Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iPhone APP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP, Fairmont FPC Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
iPhone APP

Loaded it today. Seems to work well. Shows reservations, stay history, etc. I have not used it yet for new reservations.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Cool.. I was thinking of getting an iPhone yesterday, as my home automation guy told me I can control the features of my home automation system from the iPhone. Is there a Blackberry app out yet?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Pics for iphone app:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=71981049359
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...ay-1308252.htm

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Aug. 23, 2010) - Whether booking business travel on the fly or daydreaming about that next vacation while waiting in line at the grocery store, a new iPhone App from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is any easy way to peruse the brand's stunning collection of landmark properties around the world. Available globally in Apple's iTunes Store and the iPhone App Store, the program will provide access to booking, reservations, hotel information, packages, destination recommendations and more.

"As more people rely on their mobile devices for every day functions, we are committed to providing products that suit their needs. By creating this new way to interact with our properties, we hope to make their stay easier than ever," said Brian Richardson, Vice President Brand Marketing & Communication, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. "Our guests are busier than ever, and this new App provides a quick resource for individual profiles of each of our hotels, complete with room descriptions and restaurant details, which will make booking a stay on the go quick and simple for our guests."

For guests who want to book a room, the new application provides a wealth of information to help users decide exactly where they want to stay. Property slideshows not only pull from Fairmont.com, but also show user-generated photos from EveryonesAnOriginal.com, Fairmont's online community of guests, colleagues, and fans. In addition to having the ability to book, modify and cancel reservations at any time, users can search for packages by theme, with categories such as Celebration, Culture, Discovery, Family, Food & Wine and Golf. So whether guests need to book a business trip to Toronto's Fairmont Royal York, visit the recently re-opened Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, or find a last minute package for a long weekend with the kids at Fairmont Washington, D.C., the new App will have them covered.

Once guests have booked their stay, the Fairmont App offers everything from weather to "10best" destination guides, which direct guests to the best food, activities and shopping the area has to offer. The App will even let users add posts and photos to EveryonesAnOriginal.com in real time. Members of Fairmont President's Club, the brand's complimentary guest recognition program, will have full access to their account, including stay history, future reservations, and the option of updating their personal profile. Non-members who wish to join the program can enroll for free.

The Fairmont App is available to download for free in the iTunes Store, iPhone App Store and http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/fairm...386982247?mt=8.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I heard from my home automation guy that in Europe, there is an iPhone application when you are walking into the house, your cell phone switches to your residential line.. Not introduced yet in North America. Hopefully soon I can control my entire home automation (rhapsody, bell setellite, alarm, infrared night video cameras, fireplaces, sprinklers, climate control ac/heat, etc).. as well as Fairmont, Flyertalk, and latest news.. through an iPhone. It would simplify my life extraordinarily. I type better with a thumb keyboard too.. so hopefully they'll put one of those in soon.. I don't type well with the touch screen.. even though I've got 18 touchscreens in my home controlling my Control4 home automation system.

Just like the induction cooktop, new technology years ago introduced in Europe.. North America is catching up. I looked up reservations Fairmont today on the Blackberry, so I guess there is a built in program recognizing its a Blackberry, and its easy to use.^
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to hijack the thread or anything to talk about the iPhone app . . .

But there's an update today, FYI.

I've got to say, it looks good, nice interface, and useful.

BUT

It's pretty buggy. When I flew to IAD a few weeks ago, it showed my next flight as leaving JFK at the wrong time by three hours. I thought I mis-booked it, but then it later reverted back to the right time.

Now, I used BA miles to book an AA flight. I entered the booking number in my account online. Shows up fine. I choose seats (I need status!). But it won't show up in the iPhone app no matter what I try with refreshes and logouts and updates.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Anyone use Fairmont App?

Just wondering if anyone has ever used the Fairmont App to cancel a res on the day of arrival? I used it a few weeks ago to cancel before the 6pm cut off (actually canceled at 10:43am) but still got charged for a no show at the Royal York. I have the conformation email to prove it so I'm sure once I call the Royal York the charge will be removed. Was just wondering if this is a known issue?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I dont use the IPhone app, in fact Ill probably be the last person without an IPhone.

However, its a well-known fact the Fairmont IT system is crap. The website is terrible, so I wouldnt be surprised if the apps and particularly the links between the apps and the back system dont work great.

The good thing about Fairmont is that issues like yours usually get resolved pretty quickly when you provide proof youre right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.