Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Lounge Access Policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:11 am

Thanks Tommy, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:24 am

I'm flying AUH-JFK-PWM where the first leg is in F and then I switch to domestic F on delta for a direct route. will I have access to a lounge in JFK from Etihad on practice? I don't believe I am supposed to have access. I only have *G status from UA.

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:58 pm

My wife and 15 year old son arrived on Etihad flight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi this morning in First Class.

They cant use the Arrivals Lounge - my son has Israel stamp in his passport. They have a 12 hour wait till their RJ flight to Amman

Eventually found someone to give them RJ boarding passes (Business).

Considering they arrived on Etihad First Class, I would have thought - and I see many people on the forum have been allowed to - use Etihad lounges.

But seems no luck for them in the airport

First time they fly Etihad and to Abu Dhabi and really bad experience
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:55 am

1. Their inadmissibility is not really EY's fault, is it? Why didn't you book an EY connecting flight to AMM?

2. By all means go to the Arrivals lounge (if you are allowed into the UAE), but I don't see anything, or anyone here, which suggested that EY allows access to their departure lounges based on a passenger arriving on an EY flight, when leaving AUH on a different airline. What made you think so?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:51 pm

In December, I'll be arriving into AUH from JFK in F, departing on 9W same day to BOM in J, on a flight that doesn't have F. Jetairways uses Etihad lounges. Access to (hopefully open by then) F lounge or just J?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by JOBER
They cant use the Arrivals Lounge - my son has Israel stamp in his passport.
Was this really an issue? My understanding was that while they don't allow Israeli citizens into the country on Israeli passports, having a stamp from there isn't an issue.

http://www.traveladept.com/dubai-with-an-israeli-stamp/
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by jchock1
In December, I'll be arriving into AUH from JFK in F, departing on 9W same day to BOM in J, on a flight that doesn't have F. Jetairways uses Etihad lounges. Access to (hopefully open by then) F lounge or just J?
In a response to a similar question to me (SYD-AUH F connecting to AUH-CMB J) I was advised that access is to J lounge in AUH.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
DW & DD arrive in AUH in J and depart AUH in J on connecting flight. Will DH & DS on same flights but in economy be allowed to accompany them in the J lounge? (All on Etihad award travel on AA miles)
Old Apr 7, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: BMI, BA, BA Amex, Marriott
When flying in business, is it possible to guest a economy passenger into the lounge?
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: EY Gold
Flyer1984 - yes, you can guest an economy passenger so long as they are also traveling on Etihad.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by gembowcup
Flyer1984 - yes, you can guest an economy passenger so long as they are also traveling on Etihad.
You have to be a EY Partners (EY, AB, AZ, etc) Gold FFP or above in order to guest.

Business BP alone cannot guest.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: EY Gold
Thanks for clarifying, stargold! Realized I've always been a guest of EY Gold or Gold myself. My mistake.
Old May 18, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by stargold
You have to be a EY Partners (EY, AB, AZ, etc) Gold FFP or above in order to guest.

Business BP alone cannot guest.
what about first class? can first class pax bring in an economy class pax on travelling on the same flight?
Old May 19, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by tfung
what about first class? can first class pax bring in an economy class pax on travelling on the same flight?
well, to answer my own question, went through today.. the lounge attendant said basically even first class passengers are not allowed any guests, unless they have gold status with Etihad's FF program... *but* as an exception, she asked her manager and he granted my friend access for "one time only"... so YMMV I guess for first class pax and guest access..
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
Originally Posted by tfung
well, to answer my own question, went through today.. the lounge attendant said basically even first class passengers are not allowed any guests, unless they have gold status with Etihad's FF program... *but* as an exception, she asked her manager and he granted my friend access for "one time only"... so YMMV I guess for first class pax and guest access..

Confirmed again in June & July..
Etihad uses *A lounge in LAX and biz pax with no status were not allowed to guest economy pax into the lounge. Same on return Etihad premium lounge after US clearance was not allowed for Eco pax flying with biz (again because of no status).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.