Delta Points
TheMrPickles
Print Wikipost

Bloggers taking comps

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Shoot, he should really just have Starwood and Amex sponsor every one of his stays ...
How would that impact his Chase relationship? Remember that he did a huge promo with them last year.

I attended an event last Monday hosted by Delta and one on Tuesday hosted by Gogo. Lots of cool stuff to see and explore like being outside atop the ATL Terminal A control tower or in the basement with the baggage handling. Also got to chat with Jeff Robertson and Richard Anderson. Very interesting day, indeed.

Last edited by sbm12; Jun 19, 2014 at 8:57 pm
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:57 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You can add The Points Guy to the list:

http://youtu.be/rHaLCmrS7r8

I had the opportunity to team up with SPG and American Express to film a video around Miami with TPG canine mascot Miles about why I love the city and also some tips on Maximizing your SPG points- check it out here:

Shoot, he should really just have Starwood and Amex sponsor every one of his stays that he reviews knowing that his photo editing skills is limited to Instagram filters and blurry iPhone photos: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...rite-offs.html I don't think I can recall any recent negative reviews he's posted of a Starwood property?
As my wife put it as she looked at that video over my shoulder just now: "That is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen in my life."

Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
As my wife put it as she looked at that video over my shoulder just now: "That is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen in my life."

Just going to pull some of my favorite quotes:

"Now this is a million-Starpoint view!"

"This massage is heaven and it hasn't even started, so I'll see you on the flip-side"
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
I loved this portion right here...

LOL enough editing so you know it's a SPG card.
Also at the end where it features one of the actors for "the promotion"... I mean, the shop owner.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

targeting people with lots of awards - is the award worth it (vs comparables)

not doing paid premium air/hotel - seems to fit with professional travel writers (not upscale travel bloggers) where they do not think premium air/hotel is worth paying their own money for
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:49 pm

Extra Pack of Peanuts:
A Jewel In Montmartre- The Best Place to Stay in Paris

"My accommodations in Paris were complimentary, courtesy of GowithOh. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are my own."

He states that his accommodations were complimentary, but I am wondering if he was paid for this as well as he uses professional photos from GowithOh.

"And most importantly, it comes with a price tag that won’t bust your budget (a rarity in Paris).

We’ve stayed in four different places in Paris over the last two months, including the $1,000/night Park Hyatt Vendome and the $400+/night Hilton Opera and this was by far our favorite."

There are no available dates for this particular flat, but the website lists the price as "from $62". Even it were $200 a night he is suggesting that this beats out a $400 and $1000 a night hotel. Seems the website is a Airbnb knockoff. IMO this review is overly biased.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.