Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Tier points mission (im)possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Tier points mission (im)possible?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by jmmi
Yep, they count as LT points. Good luck!
Are there tier points which aren't counted towards LT? I did a manual calculation and I'm almost 200 000 LT points short! Not taking the point exchanges into account brings me ~40 000 LT points too high. What's going on here?
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Unsub
Are there tier points which aren't counted towards LT? I did a manual calculation and I'm almost 200 000 LT points short! Not taking the point exchanges into account brings me ~40 000 LT points too high. What's going on here?
Very interesting question. I guess we all need to calculate our LT balance to see if something is missing.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I follow tier points, segments and LT points in Excel and everything is ok.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:31 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Very interesting question. I guess we all need to calculate our LT balance to see if something is missing.
I wonder it they even have the data from the 90s available anymore? If so, impossible to double check and just need to trust them..
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:04 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
The AY lifetime limits might sound tough to many of us mortals...for the real flyers they are nothing...many of us know(=have read about) the fellow FT member who has some 17mm lifetime with United and I think at least 2 years with >1M BIS miles...and AY is all about kilometers with cabin/tier bonuses...(no idea how much award miles that 17mm guy makes but 1M flown in 12 months is insane, even in First.)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I wonder it they even have the data from the 90s available anymore? If so, impossible to double check and just need to trust them..
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
So do I.
I am short 12125 LT tierpoints according to my spreadsheet. Now that may be something I missed in the early days but since the bonus points adds up perfectly (and that is more complex) I am slightly suspicious. I do know that 250 points disappeared in 2013, can't track the rest.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
How do you get the data to Excel? Manually? The statement doesn't want to be copied nicely..
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: AY LUMO
How do you get the data to Excel? Manually? The statement doesn't want to be copied nicely..
Yes, I update it manually after every flight posted on AY+ account.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:48 am
Moderator, Finnair

It used to copy nicely, but since a while back, it does not. If you are handy with the text import guide, you can make it somewhat less manual than typing it all. But if done regularly then typing is sadly the way to go.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:31 am

Copy the list manually and run this on the tier points cells =VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(MID(D2;14;6);"+";" "))

Works for the Finnish layout as the cell is formatted like "TASOPISTEET:+ 6276+ 6276". Should be easy to adjust for other languages. The substitute is needed to work properly on the 3 digit accruals.

I truly am 167759 LT's low.. EDIT: It was an IT glitch (how surprising). The list starts over after the 2-year cutoff. Didn't even realize there's no way to find older data so no way of checking this..
Attached Images  

Last edited by Unsub; Apr 19, 2017 at 3:58 am
Old May 27, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Passed the 1500000 points milestone. Still faaar away for LT Gold or Plat...
Old May 28, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Ukki
Passed the 1500000 points milestone. Still faaar away for LT Gold or Plat...
Assuming you collect the 150K per year you'll be LTG by 2027.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:01 am
Moderator, Finnair

I am one of all these members hoovering around halfway to LT gold and with current earning pace (200k/year) there really is no point in bothering or keeping track.

I'm still short the 11 875 LT points that disappeared earlier, I wonder what would happen if I demanded a recount. Like I said, I don't want to put time and energy into fighting for a program that has very little relevancy to me, but I am curious if they would brush me off or actually pull my entire flight record to see who is wrong.
Old May 28, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
I am one of all these members hoovering around halfway to LT gold and with current earning pace (200k/year) there really is no point in bothering or keeping track.

I'm still short the 11 875 LT points that disappeared earlier, I wonder what would happen if I demanded a recount. Like I said, I don't want to put time and energy into fighting for a program that has very little relevancy to me, but I am curious if they would brush me off or actually pull my entire flight record to see who is wrong.
I'd say do it still! I'd like to see what would happen.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Well... I already got some sorrows from looking at my excel history. My eyes fell on a old GOT-HKG trip that earned 94 000 tier points.
Those days are never coming back. Now we get excited for the breadcrumbs they throw at us, 100 game point here and there.

Anyway, I had to look at my photos from the trip and realise that was the time I went to Taipei, stayed in a hotel with mirrors in the ceiling, all the other guests were going at it like minks while I was alone because (former) Taiwanese GF was sick and unable to make it. I couldn't find the best site for lantern festival and the place I went to had no lanterns, but a "snow-machine" that hacked ice into smaller pieces of ice and spread through the air and everyone thought that is how snowing is and were very excited.

Then back to Hong Kong realising even luxury hotels have crappy rooms, but hey they have turn-down-service so that should compensate for kitchen ventilation being loosely bolted to my wall and noisy all night. Taking the bus to top of Victoria peek, finding out that potential HK GF didn't really share my views on just how big that potential was, but hey we had a nice walk downhill which incidentally described our relationship future too.

(Slightly exaggerated for drama)

So yeah - perhaps not pull up all this old stuff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.