Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Problems with crediting AY flights to AAdvantage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with crediting AY flights to AAdvantage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:46 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Just for balance, this seems to (not-)work the other way too: The miles from my AA flight have not been credited to AY+ in 9 days. Likely I will have to file a claim after 2 full weeks.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum (OWE), HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AX
Made a retroclaim of my T/R HEL - ZRH AY flights and received (again) an e-mail from AA to send them copies of my BP and ticket receipt.

Still no sign of miles from my February AY T/R HEL - JFK either...
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: AY+ Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Guillou
Made a retroclaim of my T/R HEL - ZRH AY flights and received (again) an e-mail from AA to send them copies of my BP and ticket receipt.

Still no sign of miles from my February AY T/R HEL - JFK either...
I did a retroclaim for my Hel-Jfk flight in March and they asked for BP and ticket. Delivered them a couple of weeks ago and no points yet. Intresting thing is that my Jfk-Hel flight one week later did post ok. But no activity on my account after April with Ay flights. They keep piling every week...
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
No issues with crediting to BAEC, but the one AY flight I credited to AAdvantage needed retro-claiming after 3 weeks. Then it credited after 2 more weeks or so.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: AY+ Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by GeeTee77
I did a retroclaim for my Hel-Jfk flight in March and they asked for BP and ticket. Delivered them a couple of weeks ago and no points yet. Intresting thing is that my Jfk-Hel flight one week later did post ok. But no activity on my account after April with Ay flights. They keep piling every week...
Now something has been done as almost all flights after May 16th has been posted. Interestingly one day after I called AY internet support and mentioned this problem the points posted.
Still nothing on the flights I have made claims on..

OT: Ay posted two flights on my AY+ account even if my BP clearly state AA numbers. They promised to look at this too.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Normally it takes 6-7 days to credit.Only once I had problems with posting in autumn last year.My last flights were 30.5 and 3.6 and credited in 11.6 and 12.6 All flights were intra EU.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Today I got miles from AY flight flown on 10/05 which I made retroclaim 2 days ago. Still no miles for flight flown on 04/05 and which I made retroclaim on 19/05. Both on same ticket and PNR.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
First time crediting AY flights to AA and I am having these problems as well. I flew HEL-NRT-HEL on 9.-18.5 and still have not been credited the HEL-NRT leg, but got I got the miles from NRT-HEL leg (operated by AY) two days ago. The flight on 9.5. was operated by JAL, does that make any difference? I'm thinking of waiting another week and to make a retro claim then, if the miles still have not been credited.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by ghenu
First time crediting AY flights to AA and I am having these problems as well. I flew HEL-NRT-HEL on 9.-18.5 and still have not been credited the HEL-NRT leg, but got I got the miles from NRT-HEL leg (operated by AY) two days ago. The flight on 9.5. was operated by JAL, does that make any difference? I'm thinking of waiting another week and to make a retro claim then, if the miles still have not been credited.
It shouldn't, but depending on which flight number you booked under, you might get a lot less miles with a JL#.

How would you compare the two products, btw?
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
It shouldn't, but depending on which flight number you booked under, you might get a lot less miles with a JL#.

How would you compare the two products, btw?
Ok, I thought so too as the flight had AY number. And shouldn't I also get the miles according the Finnair chart because the flight had that number? If it is that way, I'll only look up for flights operated by JAL in the future when flying to Japan. Comparing the two products, I would say JAL was superior in about every aspect, better food, more comfortable seats and so on.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:10 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Comparing the two products, I would say JAL was superior in about every aspect, better food, more comfortable seats and so on.
Business or whY?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Ok, I thought so too as the flight had AY number. And shouldn't I also get the miles according the Finnair chart because the flight had that number? If it is that way, I'll only look up for flights operated by JAL in the future when flying to Japan. Comparing the two products, I would say JAL was superior in about every aspect, better food, more comfortable seats and so on.
OW crediting is according to marketing carrier (=flight number), not operating carrier. You should therefore get a good amount of points.

JAL had some excellent whY fares for sale a few weeks back, but I didn't book because of the low mileage.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
OW crediting is according to marketing carrier (=flight number), not operating carrier.

Oh my sh**! Is this true? How lax I have been if so. Better said, how Eurobonus I have been to think always it is the carrier that determines.

I have been skipping, in vain, several AY-marketed flights (carried by BA/others) just thinking of status miles. Time to do some homework...
Anyhow I don't regret switching to AY, they have improved while SK is sucking deep...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:41 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
This is the big big difference between *A and OW - and to OW's advantage.

It is much more logical to get credited as per marketing carrier, and it is also much more controllable. The fare class you see is the fare class you get. In *A, you can buy a X fare, thinking it will earn, but it turns out that operating carrier sold it as an Y fare, which is just mapped to X on the marketing carrier but earns you zero.

And on AY+, your tier bonus applies too, so a AY-flight op by XX earns exactly full tier and award points.

Now, it doesn't mean it is always easy to find the codeshares. AY has many codeshare agreements, but many times their booking engine prefers to book you on a non-OW airline even thought there is a AY-codeshare on the route. Strange...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Business or whY?
OnlY lowlY whY. Still being a student and without massive stack of points, business long hauls are only distant dreams.

OW crediting is according to marketing carrier (=flight number), not operating carrier. You should therefore get a good amount of points.

JAL had some excellent whY fares for sale a few weeks back, but I didn't book because of the low mileage.
Thank you remymartin for clearing that up. How about the current Finnair offers to Japan from 22.10. onwards, would there be any flights operated by JAL for you? Or were the fares a lot cheaper back then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.