Wiki Posts
Search

PC Plat - early check in/late check out

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Presidents Club, SPG, Mariott,Continental, Westjet
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Originally Posted by annesdaughter
Currently staying at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, and have platinum benefits. We booked two rooms through the platinum reservation line, and at time of booking we were given a 10 am check-in time and 6 pm late check out. Arrived around noon; rooms weren't ready. FPC desk offered to hold our luggage until they were ready, so we headed out to Robson for some lunch and shopping. Rooms were ready at 1:45 pm.

FPC desk did give us a discount coupon for hotel dining to make up for the inconvenience (15% off excluding in-room dining) and said that we could use it for the special Nutcracker afternoon tea we had reserved for later in the day. However, staff at the tea refused to apply the 15% dining discount, saying that it couldn't be used in conjunction with the 25% discount we received for booking the tea prior to Nov. 30th (advertised online). So rooms were about 3.5 hours late for us, and sadly we weren't able to apply the discount offered - unless we do more hotel dining, which we haven't planned as we already have breakfast included.

Hopefully the desired late check out will go as planned!
I would speak to a manager at the hotel and explain the situation and see what they can do for you on checkout..

This discount coupon, was it posted to your file electronically?..
No - don't think so. The one for early booking the tea wasn't applied to the original bill and we had to remind them of it, so it doesn't look like that one was; and the other general dining discount was just a business size card we were given by FPC staff at check in. When we had breakfast this morning and added something on to our continental breakfast, they charged us for it.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
No - don't think so. The one for early booking the tea wasn't applied to the original bill and we had to remind them of it, so it doesn't look like that one was; and the other general dining discount was just a business size card we were given by FPC staff at check in. When we had breakfast this morning and added something on to our continental breakfast, they charged us for it.
Ok.. It sounded like you dealt with FPC platinum concierge for the 15% off dining cert, but really you received this from the FPC representatives onsite at the hotel..

Normal course to have extra items ordered charged that is not part of the continental.. This has happened to me numerous times at various Fairmonts..

If the hotel says that you can apply your general dining cert discount on afternoon tea, and you've already booked the tea.. then I would bring this issue out at checkout.. Its pretty cut and dry the hotel should be offering you the additional 15% discount for the inconvenience of not receiving your rooms early guaranteed.. and the coupon was given to you and communicated to you that the discount applies to the tea that you've already booked (unless on the discount card, it explicitly states not to be combined with any other offers), but even then you would have a strong argument for the hotel to honor the discount.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:20 am

An update since we left the hotel. As I noted in my original post, to take advantage of our plat benefit of early check in and late check out, reservation staff had said we could have 10 am check in, which ended up being 1:45 pm; and a late check out of 6 pm. We had two rooms and they gave us a 5 pm check out in one room and 6 pm in the other, which worked out fine for us. As for the discounts on the special Nutcracker tea (early booking discount of 25% plus 15% food and beverage discount given to us by the President Club check in staff to make up for the inconvenience of the late check in), everything was happily resolved on check out. Excellent front desk manager applied both discounts for us
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:29 pm

Some recent experiences of mine, both good ones:
-I had a F&F reservation at the Chateau Whistler last weekend. About a week prior to my stay I received the standard welcome email from the hotel's FPC desk and I replied advising I'd be arriving at 8am on the Friday morning and requested early check-in if possible. They replied saying they couldn't guarantee it but would try their best, and sure enough when I arrived my room was ready and waiting. On Saturday evening I stopped by the front desk and asked if I could get a 4pm checkout on Sunday so that I could shower after skiing before the drive back to Vancouver, and this was no problem either.

-I also asked for a received a 3pm late check-out at the Waterfront in Vancouver later in the week.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
An update since we left the hotel. As I noted in my original post, to take advantage of our plat benefit of early check in and late check out, reservation staff had said we could have 10 am check in, which ended up being 1:45 pm; and a late check out of 6 pm. We had two rooms and they gave us a 5 pm check out in one room and 6 pm in the other, which worked out fine for us. As for the discounts on the special Nutcracker tea (early booking discount of 25% plus 15% food and beverage discount given to us by the President Club check in staff to make up for the inconvenience of the late check in), everything was happily resolved on check out. Excellent front desk manager applied both discounts for us
Excellent that this worked out.. Fairmont has always been consistent if they say they are going to do something, they will.. there may be confusion, but eventually its worked out..
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: Accor Plat, SPG Gold, MR Silver, BA Gold, DL Silver, Amex Plat (IDC)
Hi,

i was at Frontenac last week, and i was told the late checkout was 5pm. (i asked until 3 only) but 5 was not an issue at all.

I forget to ask about the early check in.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by alelex
Hi,

i was at Frontenac last week, and i was told the late checkout was 5pm. (i asked until 3 only) but 5 was not an issue at all.

I forget to ask about the early check in.
That sounds consistent with what we were told at the Hotel Vancouver, that 5pm is their standard late check out time.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 12:52 am
Suspended

On the topic of this thread.. I cut a 2 night stay back to a 1 night stay last weekend at the Mac..

When calling down to the front desk, the clerk said it was too late to checkout as it was after 12 noon, but because we were plat and had guaranteed late checkout, we were able to checkout after one night..

We would have stayed if we would have received guaranteed reservations for Sunday's Empire Brunch.. We would have driven back from out of town from the family's Christmas party.. but didn't work out..
Old Dec 28, 2011, 9:58 am

I once got refused "Guaranteed" late checkout at YVR. They didn't even offer to extend for 30 minutes and I talked with 3 staff members. I called plat concierge and they did a great job sorting it out bc I think I ended up staying in the room till 5pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.