Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption on SN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 2:59 pm

I just randomly googled Etihad redemption on Brussels airlines and came across this file. Rates seem to have been revised completely, and JFK has been removed as a redemption possibility on Brussels...

https://www.etihadguest.com/Document...Redemption.pdf
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by avs92
I just randomly googled Etihad redemption on Brussels airlines and came across this file. Rates seem to have been revised completely, and JFK has been removed as a redemption possibility on Brussels...

https://www.etihadguest.com/Document...Redemption.pdf
There is no date on this and the Etihad website is showing currently much lower pricing
http://www.etihadguest.com/Documents...on%20Table.pdf
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Just spoke to Manchester office, they say that since 01/12/16 the systems have been changed and they don't do the requests anymore to SN as it's not needed anymore. But technically the agent could find no seats for the next 8 months except on 3 or 4 dates
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone tried redeeming to IAD or YYZ? How many miles are needed?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ELAL
There is no date on this and the Etihad website is showing currently much lower pricing
http://www.etihadguest.com/Documents...on%20Table.pdf
The links from the Etihad website stopped working in the USA about 2 weeks ago. You can click the PDF directly from Google or the above post, but the link from the airline partners page to e.g. Brussels (and all other partners too) gets redirected to http://www.etihadguest.com/usdot

Unfortunately, due to US DOT requirements we are unable to present this page to the United States of America. Apologies for any inconvenience, if you require further help please contact us [email protected].
Burn while you can, folks.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone tried redeeming to IAD or YYZ? How many miles are needed?
Doubt it was ever possible.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Doubt it was ever possible.
Why not though? I will give it a shot over the next couple of weeks and update.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:43 am

Why not though? I will give it a shot over the next couple of weeks and update.
I was told yesterday that "SN doesn't fly YYZ-BRU", so they must not have an agreement to issue redemptions on any route not listed in the chart. Will try again in case that agent wasn't looking in the right spot... she also quoted me the price as being one-way when it's r/t.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schreibsman
I was told yesterday that "SN doesn't fly YYZ-BRU", so they must not have an agreement to issue redemptions on any route not listed in the chart. Will try again in case that agent wasn't looking in the right spot... she also quoted me the price as being one-way when it's r/t.
I managed to get a agent to put it on hold. He asked that I give him a few days as he needs to check with SN how many miles it would be.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:49 am

I managed to get a agent to put it on hold. He asked that I give him a few days as he needs to check with SN how many miles it would be.
Interesting! Keep us posted please.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:25 am

Sounds like incompetence as SN doesn't have anything to do with the amount of miles needed.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
With these calls with etihad booking SN, you need to be more assertive and tell them what they need to do.
Things to know:
-They can only book DIRECT routes from BRU-whatever city is listed on the award chart or vice-versa for RT only
-the prices are for ROUNDTRIP. If they disagree, they tell to pull up the award chart and scroll to the bottom? where it says one-ways are NOT permitted
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by erik123
Sounds like incompetence as SN doesn't have anything to do with the amount of miles needed.
Off course they do. EY (mostly) goes off the miles required by their partners. So basically they copy their award chart rather then set up their own. Hence why they need to check with SN.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:02 am

Just made a booking for two persons JFK-BRU for December 2017. Seamless and easy. Luckily the dates I needed were available. I can't confirm if they follow what UA.com says.
Taxes and fees were ~$180 total and the 36620/person for business class is correct.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:55 am

Off course they do. EY (mostly) goes off the miles required by their partners. So basically they copy their award chart rather then set up their own.
The EY award chart appears to have no relationship to the Brussels Air award charts (Miles & More/Loop). Do you see something different?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.