Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to pre-order [in longhaul business class]?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by ylefin
The menu available on your flight

...I have really had enough of Xmas and I seriosly think my fellow travelers think the same . Look at this
Originally Posted by AY Customer Service
Tarjoamme bisnesmatkustajillemme joulumenun aikavälillä 26.11.–30.12.2014.
So a couple of days of suffering xmas food, music and crap left...
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Those are only the side dishes. You can skip them altogether and just go for the main course if you like. Go for the soup (non-chrissy-style) and the main if you are tired of christmas food.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
So a couple of days of suffering xmas food, music and crap left...
BTW
HKG airport starts with christmas music in the airside speakers months ahead of the season and it lasts forever...

It can always be worse
Old Dec 21, 2014, 5:44 pm

These are not side dishes. Its the whole menu. At least if you believe what Finnair tells me. Of course, I can try to order something else, so far it has not been possible, maybe only two weeks before departure?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
I had the Christmas menu on Friday and the quoted menu is definitely just the appetizers, its missing the main courses which are/were duck breast, cod or vegetarian canneloni. I had the cod which tasted ok, the presentation was not the most appetizing though. Besides the Christmas delicacies they also had sweet potato soup as an appetizer.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:14 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
I had the Christmas menu on Friday and the quoted menu is definitely just the appetizers, its missing the main courses which are/were duck breast, cod or vegetarian canneloni. I had the cod which tasted ok, the presentation was not the most appetizing though. Besides the Christmas delicacies they also had sweet potato soup as an appetizer.
I had that menu a week ago on HEL-MIA. Soup wasn't available at all, and advertised gingerbread and mulled wine were missing, too.

I agree that cod was tasty. However, the presentation wasn't the most beautiful one and the dish did have neither peas nor shrimps even though they were listed on the menu.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 12:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Just like to confirm that I also got the same treatment as above - no mulled wine, christmas specialities as 3 separate entrés (served in the ubiquitous thule glasses ) and then normal main course. Didn't see/ask for soup so I don't know if it was present.

On a side note our pre orders, added to the reservation 36 h before take off worked without flaw. Duck, reindeer and chilli prawns - each to their own.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by intuition
Just like to confirm that I also got the same treatment as above - no mulled wine, christmas specialities as 3 separate entrés (served in the ubiquitous thule glasses ) and then normal main course. Didn't see/ask for soup so I don't know if it was present.

On a side note our pre orders, added to the reservation 36 h before take off worked without flaw. Duck, reindeer and chilli prawns - each to their own.
AY are idiots if they cut Glögg from Christmas flights for what reason ever...

Btw, a very merry Christmas to you all!
Old Dec 31, 2014, 4:44 am

I have now tried many times to order my main course (reindeer) for a flight soon. I always get the same message, that they cannot handle the speciel orders now, contact us. And then I get an email that it is confirmed without mentioning what is confirmed, they ask me in this message also to submit the special information which is needed for US, which I have given about three times. I wonder how many reindeers are waiting for me during the flight
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:23 am

I will have a flight to JFK in March. What can I see for dining options are these:

THE MENU AVAILABLE ON YOUR FLIGHT

Christmas lunch
A warm Christmas welcome - mulled wine with ginger bread
Smoked almonds
Green salad, balsamic vinaigrette
An assortment of Finnish Christmas delicacies*
Breast of turkey with foie gras mousse
Matjes herring and créme fraiche
Nordic style cured rainbow trout
or
Creamy sweet potato soup with malt rye croutons
Cheeses - goat cheese gruyère
Häagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream
Chocolate pralines
Coffee, tea and avec

Light meal
Scandinavian style open sandwich with shrimps (COLD)
Fresh fruit
Finnish cinnamon buns
Coffee or tea

Seriously? Christmas food in spring... This is the same menu I had on MIA flight earlier this month. This can't be true. I though AY is introducing new menus designed by three Finnish top chefs in the end of January.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:28 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
It's not true. I think today is the last day for X-mas menu.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker
It's not true. I think today is the last day for X-mas menu.
So the booking system is always showing the current menu although the booked flight would have totally different menu?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
For my JFK in June, I see the three options:
Option 1
Roasted salmon with provencale crust, roasted butternut squash batons, eggplant caponata, broccolini and yellow pepper sauce
Option 2
New York strip beef with caramelized onion demi glace, mashed potatoes with leeks, sautéed Brussels sprouts and roasted tomatoes
Option 3
Linguini pasta with pumpkin and arugula, toasted pine nuts, bell pepper julienne, parmesan and basil

Additionally the Foodlovers treat, chefs gourmet, and wellness n energy
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
For my JFK in June, I see the three options:
Option 1
Roasted salmon with provencale crust, roasted butternut squash batons, eggplant caponata, broccolini and yellow pepper sauce
Option 2
New York strip beef with caramelized onion demi glace, mashed potatoes with leeks, sautéed Brussels sprouts and roasted tomatoes
Option 3
Linguini pasta with pumpkin and arugula, toasted pine nuts, bell pepper julienne, parmesan and basil

Additionally the Foodlovers treat, chefs gourmet, and wellness n energy
Interesting since these are the options I had on my return flight from MIA two weeks ago.

I emailed to AY+ and got an answer. They confirmed there is some technical issue in their system and that's why it shows wrong menu. They said they don't even know what options the menu will include in March, but new menus should be updated during this month.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:09 am

Yes there seems to be techical difficulties - I finally got my Chefs Gourmet Reindeer after a call and pretty much work within the Finnair organisation, for such a small issue, to get me food. On the other hand it is not a small issue in Business Class, where everything should be perfect. But I got really kind service from Finnair, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.