Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL priority security

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:52 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by timol
First time IIRC my Y BP says "Lounge invitation. welcome to Finnair lounge located between gates 36 and 37. This invitation is for two persons". This was "AY833 sold as BA6033".

And we were turned away from priority Security - not that it mattered because queues were nowhere to be seen.
As OW Emerald you can use both Finnair Lounge in the non-Schengen area and almost@home. However, fast track security is not an OW benefit...
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
In case any transfer passengers are reading this, HEL is unique in that it doesn't run you through any security clearance if you arrive and are just connecting to another flight in HEL. Every other airport I've flown through, from LHR to FRA, will still run you through a security check before you can board your next flight.

Of course this probably depends on where you are connecting from, from some places I'm sure the security check will still apply. But when flying WAW-HEL-SIN I only have to go through security once in WAW and that's it. ^
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by SPBanker
However, fast track security is not an OW benefit...
Indeed. I would rather describe it as total confusion. My latest success - AY in Y with BA OWE card ^ At other times it gets refused
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:15 am

Programs: LH SEN
Fast track at HEL is "an OW benefit" for Emeralds when travelling on a flight operated and marketed by AY.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Indeed. I would rather describe it as total confusion. My latest success - AY in Y with BA OWE card ^ At other times it gets refused
AY in Y with BA Gold (and previously BA Silver) has never caused me any trouble.

Anyway, for the time being I prefer going through the "main" security at T2, because of the new weird sliding door things they've installed at the other security line. Makes me feel like a parcel in a sorting office...
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by esledo
Fast track at HEL is "an OW benefit" for Emeralds when travelling on a flight operated and marketed by AY.
+1
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
I was flying on AA131 on 14th of July, and the C/I agent stated that I could use fast track security as I was flying in business class. I told her that I thought it would only be for AY biz pax and AY elites, she said that she has never heard about that. Well, I never found out if it would have worked or not as the priority security was closed. I have tried to access it few times (on BA flight in Y) but have been turned away and honestly, I have felt myself really stupid both times!
Old Jul 26, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by novelle
Hi everyone!

I am flying from HEL to LHR in business with AY, but ticket is brought from BA so I guess I have a BA number on my ticket? Can I use priority security or is it only for ay tickets with ay number? I don't have any status on ba/ay.

And second little off topic question: Can I use Finnair non-schengen lounge when I am flying in AY business but got BA number on my ticket?

Thanks!
My latest experince a week ago:

Travelled HEL-LHR in business class (Finnair flight, sold as BA, I had BA Bronze card)

-Bording card had printed priority security (also mentioned sold as BA flight) and used priority line without problems
-Was refused entry to Almost@home lounge. Although I said it is BA ticketed, I was told its treated like Finnair flight. They also said that they have finished all co- operation with Finnair...?
-Used Finnair non-shengen lounge

So it seems to be different almost everytime...

Last edited by teme; Jul 27, 2013 at 4:05 am
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teme
My latest experince a week ago:

Travelled HEL-LHR in business class (Finnair flight, sold as BA, I had BA Bronze card)

-Was refused entry to Almost@home lounge. Although I said it is BA ticketed, I was told its treated like Finnair flight. They also said that they have finished all co- operation with Finnair...?
-Used Finnair non-shengen lounge

So it seems to be different almost everytime...
Who is "They also said that they have finished all co- operation with Finnair"? I would have asked to talk to a manager. This is a OW privilege and the OW rules clearly dictate that you should have had access since you are a BA Bronze.

"Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use any lounge offered by any oneworld airline when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown."
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Who is "They also said that they have finished all co- operation with Finnair"? I would have asked to talk to a manager. This is a OW privilege and the OW rules clearly dictate that you should have had access since you are a BA Bronze.

"Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use any lounge offered by any oneworld airline when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown."
Well, my lowly bronze card only equals Oneworld Ruby, so lounge access would have been granted by class of travel, i.e business class. Which, by the book, should grant access to all OW business class lounges, although we all know that sometimes business class passangers without enough status are not always given the choice. Still I would hope some consistency, because last time, not long ago, I was told to go the Almost@Home lounge in a similar situation (AY flight, BA ticket)
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by teme
Well, my lowly bronze card only equals Oneworld Ruby, so lounge access would have been granted by class of travel, i.e business class. Which, by the book, should grant access to all OW business class lounges, although we all know that sometimes business class passangers without enough status are not always given the choice. Still I would hope some consistency, because last time, not long ago, I was told to go the Almost@Home lounge in a similar situation (AY flight, BA ticket)
My bad on the OW status. Up early in the US and hadn't had my 1st cup of coffee But even so, as you state, a Business Class ticket should also be a qualifier. I've saved the OW Lounge Rules page on my mobile so I can pull it up anytime some Lounge Dragon tries to circumvent the rules. Doesn't happen often, but just in case..
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:23 am

My bad on the OW status. Up early in the US and hadn't had my 1st cup of coffee But even so, as you state, a Business Class ticket should also be a qualifier. I've saved the OW Lounge Rules page on my mobile so I can pull it up anytime some Lounge Dragon tries to circumvent the rules. Doesn't happen often, but just in case..
Good idea! Luckily BA Silver card is right behind the corner and this transition from Finnair to BA is partly over and hopefully the lounge mess as well. Just returned from Vancouver so while it's midday here in Helsinki my body says I should be sleeping. Typing flyertalk is always a good alternative
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:16 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
... But even so, as you state, a Business Class ticket should also be a qualifier. I've saved the OW Lounge Rules page on my mobile so I can pull it up anytime some Lounge Dragon tries to circumvent the rules. ...
Well, those pages says lounges operated by a third party may be restricted at some times. I'd assume almost@home would play the third party card if you push.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Well, those pages says lounges operated by a third party may be restricted at some times. I'd assume almost@home would play the third party card if you push.
I'm not even sure that it is a 3rd party lounge. At least not according to the OW site. It says it's a AY/BA lounge. The fact that the staff might be contracted doesn't matter. Also, they state that some lounges might be restricted "at some time", usually during peak hours. This is completely different what was told the OP.. Co-operation has been stopped.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
According to tsator (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21165647-post30.html) almost@home might no longer be an OW lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.