Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feel totally let down and disappointed by Etihad!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feel totally let down and disappointed by Etihad!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Oh yes, I see what you mean Smiley.....I guess my post was a tad confusing.

Sorry to disappoint !
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
The problem here is OP went about it the wrong way; the agents on the phone can't promise something like this. Just show up and ask and the lounge agents might oblige.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
OP, what is the name of your band?

Originally Posted by subject2load
When the tour is finished, does the OP then happily bid farewell to his acquaintance whilst staying to enjoy the comforts on offer ....?
That sounds about right...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:20 pm

First off, the people who commented on tours not being offered are wrong. Are you telling me that tours are never offered? So, if some sheikh wanted to just check it out, they would say no? Or Lucky or TPG or whoever?

A lot of these things nowadays require employees to do something for you that might not exactly be within the rules, and the trick is how you convince them. Look at all the passengers that get into the cockpit (and sometimes pilots get in trouble). I'm pretty sure that is harder to do than to get a lounge tour.

OP, you have to make sure the person you ask has the authority/power to do that. And then you have to somehow convince them. And it doesn't always need to be because you are a somebody (like in Catch Me if You Can)
Old Aug 4, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
I like how bad this thread is that even EtihadHelp haven't bothered with this thread despite the number of replies :P
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I will try to summarize the useful information and add some more possible ideas:
- upgrade your friend with miles
- buy an instant upgrade at the airport
- contact ey social media on Facebook ( sometimes they help)
- post in the lounge meet up threat if someone will host your friend
- ask at the lounge entrance if they might give you a tour. I am sure they will.
- any chance you will be gold on the return flight? Doesn't J give you double tier miles?
You forgot one:
- telling the lounge dragon you need to enter, because your hand is bleeding and you need lotion.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by s0ssos
First off, the people who commented on tours not being offered are wrong. Are you telling me that tours are never offered?
No - no-one ever said that. Read the thread again to satisfy yourself.

But that makes it no more likely that every request of "Can I show my friend quickly around the lounge?" will be met with a positive reply.

(Have you seen how busy the AUH premium lounges get, particularly prior to a bank of departures?)

Last edited by irishguy28; Aug 5, 2015 at 2:34 am
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by leadsinger71
Thank you for all your comments but it seems that too many people on here get self gratification from being insulting rather than constructive. Also jumping to conclusions and forming opinion as fact, rather than actually digesting what I have said.

I'll leave this now as it seems that most are quite personal and that's not why I brought this up.

Due to this I think this forum is no longer for me, sarcasm and persecution is something I am not very fond of, its quite damaging to the soul, so I'll leave it that, but peace to all and thank you for comments either way.
Hahaha. Oh come on....lighten up! I don't think you can expect anymore or any less from EY. They have not committed a crime here. Simply following standard terms and conditions. As I said, if you take grave offence at what they have done this time I'm sure you'll be back with them again when you get p*9ssed with the next carrier. I think most of the comments have been perfectly constructive.

Given I jumped to this post from the headline page I thought EY had done something really bad. But now I've wasted my time with this pointless gripe.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
The problem here is OP went about it the wrong way; the agents on the phone can't promise something like this. Just show up and ask and the lounge agents might oblige.
EXACTLY!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.