Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre-Check : IAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

TSA Pre-Check : IAD

Has anyone been able to take advantage of TSA Pre-Check while flying out of the US on Etihad? I don't see where I can add a KTN number anywhere on my reservation and the call centre folks I spoke to have never heard of it.

Flying out of IAD tonight on the 787
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Not possible, as it's not in the list of carriers that supports it. Hope you're having fun on EY in the 787. I flew that flight last May but the 787 was subbed for a 77L. Grrr.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: EY
TSA announced today that Etihad flyers are now eligible for Precheck

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...s-and-seaborne
Old May 22, 2016, 9:13 pm

How does that work?

At ORD, as far as I know there is no Precheck line in the international terminal (T5). I don't know about other US airports.

At AUH, even though there is US preclearance (immigration/customs), security is not done by TSA so precheck is inapplicable.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:07 am

TSA Pre

cant speak to ORD T5 as it's been awhile since I've been there, but:

there is Pre check at Washington Dulles
There is pre check at JFK T4 (Etihad's departure terminal)
There is pre check at DFW
There is pre check at SFO in the international terminal where EY's flights depart from.
Not sure about LAX in TBIT if there is pre check there.

There wouldn't be pre check at AUH as TSA doesn't do the security screening there.

so I guess that's how it works - in most of EY's US departure airports there is pre check, so if you provide EY your KTN when checking in you could get it.

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
How does that work?

At ORD, as far as I know there is no Precheck line in the international terminal (T5). I don't know about other US airports.

At AUH, even though there is US preclearance (immigration/customs), security is not done by TSA so precheck is inapplicable.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by xobile
TSA announced today that Etihad flyers are now eligible for Precheck

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...s-and-seaborne
Awesome news! Let's hope more foreign airlines sign up for Precheck.
Old May 23, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
But how do you get Etihad to enter and store your KTN number? For AA, DL etc. you store your number in your FF profile, this way it automatically prints out your Pre-check barcode on your BP when you check in. How does EY plan to facilitate this?
Old May 24, 2016, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by yabadoo
But how do you get Etihad to enter and store your KTN number? For AA, DL etc. you store your number in your FF profile, this way it automatically prints out your Pre-check barcode on your BP when you check in. How does EY plan to facilitate this?
The EY website already lets you add your KTN to a booking. Not sure if you can add it to EY Guest account to be a booking default, as I am not a member.

Flying back today on ALA-AUH-JFK all boarding passes say TSA Pre-Check. Even ALA-AUH which might be a bug.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I assume it will be entered into the Secure Flight form, along with name, DOB, and, if applicable, redress number.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Flying back today on ALA-AUH-JFK all boarding passes say TSA Pre-Check. Even ALA-AUH which might be a bug.
Even AUH-JFK is a bug. As noted multiple times upthread, security in AUH is not done by US TSA. PreCheck is relevant ONLY when departing from an US airport.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You may find Pre-Check on BP's for departure from domestic stations which do not have Pre-Check. At some point, carriers joining Pre-Check will all find a way to include the KTN as a field in a traveler's profile. Even WN (which still can't handle Pre-Check for international !)
Old May 24, 2016, 11:51 am

Attached Images  

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; May 24, 2016 at 11:56 am
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
Not able to enter the information online

OK, my reservation was made by a travel agent. When I go to add in my KTN by clicking edit passenger details there is no such field to enter KTN -- maybe they have such a field when you buy the ticket online after the new deal, but my ticket was purchased before the new deal. So I guess I need to call them up to do this. I'm not flying out till August, so I think I will wait till after Ramadan and call them. But it is cool that Etihad now has TSA Pre.

Last edited by rlbmorton; Jul 3, 2016 at 2:36 pm Reason: typos
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Here's how PreCheck works at ORD T5. There is no dedicated PreCheck line. However, the agent marks the "Precheck" lettering on the EY bp with a highlight marker. You then hold it up as you go through security, and they let you keep your shoes on. Very generous of them. I don't know if laptops can be left in the bag. Of course, you don't get a shorter line.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:14 pm

Flying out of IAD tonight to AUH on Etihad. Purchased my ticket on Expedia and entered my Global Entry KTN in my Expedia profile. I got Precheck on my boarding pass. The agent said she would have been able to enter my KTN had I not gotten Precheck.

Interestingly, my companion got Precheck as well. We're on the same reservation, but he doesn't have a KTN and has never gotten Precheck. The experience just convinced him to sign up for GE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.