Search

Inside Flyer Magazine to stop publishing [relaunches online Q4/2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by InsideFlyer UK
Life very good here at Insideflyer UK. Obviously it remains early days, but we're grateful for any UK eyeballs that come our way, which seems to increasingly be the case...

We're certainly working hard to add quality content to the site, rather than pad it with filler and credit card "reviews", and I'm increasingly confident that our range of contributors gives the reader a genuinely helpful UK-focused resource. That said, if you have any constructive feedback, feel free to come along and provide it.
Well, you would need an FCA Consumer Credit Licence in order to run credit card reviews
Old Apr 14, 2016, 12:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
At the moment hospitalized with i think with the worst internet coverage. It isn't F-travel, privacy, caviar, upgrades, thougtleadering or starwood but the nurses are helpfull, the doctor capable, food nutricious and others in the ward (although impaired) are very polite. This puts it all in perspective.

So in core insideflyer.nl:
Erase any english on the site unless it is a term widely used/name/procedure
Native Dutch for specific Netherlands news
Native Flemish for specific Belgian news
Any news/article/review should state cleary if the article is written by comps, status entitlements, pure hard cash value, redemption or somebodies mistress in the shamyleather undergarments
Spellingcheck: especially if a website would like to reach public "gesprek van de dag" it needs to have a journalistic approach in sentence composure
Facts: pro/con of miles buying / foreign involvement / tax impications
A rational perspective how would "jan modaal" handle this (HBO-fares/pay seat selection/IRROPS)
Henk en Ingrid are using insideflyer: layerd structure from main subject to special interests
Hotdeals! - departing from AMS / BRU airports only, no i don't have any time to get that hotdeal from Colombo/Rangoon/Oezbekistan and backtrack
Short term / long term implications of FFP, (miles/rev/minumum spend etc.)
No shame (YES to Ybooking/rewards, holliday inn, frequentflyers also fly LCC
We Dutch love our dogs: hotel/airlines or individual stays that welcome dogs and go futher
Major gripe of Dutch in travel/hotel: an amusing Local view on all international
An expat amzmints: foreign travellers view using dutch hotels / travel services
Local reach and appeal "weekendje weg": review boutique / local chains / hotels in every Dutch city (pay by points or earn points)
Funnyfacts and routes: what airport quirks / airlines / survivability / coffemachine at AMS RTM DHR EIN GRQ MST
Kingdom of the Netherlands and former overseas: let's look at hotels/ miles earn/burn options for Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Sint Eustasius, Saba, Indonesia, Suriname (appeals for those with colonial roots
For our modern nieuwe nederlanders, veelvlieger to Marocco and Turkey:what airlines/lcc/FFP/luggage allowance are of benefit
Reviews in standard format and facts: which bathroom amenities? Window open possible? Minibar price list? How much added tax? Restaurants / club opening times? Nearest supermarkt(Dutch love to selfcater!)
Delight Donderdag: which airline, groundstaff, FFP, hotel meant a true gesture of hospitality
Vreselijk vrijdag: what airline/hotel/service/practice should be reported to consumentbond for dishonesty, unlawfull, regard of any human respect
Honesty for whom are target/promotions/FFP are reachable (stays/nights/location/spend/patern/profiling/contacts)
KLM, a captive Dutch audience, does the bloated price ex-AMS offset stroopkoekjes, broodje kroket, a laugh of a Y-second meal, keuringsdienst van waarde worthy investigation of crown lounge kots and hiking prices voor checkin luggage etc. could make a nice timelapse ongoing review series

Just a small sample, i could go endless but my sexy FA with long sexy leggs and a bottle of Krug is waiting to serve me, alas it is an elderly matrone with a kind understanding face and a syringe. Will be hopefully back in a month or so!

And no i am not paying my hospital bill with a chase freedom card which rewards x4 points on foreignexpenses, so don't act now

PS: normally i heft heavy fees on my consultancy critism work but also don't be proud and refer to FT where credit is due

PS2: i urge to use some specific Dutch terms that is familiair to a native, this shows you that greater standardized conglomo formats need to be put in a local scope: gezellig, met een glimlach en traan, stof tot nadenken, mogelijkheid borrelen met bittergarnituur, verbijsterend, de opstekker van de maand, lekker boeie (spreektaal) --- Flemish persons may opt their own local language flavour ofcourse.

