Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Etihad guest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by antipest
I feel massively let down by Etihad, I moved 130000 Amex reward points on Tuesday to take advantage of the 25% bonus offered & on Wednesday received the devaluation news.

I now have 162k points that are now of no use as the 2x25k points from our MBNA cards will not post before 8th July and I am not in a position to book 2 F flights LHR-AUH-LHR before that date & then the redemption rates soar. We both really wanted to try the apartments on the 380, but that will no longer happen

I have been told I cannot return the points to Amex, so I am stuck with doing a 'waster' flight in J so as not to loose the points.

So, thank you Etihad you have right royally shafted me (and I thought BA's 'enhancement's' were bad)
Book 1x RT and 1x one-way on EY points, and use another program like AA (buy the miles if you have to) for the last one-way. I wouldn't settle for J if I was so set on F.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:37 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
And many of us are still waiting for our 100,000 plus miles as part of the triple miles promotion which I reckon will not appear until after 8 July....
Dear guest,

Can we have your booking reference and Etihad Guest number by DM so we can look into your retro claims as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you. *JS
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Originally Posted by lamont2718
You answered your own question. Sector = flight segment.
But that means that the most basic business class reward i can get Dub To AUH has gone up by 50%???? (from 95 to 142k???????) That can't be right. Thats just crazy!!!!

I really don't think its fair to say ohh we won't charge more for flights over 6000 miles but at the same time charge a hell of a lot more for the flight to get to that flight even though the fare is a through fare. So in other words of course your overall coat has increased.

Last edited by irish mark; Jun 4, 2015 at 12:20 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:27 am

Programs: EK Platinum, EY Silver
Wow, most upgrades have gone up by 50%, I usually fly AUH-CMB and use miles to upgrade and this is what it looks like:

THEN

From Coral Economy to Pearl Business

16000 Etihad Guest miles if booked in Y,B,H,K,M,Q classes.
19889 Etihad Guest miles if booked in G,L,U,V,E classes.

NOW

From Coral Economy to Pearl Business

31688 Etihad Guest miles if booked in U,V,G classes.
21125 Etihad Guest miles if booked in L,Q,M,K classes.
16900 Etihad Guest miles if booked in B,H,Y classes.

PRETTY DAM UGLY

I might go back to EK tbh, the fares are the same and EK needs 32k for an upgrade and lets not kid ourselves, EK is the better airline.

Last edited by NeatStuff; Jun 4, 2015 at 12:36 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: EK Platinum, EY Silver
Also can someone tell me exactly where we can see what the fare class is for a booking?

I've done a dummy booking and selected an Economy Value fare and I see this at the top of the T&C's

Fare Basis: QLEE6MAE = does this mean its an E class fare and therefore not upgradeable?

Also same for this? Fare Basis: USP4MAE
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by NeatStuff
Also can someone tell me exactly where we can see what the fare class is for a booking?

I've done a dummy booking and selected an Economy Value fare and I see this at the top of the T&C's

Fare Basis: QLEE6MAE = does this mean its an E class fare and therefore not upgradeable?

Also same for this? Fare Basis: USP4MAE
Hi NeatStuff, the booking classes are Q and U for the above fare basis. *ES
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:53 am

Thank you Etihad for destroying your FF scheme now rather than next year. I had been sorely tempted to switch over when I relocated to the gulf, but thankfully you have saved me from making a big mistake

Also congrats on making Skywards look generous.. Quite the achievement!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: Shiny metal ones that go clink.
It's not been overly well received by the press either:
Etihad shake up frequent flyer scheme
Some good examples in there:
Previously the cost ofan upgrade from economy to Business Class on Etihad Airways from LHR to AUH would cost 39,778 miles if booked in Y,B,H,K,M,Q classes, 46,445 Etihad Guest miles if booked in G,L,U,V,E classes, or 26,337 from Business to First.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hey,

If you have finished your flight and miles haven't been credited. Please let us know your booking reference and Etihad Guest number by PM or send it to [email protected]. We will follow it up.

Thanks. *JS
That is what I did multiple times!!!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by sabdhabi
Existing mileage required for guest seat one way business AUH MCT is 6,450 miles. From 8 July it will be 12,900 miles. Well done Etihad Guest. That's a 100% increase. That's great news for all your loyal guests who have been with you for many many years. You certainly know how to reward your guests and go that extra mile to ensure their continued loyalty.

Another example, guest seat one way business AUH BKK. Currently 39,874 miles. After 8 July will be 59,811 miles. That's a 50% increase. Once again, I thank you guys most profusely. You certainly know how to make your once loyal guests look around for alternative carriers. Keep up the good work!
Hi sabdhabi ,

We would like to tell you that the new changes in our Etihad Guest program will ensure that the programme remains attractive, competitive and sustainable. It will also increase the space availability for business class seats on board on certain flights. *ES
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi sabdhabi ,

We would like to tell you that the new changes in our Etihad Guest program will ensure that the programme remains attractive, competitive and sustainable. It will also increase the space availability for business class seats on board on certain flights. *ES
I would like to tell you that the new changes in the Etihad Guest program have, after 7 years of loyalty to EY, driven me to apply yesterday for a status match at EK. I would encourage others to do the same; EK will hopefully see what is happening and run a proper Plat / Plat match.

As a sidenote, EK asked me for a "copy your Etihad Frequent Flyer Card with a minimum validity of six months". Had to tell them that I don't have one, as EY hasn't gotten around to printing it yet.

Last edited by EFATO; Jun 4, 2015 at 3:52 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The EY Guest website now has a page about the changes, which also includes a FAQ.

The mileage calculator for flights booked after July 8 is here. But I am not entirely sure that it is showing results which are much different than the pre-8 July calculator here...so proceed with caution.
The two calculators are showing different mileage requirements for me, for the two routes I tested of DUB-> MLE and LHR-AUH
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Dear all....having read all the posts here, I to feel let down by Etihad for moving the goal posts again. I've got 3 return LHR- BKK flights booked ( taking advantage of double and triple miles promotions ) by the end of the year. I too will be taking my business elsewhere ( hopefully being able to use my saved miles for upgrades beforehand , and then wasting the last 100,000 odd on an unwanted gift )... Can anyone recommend an airline that will status match with Etihad. I always try and fly out of LHR ( stansted is not an option )....I was thinking of Jet Airways, but knowing Etihad own their ffp , I sure the goal posts will be moved over there soon ....any ideas please
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EFATO
I would like to tell you that the new changes in the Etihad Guest program have, after 7 years of loyalty to EY, driven me to apply yesterday for a status match at EK. I would encourage others to do the same; EK will hopefully see what is happening and run a proper Plat / Plat match.

As a sidenote, EK asked me for a "copy your Etihad Frequent Flyer Card with a minimum validity of six months". Had to tell them that I don't have one, as EY hasn't gotten around to printing it yet.
Let us know how you get along. I might do the same.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tangey
The two calculators are showing different mileage requirements for me, for the two routes I tested of DUB-> MLE and LHR-AUH
Here's SYD-AUH - one of those 6,000+ mile routes that hasn't changed...in business

OLD:

NEW:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.