Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OH-LQA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Assuming I'm understanding everything correctly that there is only one A340 left in AY's fleet, it looks like it will be flying HEL - DEL on Friday, February 5th and the following day as well.

Note FlightAware showing AY 22 (DEL - HEL) as being an A343 for the next two days: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...510Z/VIDP/EFHK
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by smilinganddialing
Assuming I'm understanding everything correctly that there is only one A340 left in AY's fleet...
Nope, there are actually 5 of them. But only one of them (OH-LQA) has the previous generation J cabin. The other 4 has full flat business class.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
The other 4 has full flat business class.
And these 4 are built 2007-08, relatively new birds.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Nope, there are actually 5 of them. But only one of them (OH-LQA) has the previous generation J cabin. The other 4 has full flat business class.
Thank you for the correction. Just monitoring JFK - HEL - DEL and hoping the second leg doesn't end up being on OH-LQA.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I am looking to book DEL-HEL on March 11-13 (flexible). There is J available, and all I can really tell is that for that stretch, the scheduled plane is an A343. Is there any chance of finding out whether it is OH-LQA or one of the newer full lie flats? I am likely going to need to sleep on the flight and don't relish the thought of the angled flat.

I from flightradar that this bird has no real pattern. Recently it has been doing PVG while DEL has LQC scheduled. But who knows in a month! Is there a reliable schedule list somewhere?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by porphyra
I am looking to book DEL-HEL on March 11-13 (flexible). Is there any chance of finding out whether it is OH-LQA or one of the newer full lie flats?
On AY website you can check the seatmap before concluding the booking, LQA is the only one with 2-2-2 seating in J.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
What makes LQA so scary?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:29 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
What makes LQA so scary?
I bet the OP is one of those weird ones who sleeps and doesn't drink booze for the whole flight?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Originally Posted by porphyra
I am looking to book DEL-HEL on March 11-13 (flexible). There is J available, and all I can really tell is that for that stretch, the scheduled plane is an A343. Is there any chance of finding out whether it is OH-LQA or one of the newer full lie flats? I am likely going to need to sleep on the flight and don't relish the thought of the angled flat.

I from flightradar that this bird has no real pattern. Recently it has been doing PVG while DEL has LQC scheduled. But who knows in a month! Is there a reliable schedule list somewhere?

I had a look and on March 11 and 12 OH-LQA isn't assigned for HEL-DEL.
On March 13, AY21 is not operating at all.
So at the moment full lie flats assigned for DEL on those dates.
On March 10, OH-LQA is operating on HEL-DEL.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by cistavoda
I bet the OP is one of those weird ones who sleeps and doesn't drink booze for the whole flight?
Don't know about the OP, but I have to say that as a finn (u know, we prefer to have our personal space ) I don't like the OH-LQA 2-2-2 configuration. The seats are, well decent - but as I fly mostly alone, I prefer seating Finnair have on their other planes. Especially on A359.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by finhub
I had a look and on March 11 and 12 OH-LQA isn't assigned for HEL-DEL.
On March 13, AY21 is not operating at all.
So at the moment full lie flats assigned for DEL on those dates.
On March 10, OH-LQA is operating on HEL-DEL.
The OP was booking DEL-HEL (not vv.). If LQA is operating HEL-DEL on March 10th, the it will be doing DEL-HEL on March 11th, or?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by duvin
The OP was booking DEL-HEL (not vv.). If LQA is operating HEL-DEL on March 10th, the it will be doing DEL-HEL on March 11th, or?
Thank god someone can read! My eyes were probably still half closed when I replied in the morning

Well, anyway. On March 11 OH-LQA is assigned for DEL-HEL.
On March 12&13 it is going to be another 343, not OH-LQA.

Last edited by finhub; Feb 7, 2016 at 8:48 am
Old Feb 7, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Thank you, guys! I will book March 12. I have never been on Finnair and was looking forward to trying its premium cabin.

As to me being one of those who doesn't drink and sleeps the whole flight? Hardly. I mentioned the sleep bit because likely I would have been up all night partying on my last day. I vowed many moons ago not to do a trip in Y after my typical last night in DEL soirees
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hi all,

I'm flying AY for the first time ever in about a month! First off, I'm quite excited to try AY as I have always wanted to do so. Part of my itinerary is HEL-SIN-HEL. When I booked the ticket the two flights were operated with the A330 so I had nothing to worry about. Well the two flights were recently changed to the A340. The seat map online indicates the flights are not going to be operated by OH-LQA but I search and I see that that particular bird has been flying to SIN fairly regularly. What are the chances of a substitution to LQA?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Finnair has a pretty small fleet and they do a lot of substitutions. Especially last minute if an incomming is delayed or in need of some extra mech love.
But it is impossible to predict your chances.
If you do get LQA, see it as your chance to experience something that soon won't be possible!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.