Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck out of MIA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:03 am
Original Poster

TSA PreCheck out of MIA

Is TSA Pre Check in worth it if your home airport is MIA.

I ask because I dont want to pay for it only to later find out ]
1) MIA doesnt have one
2) MIA has one but half the time is closed.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:05 am

They do have pre-check available, but I've only flown through there a handful of times. I'm not sure how often they're closed.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Robert
Is TSA Pre Check in worth it if your home airport is MIA.

I ask because I dont want to pay for it only to later find out ]
1) MIA doesnt have one
2) MIA has one but half the time is closed.
MIA has precheck at one of the checkpoints. It's pretty consistently open.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
As this isn't specific to American Airlines, I'm going to shift the discussion to the Florida forum.

~Microwave
AAdvantage forum co-moderator
Old Aug 16, 2016, 9:33 am

When it's closed, it's usually because the regular line is really short. They still give you a "pre-check" pass that allows you to go through the regular metal detector without taking your shoes.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
If flying AA (which is likely for someone MIA-based), 24-hour Pre✓ is available at Checkpoint 2, across from Door 3. It is the only checkpoint serving Concourses D & E with a dedicated TSA Pre✓ lane, as the others have been removed from the other checkpoints to make more space for the regular lines.

Not sure about the rest of the airport (Concourses F-J), though. D & E and H & J are connected behind security but F and G are standalone.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
If flying AA (which is likely for someone MIA-based), 24-hour Pre✓ is available at Checkpoint 2, across from Door 3. It is the only checkpoint serving Concourses D & E with a dedicated TSA Pre✓ lane, as the others have been removed from the other checkpoints to make more space for the regular lines.

Not sure about the rest of the airport (Concourses F-J), though. D & E and H & J are connected behind security but F and G are standalone.
Flying a lot through MIA the last 6 months, I've been departing all hours from early morning to late nights, all flights AA, hence using Checkpoint 2. TSA Pre was open on all occasions.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I am in and out of MIA frequently for work and find that PRE saves me a lot of time. Security lines at MIA can get wild, especially for AA at peak times.

I think it's money well spent.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
If you are flying on AA Checkpoint 2 is open 24 hours and will always accept Pre Check (in late morning and early morning hours the actual Pre Check lane is closed). Some notes. I still get PreCheck from AA and it shows up on my BP about 80%-90% of the time. If I don't get Pre Check the entrance at Concourse E tends to be dead after 6AM when the first bank of flights leave E (usually to PHL, CLT and PHX). Security Lines can get really long at D, even the Pre Check line so its worth having, particularly if you are going to fly out early morning, afternoon and early evenings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.