Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Where are my missing 1st class miles, and my missing gold/platinum card?

Old Jul 25, 2015, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Back on 19/3 Etihad acknowledged I should have a new guest card issued, result Ziltch.
Back on 20/3 Etihad acknowledged I should have a Silver card issued, result Ziltch.
Back on 3/6 Etihad acknowledged I should have a Gold card issued, result Ziltch.?
And yes of course I have tripled checked that they have all contact details up to date, and I have email records. I was 'signed up' for the quadruple miles offer.

I flew 1st class SYD-LHR, whilst my sector SYD - AUH was credited with quadruple miles, my sector AUH - LHR, has not even been acknowledged , despite over 4 weeks of asking. Please could Etihad Guest get their act together. Its all very well to crow about the Residence, but the basics need t be fixed. If Etihad continue to ignore their customer service standards, for 'smple first class passengers,' what message does it send?
A very disappointed grannie

And as a rider, do not want a response from Etihad Guest, because they need to know I have tried it, and it was useless.

With best wishes

Rob and Janet Stewart
Old Jul 25, 2015, 8:10 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Grannie, can you please private message your details so we can look into this for you and deal with the correct department. Thank you. *HE

Originally Posted by grannieflyer
Back on 19/3 Etihad acknowledged I should have a new guest card issued, result Ziltch.
Back on 20/3 Etihad acknowledged I should have a Silver card issued, result Ziltch.
Back on 3/6 Etihad acknowledged I should have a Gold card issued, result Ziltch.?
And yes of course I have tripled checked that they have all contact details up to date, and I have email records. I was 'signed up' for the quadruple miles offer.

I flew 1st class SYD-LHR, whilst my sector SYD - AUH was credited with quadruple miles, my sector AUH - LHR, has not even been acknowledged , despite over 4 weeks of asking. Please could Etihad Guest get their act together. Its all very well to crow about the Residence, but the basics need t be fixed. If Etihad continue to ignore their customer service standards, for 'smple first class passengers,' what message does it send?
A very disappointed grannie

And as a rider, do not want a response from Etihad Guest, because they need to know I have tried it, and it was useless.

With best wishes

Rob and Janet Stewart
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi Grannie, can you please private message your details so we can look into this for you and deal with the correct department. Thank you. *HE
Just to keep ff posters up to date, have pm'd EtihadHelp as requested, informed them that I would update ff with outcome, so suppose 'watch this space', but something tells me not to 'hold my breath'.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Do not hold your breath was correct!

Just to keep ff posters up to date, have pm'd EtihadHelp as requested, informed them that I would update ff with outcome, so suppose 'watch this space', but something tells me not to 'hold my breath'.
Yesterday recieved the strangest email, 'congratulations, you got quadruple miles for your Syd-Auh flight, we are delighted to confirm' (knew that already of course as they were already posted on my account). Etihad have now credited my miles for the Auh/Lhr flight, giving me miles for Economy! Etihad also stated that they had to check my quadruple miles, despite the fact that I had a full First class ticket from Aus - Lhr!

I apologise if you all think I am bonkers, but know its not me. Of course have not got my card either, and if I click on the link 'print my card, its just showing a basic card, not gold of course.

Heigh ho
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:02 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Yesterday recieved the strangest email, 'congratulations, you got quadruple miles for your Syd-Auh flight, we are delighted to confirm' (knew that already of course as they were already posted on my account). Etihad have now credited my miles for the Auh/Lhr flight, giving me miles for Economy! Etihad also stated that they had to check my quadruple miles, despite the fact that I had a full First class ticket from Aus - Lhr!

I apologise if you all think I am bonkers, but know its not me. Of course have not got my card either, and if I click on the link 'print my card, its just showing a basic card, not gold of course.

Heigh ho
Dear grannieflyer,

Could you please provide us your Etihad Guest Card number so we can request it from our team.

Thank you. *JS
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:22 am

Thumbs down

I apologise if you all think I am bonkers, but know its not me.
Grannie, you are not bonkers. This is unfortunately "par for the course". I had the opportunity to do an interesting experiment just over a week ago: I claimed - virtually at the same time:
1) Missing miles with KL/AF Flying Blue for two flights with Saudia;
2) Missing miles with EY for 1 EY flight and 1 AB flight;
3) A missing stay with Marriott.

Flying Blue on-line submission worked flawlessly and miles credited within 48 hours.

Etihad Guest... on-line submission proved technically impossible (it always makes me wonder: why put up a facade of web functionality, if it does not actually work???); emailed the documents; still waiting for a response / action.

