Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Strikes and strike threats with potential to disrupt AY and other flights to/from HEL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strikes and strike threats with potential to disrupt AY and other flights to/from HEL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:13 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Original Poster
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
The parties have accepted the National Conciliator's proposal for agreement. No support strikes! And hey, maybe I will even get something to eat on HEL-CDG come Thursday.... ^
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Catering counterparts have come into an agreement and strikes fornow seem to be over.

How long it willtake for catering to become normal,no idea.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:15 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Originally Posted by SPBanker
The parties have accepted the National Conciliator's proposal for agreement. No support strikes! And hey, maybe I will even get something to eat on HEL-CDG come Thursday.... ^
you are quick
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by sakari1707
you are quick
Heh, I eagerly waiting for this piece of news, as a strike would have made it necessary to book TATL flights starting from Stockholm...
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
... And hey, maybe I will even get something to eat on HEL-CDG come Thursday.... ^
Yeah, they have a mountain of food trays left from the past weeks, so there will be an abundance once they get the loading working..
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Yeah, they have a mountain of food trays left from the past weeks, so there will be an abundance once they get the loading working..
Yeah, and what about all that unconsumed wine and beer!!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Yeah, and what about all that unconsumed wine and beer!!
That goes to the unions' strike fund!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Just took a flight to VNO. No food offered yet (if you can call it food on such a short flight anyway). But now they had coffee and tea, in addition to water and juice.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:37 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Maybe it is just my feeling but HEL feels quite calm this morning..maybe many pax moved their flights for a later date last week..it is not busy time now but this is still more quiet than usual at this hour..
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:12 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Finnish Cabin Crew Union issued a strike warning

The Finnish Cabin Crew Union (SLSY) has issued a strike warning concerning Airpro's cabin personnel.

The potential work stoppage would begin on March 26 from 7 am to 4 pm and affect Helsinki-borne traffic with Airpro personnel on board.

3/11/15

Just wondering which flights would be affected, as flying from LHR to HEL on 18:05 flight that day...
Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: LH SEN
As it says, will affect flights where cabin crew is from Airpro. Practically those are Thomas Cook (DK) and TUIfly Nordic (BLX).
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Nothing really to do with Finnair, but if this strike happens on May 7-8, it will clearly affect Finnair flight as well.

http://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flightinfo

FINNISH AVIATION UNION'S STRIKE THREAT'S IMPACT ON FINNAIR FLIGHTS 7 AND 8 MAY, 2015

2015-04-30

Finnish Aviation Union has issued a strike warning for May 7 and 8, 2015. The possible strike relates to a dispute between unions, and Finnair is in no way party to this dispute. If implemented, the FAU strike would clearly impact Finnair flight operations. At this point we are unable to estimate exactly what the final impacts would be.

To minimize the inconvenience to our customers, Finnair offers below flexibility to customers to change flights once free of charge:

Original travel dates are 7 or 8 May, 2015
New travel dates are between 1 May and 31 May (excluding 7 and 8 May, 2015)
Ticket can be changed to another Finnair operated destination. Higher fare difference will be charged, lower fare difference will not be refunded.
Full refund if the flight is cancelled
You may change the travel date by calling to Finnair Customer Service or to your Travel Agent. If the flight is cancelled, you may apply refund by filling a refund application in order to get a full refund of the ticket fare.

Please check the departure and arrival times in Flight status. We do our best to contact the passengers on the flights affected directly. Please check from Manage booking that we have your current contact information.

We are sorry for the inconvenience the situation may cause to our customers. We are following the situation and will update any new information on this page.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:23 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
I had a evening flight on 8th May to DBV, just changed it easily to morning flight on 9th May by using AY chat. Once again I give credit to this chat, it's really convenient.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I am (should be) flying SIN-HEL on 9/May - what are the chances that the inbound HEL-SIN will be cancelled? And what are my options from SIN - via LHR?

Another thing - would LHR-HEL on BA 7/May be effected?

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Apr 30, 2015 at 8:24 pm
Old May 4, 2015, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I am (should be) flying SIN-HEL on 9/May - what are the chances that the inbound HEL-SIN will be cancelled? And what are my options from SIN - via LHR?

Another thing - would LHR-HEL on BA 7/May be effected?
Strike threat has been postponed to May 19-20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.