Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amsterdam - Hyatt vs. Marriott Locations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Amsterdam - Hyatt vs. Marriott Locations

It will be my first visit there and will be there for 3 days (mid April). SO and I prefer the busy/touristy part of the city that has plenty to do. In terms of location, where do most people prefer to stay at? Any suggestions is much appreciated. TIA.

Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht:
Prinsengracht 587
1016 HT Amsterdam
Netherlands

Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel:
Kattengat 1
1012 SZ Amsterdam
Netherlands
Old Feb 17, 2014, 1:23 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Well, the Andaz is right in the western canal belt, by the 9 Straatjes and Jordaan, handy for the Westerkerk, Anne-Frank-Huis, not far from the Noordermarkt, etc, etc. Lovely area - laid back with plenty little cafs and restaurants to eat at.

The Renaissance is right in the tourist heart of the city, near the station. Turn right, and you're on the canal belt, turn left and you'll hit coffeeshops and red lights pretty quickly on Spuistraat. The area's slightly grungier, but there's no denying how convenient it is.

I used to stay at the Renaissance sometimes on trips there, and never particularly got on with it. I found it quite staid and dated, but pleasant and clean enough. It may have been refurbished since - I couldn't tell you.

Personally, I'd go for the Andaz. It's a small city.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
I stayed at the Renaissance a few weeks ago and really liked it. The location is fantastic. I really liked the lounge area they have inside (they have all sorts of games that you can play and they serve snacks and drinks). I'm not talking about the lounge itself on the first floor, but the lounge area that leads to the Scosa restaurant and the B2 bar.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for everyone's input!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.