Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Experiencing significant delays and problems receiving Aeroplan Miles from Fairmont

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiencing significant delays and problems receiving Aeroplan Miles from Fairmont

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Elite; FPC Platinum

How long does it normally take for you to receive your Aeroplan Miles rewards from staying in Fairmont properties?

I did stay quite often in Fairmont hotels over the last two years (about 15 stays/40nights) and have had all sorts of problems in getting these miles; in fact they very seldom give the miles unless I send a missing miles request. Even then, they don't always follow up. I even once received an e-mail from their representative stating that the stay in question was not eligible to receive airline miles, to which I responded that I was somewhat surprised since the stay in question was booked with a "Summer Rate with Double Miles”... !!!

I then got a reply and apology stating that they would finally give the miles; however I have yet to receive them 2 months later depsite two follow-up e-mails....

Anybody else experiencing similar difficulties? I think it's a shame because otherwise I think that FPC is the best hotel loyalty programe out there.... My two cents!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
The miles are always posted to my account with an activity date that matches the check-out date, and I've always seen them post within a couple of days. Whenever my stay was during a promotion like double miles, I normally see the regular and the bonus miles credited to my Aeroplan account in separate transaction lines, but they do seem to post at the same time. I've never had any problems. In fact, I find that hotels in general, not just Fairmont, have been very good at posting miles to my account quickly.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Mine don't ever post unless I send a missing miles request, and I'm doing a few nights every two weeks. I usually wait for 4 or 5 stays to have built up, then I send the request and it takes another week or so after that. I've been told by hotel staff that their system has difficulty assigning miles to stays booked through a travel agent - some sort of tech glitch.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Mine don't ever post unless I send a missing miles request, and I'm doing a few nights every two weeks. I usually wait for 4 or 5 stays to have built up, then I send the request and it takes another week or so after that. I've been told by hotel staff that their system has difficulty assigning miles to stays booked through a travel agent - some sort of tech glitch.
Interesting. I've only ever booked directly through Fairmont and not with an agent. Perhaps that's the difference?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Welcome to FT!

I do a semi annual review on the miles Fairmont is supposed to post.. been doing this now since becoming a member 8 years ago..

Hit and miss.. Our latest BSH stay showed up no problem after a week.. But sometimes miles don't post from Fairmont for a couple of months.. and sometimes have to call the loyalty desk and ask for missing miles credit..
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
I've only recently started to stay with Fairmont, and only use fairmont.com, but so far none of my stays have credited yet either. I'm just waiting to get some free time to follow up on it.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 9:09 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.461 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I usually need to follow up to get the miles. But at least the Platinum bonus miles always post with the base miles
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
I have to stand corrected. A bunch of them posted yesterday. The only one that didn't post was a booking in October on the great rates promotion at the start of the month. Considering only that one didn't post I wonder if its because those rates don't qualify?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MtlFire
I have to stand corrected. A bunch of them posted yesterday. The only one that didn't post was a booking in October on the great rates promotion at the start of the month. Considering only that one didn't post I wonder if its because those rates don't qualify?
Indeed, GRGD bookings donīt qualify for earning miles.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
The problem is, how do you know what rates may not apply for Aeroplan miles.

And what about this - is this 7 calendar, or business days?

How Long Does it Take For My
Account to be Credited
All stays will be credited to your account post 7 days of your check out date. If you do not see one of your stays recorded below after 7 days of your check out date please complete a missing stay request.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Tangoer
The problem is, how do you know what rates may not apply for Aeroplan miles.

And what about this - is this 7 calendar, or business days?
Unfortunately most rates donīt earn any miles. See the FAQ Master thread where I listed all the rates that do/donīt earn miles (to the best of my knowledge).

I donīt think it really matters whether itīs 7 days or business days, itīs just a general comment to prevent members from sending in missing miles requests hours after checking out. My advice is: If the miles donīt post within 2 weeks, drop them an e-mail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.