Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption on SN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2015, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Redemption on SN

Has anyone had any luck redeeming Etihad Guest miles on Brussels airlines? There are some great deals (eg. BRU to EBB for 23K return). I found X class using Expert Flyer but this doesn't correspond to what EY have. Anyone know what availability they have access to?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:51 am

Call in?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Call in?
Yes - but its difficult - checking a date takes 15 mins

Hence why I want to know what availability they get so can look online!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: All of Them
I just called in 2 different agents could find not one seat in Y or J for all of April, May, and October.

Additionally,
I Checked Asiana for ICN-SFO for all of June and no availability.

Now I am just trying to find any partner that has any seat on any flight to see if they are just advertising a bunch of BS
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:22 am
Original Poster

I tried bru-ebb and there was nothing in Y or J for the whole of aug or sept
Old Apr 19, 2015, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs
Now I am just trying to find any partner that has any seat on any flight to see if they are just advertising a bunch of BS
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it is the later.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:54 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Guest, please find your nearest Etihad Office http://bit.ly/1utCVW1 and contact our reservation team for further assistance. Thank you! *ZD
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi Guest, please find your nearest Etihad Office http://bit.ly/1utCVW1 and contact our reservation team for further assistance. Thank you! *ZD
Etihad Guest,
I appreciate you following this forum to try and be of some help. I have called the Etihad call center 5 times over the last 24 hours looking for a seat in business or economy on any dates for the following route on your partner Brussels Airlines:

Bussels - New York (JFK)

Could you tell us which dates, any dates, have a seat available to use Etihad Guest miles for a ticket?
Old May 1, 2015, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Just rang again

Lady on the phone checked the whole of the next 340 days and found nothing at all from BRU to NYC, EBB or NBO.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:33 am

Could it be that they may have to request an award seat but do not know how to? Similar to VS and partners?
Old May 1, 2015, 9:29 am

Etihad Guest,
I appreciate you following this forum to try and be of some help. I have called the Etihad call center 5 times over the last 24 hours looking for a seat in business or economy on any dates for the following route on your partner Brussels Airlines:

Bussels - New York (JFK)

Could you tell us which dates, any dates, have a seat available to use Etihad Guest miles for a ticket?
Hi there, we are sorry that we are unable to provide specific details on this. Kindly contact our reservation team: http://bit.ly/1utCVW1. Thanks. *JS
Old May 1, 2015, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Quote:

Etihad Guest,

Bussels - New York (JFK)

Hi there, we are sorry that we are unable to provide specific details on this. Kindly contact our reservation team: http://bit.ly/1utCVW1. Thanks. *JS
Not very helpful...
Old May 2, 2015, 2:16 pm

Dear jimbosmith300,

Our team will be able to check this for you using the above link for further assistance, we are sorry to hear you were unhappy with our last reply, we would like to help *GW
Old May 3, 2015, 8:34 am
Original Poster

EtihadHelp - do you know if agents can see availability on their screens or they have to request space?
Old May 11, 2015, 8:53 pm

Hi Etihad Help,

I just called to find award availability on Brussels Airlines for NYC-BRU .. the rep said .. that etihad just does not do tickets on SN .. its just facade on their website .. any amount I try .. etihad will never book award tickets on Brussels Airlines .. is that true?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.