Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 9:39 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Isn't it some kind of fig jam?
I've had similar with the desert cheeses, but looking back to old menues it seems they are not "declaring" this condiment.
Yummy indeed.
Old May 28, 2015, 9:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by hugolover
I would still like to know how a SFML would be on a short-haul flight. Such as if its a hot meal flight where the seafood meal is hot etc.
I just had a look at my options on next shorthaul J trip, and SFML isn't among the options offered in MMB. Not sure if something is a matter with the food selector or if they deliberately crossed of some SPMLs from the shorthauls.
(If it was available, I might be persuaded to take one for the team, ie order it and document it. )
Old May 28, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Isn't it some kind of fig jam?
I've had similar with the desert cheeses, but looking back to old menues it seems they are not "declaring" this condiment.
Yummy indeed.
Fig jam sounds about right, it was very tasty. ^

It was a bit odd having the same melon in both the main and dessert though.

I prefer the pineapple/grape mixes anyway.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
I just had a look at my options on next shorthaul J trip, and SFML isn't among the options offered in MMB. Not sure if something is a matter with the food selector or if they deliberately crossed of some SPMLs from the shorthauls.
(If it was available, I might be persuaded to take one for the team, ie order it and document it. )
These are options offered AY659 HEL-OSL (and AY660 back) in two weeks:

Last edited by jp_fin; May 29, 2015 at 2:52 am
Old May 29, 2015, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Chose kosher for a proper meal

For some years I always chose kosher meal (in Y, though) - as there is no purveyor of such meals in FI, they are imported from Belgium (?) and they used to be always a full 3-5 course meal, the main course usually poached salmon. Imagine the looks from fellow pax munching on their 3 pcs of cold meatballs

After a while it became too repetitive, so I quit ordering it.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
PS2 Yes, the Godivas finally left the building. Missed by no one...
^^^ Could not agree more. Godiva is anything but good and for some odd reason people love it... Could be the lack of not having tasted proper Swiss chocolate made with proper Swiss milk - Oh, I'm not Swiss btw
Old May 29, 2015, 6:21 am

Personally I definitely prefer the Godiva chocolates over the 'cakes' or other desserts in those little plastic cups. They are just so unappealing and generic, I rarely open them.

My all time favourite AY SH J dessert has to be the sea buckthorn fool with an 'island' of cream, I think it was called. Deeeelicious, and well representing the Finnish identity of the airline. ^

What I would actually like is a nice bowl of fresh berries, a nice light and refreshing end to an inflight meal.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AY+ Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Personally I definitely prefer the Godiva chocolates over the 'cakes' or other desserts in those little plastic cups. They are just so unappealing and generic, I rarely open them.
At least a couple of weeks ago BCN-HEL flight dessert was the "traditional" Godiva, so maybe they still have them on rotation..
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
I think even I might agree on this - just had rather disappointing shorthaul J meal.
First schengen lounge in HEL only serves salad, then onboard HEL-CPH is - lo and behold - a salad. Desert is a 0,5€ factory made pastry in plastic wrap, you know the kind sold in vending machines because they keep forever. Didn't touch it.
Even if the godivas got boring, at least they were edible.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Flew yesterday from CPH to HEL in J class. Food was a 10 cm warm baguette with goat cheese on top and some straws of rucola salad. Very bad "food" I must say. =( At least the Godiva chocolate was there...
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AppleMr
--Very bad "food" I must say. --
Give feedback, hopefully they'll listen (and eventually amend things) when they receive enough negative comments concerning the "quality" of food....

www.finnair.com/FI/FI/feedback
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
You should ask to be downgraded to Y and preorder warm food there

Seriously though, what is the idea with selling meals for 12€, upgrades for 69€ and true business class tickets for about +300€ (over economy) ?!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:58 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Courmisch

Seriously though, what is the idea with selling meals for 12€, upgrades for 69€ and true business class tickets for about +300€ (over economy) ?!
Indeed.

Perhaps I will call plat hotline and make them order the 12€ hot food option for my next trip, just to have this conversation:
- But why do you want to order this? We do serve food in business class.
- No, you don't.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Give feedback, hopefully they'll listen (and eventually amend things) when they receive enough negative comments concerning the "quality" of food....

www.finnair.com/FI/FI/feedback
OK sent in the milk of my thoughts.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:06 am

I find the standard AY J breakfast meals - whilst hearty and filling - sometimes slightly too heavy for an early morning flight. I decided to try the Fruit Platter meal (FPML) and was pleasantly surprised. ^ There is plenty of fruit, of good quality too. It was definitely a very refreshing, yet surprisingly filling meal. (Some apple slices on the right hand side out of sight, the iPad camera isn't so good for closeups.

I can also recommend the AVML for breakfast, it is a breakfast crêpe with kidney beans and some sort of marinated and sautéed potatoes. Served with a fruit bowl, and either a yoghurt or a sea buckthorn soup. (Delicious)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.