Marriott on-line submission worked, but no response so far.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear grannieflyer,

Could you please provide us your Etihad Guest Card number so we can request it from our team.

Thank you. *JS
I find this strange. Someone in the EtihadHelp team has already dealt with the OP's complaint; and gave the OP some sort of miles in to their account.

Yet, now, there is a request for the OP"s Guest Card number??
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
I find this strange. Someone in the EtihadHelp team has already dealt with the OP's complaint; and gave the OP some sort of miles in to their account.

Yet, now, there is a request for the OP"s Guest Card number??
Quite!! So glad that FT members think I am not totally bonkers! I rather pride myself that I work hard to keep my 'little grey cells working'. Something Mr [redacted], Service Coordinator, Etihad Guest appears not to be doing, despite the fact that I am prepared to bet that he is at least 30yrs younger than me. Sorry to start mentioning names but I consider the time has come to start 'naming and shaming'.

So yes, I am about to pm Etihad help with my Etihad Guest number yet again. Watch this space.......

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 31, 2015 at 2:13 am Reason: no names of frontline employees, FT rules apply.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: QF Silver
Quite!! So glad that FT members think I am not totally bonkers! I rather pride myself that I work hard to keep my 'little grey cells working'. Something Mr [redacted], Service Coordinator, Etihad Guest appears not to be doing, despite the fact that I am prepared to bet that he is at least 30yrs younger than me. Sorry to start mentioning names but I consider the time has come to start 'naming and shaming'.

So yes, I am about to pm Etihad help with my Etihad Guest number yet again. Watch this space.......
Mate, it's not you. The cheek of asking you again details when they you were in contact with them just a few days ago on the same issue: incapable is the only word to sum it up. Pretty embarrassing PR. Total lack of ownership and handholding an issue until resolution.

I'm doing my last trip with Etihad in three weeks time. SIN-FRA-BNE in J. I'll certainly miss the business studios AUH-BNE but it's just not worth the hassle once the doors are open again. *looks at SQ and says sorry I ever left you*

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 31, 2015 at 2:13 am Reason: redacted quoted post
Old Jul 31, 2015, 2:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sorry to start mentioning names but I consider the time has come to start 'naming and shaming'.
I'm afraid thats a no go on flyertalk.
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#privacy
Respect the privacy of other members and non-members. Do not post private information of others. Do not post the names or contact information of travel company and program employees unless they hold executive management status (e.g. presidents, vice-presidents, managing directors).
Any such posts will be edited or completely deleted

Regards Oliver2002

Senior Mod
Old Jul 31, 2015, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Abject apologies

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm afraid thats a no go on flyertalk.
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#privacy

Any such posts will be edited or completely deleted

Regards Oliver2002

Senior Mod
Never intended to break forum rules/code of ethics. Promise to never do so again. It was extreme frustration that led me down that incorrect path. Just to let folks know, have had no response since my last post, oh, sorry, Etihad re-sent their last email crediting me with economy miles for my AUH/LHR sector and no mention of my quadruple miles.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Prepare for more of this. It took nearly 6 months for 5 of us to get credited with an AA F transcon. A partner issue, so different, but the reality is that if miles dont automatically credit, whether a partner or EY, they are completely incompetent at fixing... And it's ground hog day, the same responses over and over...

Never intended to break forum rules/code of ethics. Promise to never do so again. It was extreme frustration that led me down that incorrect path. Just to let folks know, have had no response since my last post, oh, sorry, Etihad re-sent their last email crediting me with economy miles for my AUH/LHR sector and no mention of my quadruple miles.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:41 am
Original Poster

An Update on my miles credited and my 'Elusive Gold Card'

Originally Posted by stephem
Prepare for more of this. It took nearly 6 months for 5 of us to get credited with an AA F transcon. A partner issue, so different, but the reality is that if miles dont automatically credit, whether a partner or EY, they are completely incompetent at fixing... And it's ground hog day, the same responses over and over...
Have just flown back seat 4K all the way, Etihad have 100% been brilliant in air, and on ground, they could not have done more (flight was 1.5 hrs late leaving LHR, and I did not miss my connecting flight). Am writing this so folks realise I am not trying to 'down' Etihad because of my missing miles, credit due for a great flight is important, just wish they could get their act together with their guest programme and paperwork. And yes I did need my 'missing Gold card' yesterday, Virgin Domestic 'lounge dragon' wanted to see it, luckily she accepted the info on my boarding card.

Last edited by grannieflyer; Aug 6, 2015 at 5:43 am Reason: Spelling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.