Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair to introduce Y+ ("comfort")

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Courmisch
If you usually travel in full planes or in another class, you wouldn't notice. But they have been doing that ever since Comfort seating was officially introduced.
A sign of travelling not so often in economy comfort it seems that I did not remember that one.
However, as said, there was again some people during the flight sneaking in the comfort side, so I just wondered..
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:28 am

Officially on A350, Economy Comfort has legroom of 34" to 36". Shall I assume then row 21 is 34" while 22 to 25 would be 36" ?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Anyone experienced a status downgrade whilst holding a booking where they have selected economy comfort seats?

I booked flights for next January and although I'm currently in front row seats, I'm expecting to be kicked out of those when my OWE status falls to Sapphire in September. Could I get lucky?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by headingwest
Anyone experienced a status downgrade whilst holding a booking where they have selected economy comfort seats?

I booked flights for next January and although I'm currently in front row seats, I'm expecting to be kicked out of those when my OWE status falls to Sapphire in September. Could I get lucky?
Albeit I cannot comment this particular situation from experience I'm relavitely certain you will keep your seats without issues.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
The seat(s) will remain assigned to you, but when doing the check-in the system will charge you. My experience is from Gold => Gold. Booked tickets when Y+ was free for golds, selected those seats. Policy change came along. During OLCI, system wants to charge me for 5X80€. CS sorted it out, as AY has promised to honour the existing reservations.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Interesting, in that case I'll just have to sweat it out and hope that there isn't an equipment change. Hopefully I'll get a 'helpful' agent when we check in!

Thanks to both of you.

What a pity Finnair pulled the plug on this great benefit for Sapphires...like the Premium Lounge.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
A data point that is hopefully helpful to others. We booked Comfort Plus seats using Mrs Yorkieflyers One World sapphire status for free last May, before this was restricted to emeralds in July I believe? Noticing others have had difficulty at OLCI and rang CS I rang this morning before OLCI explained to the agent and the seats have been made non chargeable. I'm assured we can OLCI without difficulty now. Time will tell I guess? Here's hoping.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
And check in was fine!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:02 am
BDA

Programs: UA 1K
On the A350 does economy comfort extend behind row 25?

Just booked A350 HEL-ICN and got myself seat on row 27.

On the Booking page is says "27D Economy Comfort"

But, on the seat selection page it is referred to as a "preferred seat" but not economy comfort.

Is 27 a seat with more legroom or just regular economy.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
What is the service on AY long-haul economy comfort? Any different from standard Y? I flew BA premium economy when flying to Africa in June and was so impressed. It pretty much beat AY short-haul J in my mind. Not just WHAT we got but HOW: the service was impeccable.

on another note (because I'm lazy): I have 6 hours at Dar es Salaam airport when coming home. Any suggestions? It's small...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Comfort means more leg space, mid-cabin sitting, better chance of not having a neighbor, the headset and amenity kit. Otherwise, it is the same as Economy.

Nowadays, the chief of cabin comes to greet at the beginning of the flight. But that's about the Platinum status, not the comfort seat per se.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by BDA
Just booked A350 HEL-ICN and got myself seat on row 27.

On the Booking page is says "27D Economy Comfort"

But, on the seat selection page it is referred to as a "preferred seat" but not economy comfort.

Is 27 a seat with more legroom or just regular economy.
I'm pretty certain that row 27 is NOT economy comfort, meaning that it is just regular economy. Economy comfort is rows 21-25.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Comfort means more leg space, mid-cabin sitting, better chance of not having a neighbor, the headset and amenity kit. Otherwise, it is the same as Economy.

Nowadays, the chief of cabin comes to greet at the beginning of the flight. But that's about the Platinum status, not the comfort seat per se.
Thanks. So clearly quite different from BA's Premium Economy. I guess that is expected.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
Thanks. So clearly quite different from BA's Premium Economy. I guess that is expected.
Yes. The seat is the exact same as in the further back, only the pitch is larger. Compare to AA MCE, not to BA or JL.

The price difference is also much smaller... in your case, it is even zero. And mileage is based on the underlying ticket type, not flat 100%.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
on another note (because I'm lazy): I have 6 hours at Dar es Salaam airport when coming home. Any suggestions? It's small...
[Off topic]

Out of interest, how are you doing OneWorld to Dar? I'm here now and it's pretty much a OneWorld dead zone (except for Qatar, which now has to go all the way around Saudi on the way to Doha).

If you can get in without a visa (or you're arriving on a domestic flight), there are some malls and a cinema on the airport road to town. Does depend on the time you arrive and leave - airport to town can be anywhere between 15 minutes and 2 hours. You'd have more time if you take a boda boda (motorbike taxi), but that does depend on your risk appetite.

If you can't get in without a visa on arrival, you're going to spend an hour waiting for one. I'd probably just hang out at the lounge and eat the samosas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.