Wiki Posts
Search

LHR to ORD..best F product

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
LHR to ORD..best F product

I have to do a BOS>LHR and LRH to ORD trip later in the month. I'm Delta Platinum, flying in F, and prefer to stay Delta. The BOS to LHR is an easy choice, done that a half dozen times last year on DL.

However, I need to fly a redeye back from LHR to ORD, preferably direct, so that I can finish a day of meetings in LHR, then be in ORD the next morning for another meeting. Which means no DL or Skyteam

So, I am at a loss for which TATL provider I should fly. Prefer flatbeds, and want to prioritize ability to sleep over service/food.

Please, Oneworld Alliance folks and others...teach me.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I can only comment on Star Alliance, UA is obviously the *A choice LHR-ORD. I (and I think many others) really like UA's flat-bed business class seats.

They just introduced the re-branded Polaris business class. New seats are going in slowly, so you'll likely still have the current seats. But the food and service should be the new Polaris offer, which I haven't tried yet as it was just rolled out in December. You can read more in the United forum or on the United website.

The old seats mean there won't be 100% aisle access, that's one of the negatives for UA if that matters to you.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
There are no redeyes ex-LHR to ORD.

This is due to time zones meaning you gain time over the course of the 8 or so hour flight westbound.

One option is to take the LHR-JFK flight at 2005 on VS, it arrives about 11:15pm and overnight in NYC, taking the first flight out of LGA or JFK the next morning.

VS is DL affiliated.

Otherwise your latest nonstop leaves 1545 on BA.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Are you looking for intercontinental F or J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.