Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Airbus A319

Designator: A319
Good seats/FT'ers pick: 1A, 10C
Legroom seats: 1ABC (bulkhead), 2DEF (bulkhead), Row 10 (exit, seats do recline)
Overhead stowage notes: 2DEF no overhead due to emergency equipment; closet available in front of 2DEF
General notes: Unknown if pitch varies

Airbus A320

Designator: A320
Good seats/FT'ers pick: 1A
Legroom seats: 1ABC (bulkhead), 2DEF (bulkhead), Row 11 (exit, seats do recline), Row 12 (exit, seats do recline). Row 11 has more legroom than row 12, but row 12 is still significantly better than regular rows.
Overhead stowage notes: 2DEF no overhead due to emergency equipment; closet available in front of 2DEF

Airbus A321
Two versions exist.

Designator: A321
Good seats/FT'ers pick: 9A, 9F (due to no seat in front of it. N.b. tray table is in the armrest, making width slightly tighter)
Legroom seats: 1ABCDEF (bulkhead), 8BCDE, 9AF, 22ABCDEF (all exit rows; 9AF enjoy the most legroom; all seats in rows 8 and 9 recline) While row 8 is exit row and has good pitch, bins and foot-traffic from 9AF might be an issue. Some pics are here.
Overhead stowage notes: Emergency equipment in bins above 1DEF, 8DE, 22DEF. Closet space available in front of 1DEF. No bins at all above 8BC. Bin above 7ABC divided into smaller compartments
General notes: Unknown if pitch varies.

Designator: A32B
Good seats/FT'ers pick: ?
Legroom seats: 1ABCDEF (bulkhead), 10ABCDEF, 24ABCDEF (exit rows; seats do recline; FA sits opposite 10F and 24F)
Overhead stowage notes: Emergency equipment in bins above 1DEF and halfway through 2DEF, 9-10ABC, 9-10DEF, 23ABCDEF. Narrow closet in front of 1DEF used for crew bags.
General notes: Slightly larger pitch on rows 2–8.

Embraer E190

Designator: E90
Legroom seats: 1ACDF (bulkhead), 11ACDF (exit, seats do recline), both rows enjoy a more or less equal amount of legroom
Overhead stowage notes:

Embraer E190-2
Operated by Wideroe for Finnair in a 114 seat config

Designator: 290
Legroom seats: 2AC 1DF (bulkhead, no 1AC in the config), 12ACDF (exit row)
Overhead stowage notes:
General notes:
Print Wikipost

Seating advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by intuition
I have started a sample text-wiki, let's play with it and see if we like this.
Legroom seats: Some seats allows legs
Overhead stowage notes: Not ample for sleeping
lol
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:54 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yes, Wiki and Sticky as per Intuition's original suggestion is a very good idea! That's what I had in mind, collecting my observations on recent flights... I'll add them to the Wiki post when I've got the time!

Edit: A320 and A321 added. I'd be happy if someone could comment on the recline of A320/row 11 and A321/rows 7 and 21.

Last edited by ffay005; Aug 30, 2016 at 3:48 pm
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:15 pm

Added some info to the Wiki about A320 exit rows.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:39 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Two questions about A321 (32B)

1. Why is 10C to prefer over 10A? Just because aisle? Only A and F has the extra legspace.

2. I am on A321 "operated by Air Berlin for finnair". In MMB it has designator 32B and the seatmap presented is identical to AY 32B. So I chose 10A. But airberlin.com has this seat named 12A... Besides that AB apparently has crammed in 2 more rows between doors 1 and 2, my chosen seat (10A) does not exist in reality.

So where will AY put me? 58Ö? I need to call in, right?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Why seats on row 1 (and 2 after wall) are named legroom seats? Worst legroom on the plane.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Why seats on row 1 (and 2 after wall) are named legroom seats? Worst legroom on the plane.
Not too much legroom but plenty of kneeroom! I prefer.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
Two questions about A321 (32B)

1. Why is 10C to prefer over 10A? Just because aisle? Only A and F has the extra legspace.
The A32B part is actually still empty, the texts there were just copypasted from some other aircraft type so they did not reflect the A32B. I've edited the wiki, substituting the false info with question marks. Let's hope someone will add some real info soon.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:24 pm

Legroom is a misleading word. Even if the seat in front of you is really close, there's plenty of room for your legs and feet on the floor, however, your knees will be crushed. (Just experienced this on an IB A319, where pitch must have been significantly less than on AY.) In row 1, however, there's no front row under which to keep your legs and feet, but on the other hand, there's a whole lot room for your knees, which is far more important at least for me.

Perhaps AY's decision to call these XL seats is less misleading than calling them legroom seats.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:29 pm

I would NEVER choose row 1 on a 320 Just a terrible feeling when there is a wall just in front of you and you cant stretch your legs at all

Last edited by ylefin; Oct 4, 2016 at 6:04 pm Reason: Type
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I always try to get the first row despite the drawbacks of less space for legs and a bit narrower seat because of the foldable table. My usual flights in these aircraft are less than 3 hours so these are minor issues.

Reasons for the first row are:
1) The feeling of space because the bulkhead is much further ahead than the seat in front might be. Two windows in some cases is also very nice
2) Almost direct access to the aisle from the window seat. The person sitting by the aisle is disturbed when the person by the window must go to powder ones nose, but doesn't have to stand up
3) NF first served, major bonus on a short flight

Last edited by Hartsa; Oct 5, 2016 at 12:41 am
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:14 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Hartsa
I always try to get the first row despite the drawbacks of less space for legs and a bit narrower seat because of the foldable table. My usual flights in these aircraft are less than 3 hours so these are minor issues.

Reasons for the first row are:
1) The feeling of space because the bulkhead is much further ahead than the seat in front might be. Two windows in some cases is also very nice
2) Almost direct access to the aisle from the window seat. The person sitting by the isle is disturbed when the person by the window must go to powder ones nose, but doesn't have to stand up
3) NF first served, major bonus on a short flight
This pretty much corresponds to my POV.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ylefin
I would NEVER choose row 1 on a 320 Just a terrible feeling when there is a wall just in front of you and you cant stretch your legs at all
I'll always choose 1C on A319/A320 if available as you can stretch your legs into the area in front of the newspaper cabinet (for most of the flight).
Old Oct 7, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: AY LUMO
In AY's 319 there is no special seats so randomly chosen I'm on 20A to PRG.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:53 am

In AY's 319 there is no special seats so randomly chosen I'm on 20A to PRG.
Doesn't exit row 10 have more legroom?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:58 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Weird thing happened today, had checked in and confimed my pre selected aisle C seat for flight, going to the lounge and loaded BP for entry from the App..seat had changed to a window A one row behind...no equipment change and my original C was still open so changed back...AY it rocking, again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.