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 14, 2016 at 2:44 am
Old May 18, 2016, 5:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It seems IF.de had a blogger purge/exodus last weekend:

Vorschläge für das Forum?

Ich bin seit Samstag nicht mehr Teil von InsideFlyer.de, weil ich mich - im Übrigen wie zahlreiche andere Blogger auch - nicht auf eine weitere Zusammenarbeit einigen konnte. Die Zeiten, in denen ich versuche hier die Kohlen aus dem Feuer zu holen und zumindest ein wenig das Forum zu retten, sind hiermit beendet. Genauso übrigens wie meine tägliche Qualitätskontrolle eines jeden Artikels. Ich werde mich im Laufe der Woche nochmal im "Die Blogger stellen sich vor"-Thread zu meinem Abschied äußern.

Steffen wird Euch allerdings weiterhin mit Content versorgen. Wer ansonsten zukünftig für InsideFlyer schreibt oder sich um das Forum kümmert, kann ich leider nicht sagen. Ich hoffe nur, dass sich jemand findet, der das Projekt retten kann.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:36 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Hi active FT members,

since you are all here and this is a busy forum on Flyertalk, how about you visit this thread and please do you've any comments on: "What's the future of InsightFlyer"...thanks.

Please see:

https://insideflyer.com/forums/threa...eflyer.137839/

Cheers & Safe Travels.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:35 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by uggboy
Hi active FT members,

since you are all here and this is a busy forum on Flyertalk, how about you visit this thread and please do you've any comments on: "What's the future of InsightFlyer"...thanks.

Please see:

Cheers & Safe Travels.
I think it's all been said: the place was mismanaged then thoughtlessly re-branded and now it's an afterthought.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:55 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by kokonutz
I think it's all been said: the place was mismanaged then thoughtlessly re-branded and now it's an afterthought.
Is this where we place the "futures bets" on the success or failure going forward?

Some live in the past, some live in the future. Prior failures do not predict future failures. Of course, anything can and will happen.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by uggboy
Hi active FT members,

Please see:

Cheers & Safe Travels.
Meh, I'm done giving feedback to forum websites after the recent FT member feedback exercise

Besides with IF it's the same as it always has been - little content, and no critical mass of members creating it because they're already on FT or elsewhere...at least with the US "version" of IF. Putting a new name on the sign out front doesn't change that.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Meh, I'm done giving feedback to forum websites after the recent FT member feedback exercise
Please expand. Sort of curious. I did not have time to follow.....
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Is this where we place the "futures bets" on the success or failure going forward?
Sure! Go for it!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by kokonutz
Sure! Go for it!
In all my years around FlyerTalk I have yet to find anyone to accept a wager. I start at €1000. I'm negotiable on parameters, but they must be agreed upon in advance, including payment method.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

In all my years around FlyerTalk I have yet to find anyone to accept a wager. I start at €1000. I'm negotiable on parameters, but they must be agreed upon in advance, including payment method.
Huh?

I thought you wanted to place a wager on the future success if InsideFlyer (the IBB), not solicit one.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Please expand. Sort of curious. I did not have time to follow.....
I can't really say in detail without violating FT T&Cs but there were a couple of common themes which IB then ignored completely in the follow-up. But if you read through the "If I Ran FT..." thread in the Community forum and then the follow-up poll thread, you'll get the idea.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Is it just me or is insideflyer.com not allowing you to login? Site works fine without login...?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:47 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Is it just me or is insideflyer.com not allowing you to login? Site works fine without login...?
InsideFlyer has had some technical issues lately with which the staff has been attempting to figure out exactly what is causing them and how to proper correct them.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:52 am

And its working again:

Originally Posted by Denny @IF
We believe we've finally resolved the issue Friday afternoon that happened if you were logged into the Forums. We've been testing it all weekend and see the speed of the site at a massive speed increase too.

Truly sorry it's taken us this long to figure out the issue. We've upgraded servers, removed add-ons, hired outside consultants and streamlined parts over the past month or so with little benefit. The fix was unrelated to all those things and hidden deep inside the code.

If anyone is still experiencing issues, please feel free to PM me as we are confident the issue has been fixed after our testing this weekend.
The only really active thread has moved to whatsapp in the meantime...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.