the pool for a couple hours and take in all you see.

Perhaps engage a stranger in conversation....I like to start by saying, "You look like an interesting person. I bet you have a story to tell." Many times you get amazing stories as most people love to tell strangers their secrets! Enjoy
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Jaxsons ice cream
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:17 am

You might want to check out this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flori...auderdale.html
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, Hilton Diamond, ICH Platinum
I kind of did this yesterday as I had a 4 hour break between WN flights while doing a status segment run between ATL & FLL.

As it's been chilly and rainy in ATL for a while, so I used the opportunity to Uber to the beach for lunch and some sun. Picked Elbo Room as a place to start as I had been there many years prior. It was a quick $9 Uber from FLL and was enjoying a cold beer, sun and sights in less then 15 minutes.

No food at Elbo Room and not inexpensive so I walked a bit for next stop. Came across 5:00 Charlies and bellied up to the bar. Spent about 90 mins enjoying 1/2 price appetizers and discounted draft beers while conversing with a very friendly bartender. Bill before tip was less then $10 for 2 beers and chicken fingers/fries which were excellent.

$5 Uber back to airport. Totally beat sitting in the terminal for 4+ hours.

Need 1 more segment run by end of year so likely looking at FLL again.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
If you enjoy ice cream I highly highly recommend Jaxson's in Dania Beach. It's a famous old fashioned ice cream parlor. Located only a few miles from FLL. The food there in addition to the ice cream is also outstanding. Do some research and check it out. You won't regret it.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:27 am

You could Uber over to the Swap Shop. You can wander around there for hours for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.