Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Hate to be a downer with the good news today, but no car service to the plane still makes a long, long not-so-premium hike to the gate from the far from many gates FCL. After all this time, they apparently forgot or failed to understand one of the best features of LH and AF First Class service, the limo transfer to the plane?? OK, neither EK or QR do it, but if you are trying to one up the local competition, major fail here.
I had the same thought when I read about the features of the new F lounge.
Disappointing, but honestly I didn't expect EY to provide transfer service to gates/planes...they are just not LH or AF.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tiburon1K
Past 2 hours, 6-7 folks and it is 8 PM Abu Dhabi time. re: "Surely they would have more than 50-60 Etihad Guest Platinum members (plus guests!) flying every night", what I was told is peak is 50-60 folks.
So they expect a maximum of up to 50-60 people at any one time?

That sounds far more believable.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Can someone take a photo of the 5-course tasting menu at the a la carte restaurant in the lounge?
Will do
Old May 30, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
So they expect a maximum of up to 50-60 people at any one time?

That sounds far more believable.
re: "So they expect a maximum of up to 50-60 people at any one time?", yes per Sajida Ismail, Etihad.

Better review would be in few weeks as there are far more ~senior management in the lounge today.

Nevertheless, great start and >>> current Premium Lounge
Old May 30, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
I'm in the lounge now. It is extremely nice. Groundbreaking? No. Very elegant and refined? Absolutely.

And yes, there is Paradis. . Sound the alarm!! It will be my post-dinner drink.

I arrived and was offered a tour. Everyone is very proud of it. I immediately got a shave (it counted as my one freebie) and then sat down for dinner.

I ordered the Emirates Palace tasting menu, which is a date amuse bouche, chicken and barley soup, scallops, Lamb and a dessert. They say 5 courses; the way I count, it's really three.

The head waiter (maybe sommelier?) came by, and I asked for him to do some wine pairings. I started with a rose champagne, and am now at a lovely Washington State Riesling. Next will be a Shiraz.

Hopefully, I make it through customs ok.

How this took over a year, I don't know. But it is very elegant and understated.

My only real gripe? The design aesthetic favors chairs with low or no arms. If you're tall, it's a pain.

Glad to be passing through on day 1!

Last edited by thechosenuno; May 30, 2016 at 3:03 pm
Old May 30, 2016, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by thechosenuno
I'm in the lounge now. It is extremely nice. Groundbreaking? No. Very elegant and refined? Absolutely.

And yes, there is Paradis. . Sound the alarm!! It will be my post-dinner drink.

I arrived and was offered a tour. Everyone is very proud of it. I immediately got a shave (it counted as my one freebie) and then sat down for dinner.

I ordered the Emirates Palace tasting menu, which is a date amuse bouche, chicken and barley soup, scallops, Lamb and a dessert. They say 5 courses; the way I count, it's really three.

The head waiter (maybe sommelier?) came by, and I asked for him to do some wine pairings. I started with a rose champagne, and am now at a lovely Washington State Riesling. Next will be a Shiraz.

Hopefully, I make it through customs ok.

How this took over a year, I don't know. But it is very elegant and understated.

My only real gripe? The design aesthetic favors chairs with low or no arms. If you're tall, it's a pain.

Glad to be passing through on day 1!
How are the proteins cooked? Hopefully not overcooked like in the Al-Safwa lounge.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I've never through AUH. I'm flying BOM-AUH-JFK. Will there be time to visit the First Class lounge?
Old May 30, 2016, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Hate to be a downer with the good news today, but no car service to the plane still makes a long, long not-so-premium hike to the gate from the far from many gates FCL. After all this time, they apparently forgot or failed to understand one of the best features of LH and AF First Class service, the limo transfer to the plane?? OK, neither EK or QR do it, but if you are trying to one up the local competition, major fail here.
Point well taken. On the other hand, US pre-c;earance might have something to do with it. Also, EK does not have limo service, but you can board directly from the lounge for most flights.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
I've never through AUH. I'm flying BOM-AUH-JFK. Will there be time to visit the First Class lounge?
Check your flight times and then decide.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:59 am

Does anyone know whether one would get access as AB Platinum flying AB Y on an AB flight number? This did work for other EY Lounges in the past.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:22 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I wonder if those of you that have seen the new lounge would like to agree or disagree with the following:

Shane O’Hare, Etihad Airways’ senior vice president marketing, said: “We are reimagining service and hospitality. Whilst this physical environment is truly remarkable, we have placed special emphasis on creating an aspirational luxury lifestyle space in line with our legendary inflight service offering. The result is the finest airline lounge and spa experience in the world.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
How are the proteins cooked? Hopefully not overcooked like in the Al-Safwa lounge.
The scallops were perfect, and the lamb was amazingly tender and juicy. I had just spent 10 days traveling around the Middle East, which seems to be the home of over-cooked lamb.

The tasting course was restaurant quality.

When I boarded, I passed on eating anything on the plane. Breakfast in a little bit, that's a different story.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wisenberger
Does anyone know whether one would get access as AB Platinum flying AB Y on an AB flight number? This did work for other EY Lounges in the past.
On the assumption that topbonus Platinum, being the top-most status level, should be considered an "EAP equivalent Platinum" status (EAP = Etihad Airways Partners, of which AB is one), then yes, you should have access.

Originally Posted by Etihad Airways press release
Measuring just under 1,700 mē, and boasting expansive views of the airport, the new facility is open round-the-clock for the exclusive use of guests of The Residence, Etihad First Class, Etihad Guest Exclusive, Etihad Guest Platinum members (plus one guest), Etihad Airways Partner (EAP) airline First Class guests, EAP ‘Invitation only’ members (plus two guests) and EAP equivalent Platinum members (plus one guest).
Please report back.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
On the assumption that topbonus Platinum, being the top-most status level, should be considered an "EAP equivalent Platinum" status (EAP = Etihad Airways Partners, of which AB is one), then yes, you should have access.

Please report back.
I agree to you concerning the EAP Platinum status - that seems to be a safe bet. But I am not so sure about the airline, even if AB is part of EAP, as it is not mentioned anywhere.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Oh my giddy aunt it is finally open.

Was that 20 months ?

It is so typical that I am on a flight embargo until my wife has our baby in July.

She's so selfish I swear !!

Will see it in August, will plan in a six hour layover !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.