FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Etihad Lounge Access Policy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1388192-etihad-lounge-access-policy.html)

CleverK1 Sep 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Etihad Lounge Access Policy

Hello

I tried to use the search function - but didn't find an answer.
I'm planning on flying DUS-AUH-MLE.
While DUS-AUH is only available in First and Economy -> AUH-MLE is only available in Economy. I was planning on using an AA award in First:
DUS-AUH (F) and continue AUH-MLE (Y)

Can I use the First Class Lounge in AUH?
The layover in AUH is 14 hours. Any problems in using the lounge for such a long time?

Thanks already for an answer
C1

eddibabyyeah Sep 17, 2012 2:12 am

I would have thought that if you only book Y from AUH-MLE then you will NOT be able to use the lounge in AUH as your ticket for the forthcoming journey is in Y and passengers in Y do not get lounge access.

gunlie Sep 17, 2012 9:45 am

Yes - report says that you would be able to use the First class lounge when arriving from F flight.
See for example post #47 in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...t-class-4.html

gunlie Sep 17, 2012 9:54 am

...and post # 17, 18, 19 here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...ssenger-2.html

bpadmanabhan Sep 18, 2012 8:59 am

Going from BAD to WORSE

I am a Etihad Guest member since 2008 and have more than 250 k miles !!

From July of this year - I switched to United.

The programme benefits have gone from bad to worse !!!

Reasons:

1) A lot of Etihad staff treat you like .... - even if you are a GOLD or higher member !!

2) They unilaterally change policies - example - for first 2 years ( I think) the SILVER & GOLD members were treated like F class guests and allowed access to the main business class lounge in AUH even when travelling Y - but now we are given a lounge (AL REEM ?) which is more of a REFUGEE camp !!

3) Even the few complimentary short haul upgrades have stopped

4) They also removed the extra baggage allowance form North American passageners !!

All said and done - IT SUCKS !!!! and They have proved their programme is just a BAIT & SWITCH !!

Bala

bobberle101 Sep 20, 2012 12:09 am

As airberlin prime customer, I have to second this. Not fun to fly over AUH, even in J.

BTW: If u fly from DUS, the flight will be operated by AB. AB certainly has no F.

express3 Feb 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Will be traveling AUH-DUS-MIA. Booked economy using AA miles on Etihad for first segment and then Air Berlin for the 2nd.

Question is about having lounge access at AUH. I dont think I should have access at any of the lounges based on status and type of class booked. However I'm a member of Lounge Club (through the Chase Ink Bold) and looking at their website, I should have acces to Al Rheem, Al-Dhabi and Al-Ghazal.

Which one is recommended to go to with children? Will they be allowed to get in with me or will be they be treated as a paid guest?

Thank you!

Wozza2404 Jun 2, 2013 3:25 pm

Dragging up an old thread as I can't find the one I posed the question in.

I just arrived in AUH in F, departing in J (as no F on that flight) in a couple of hours. F leg was a miles upgrade to a J ticket.

Was waved into the F lounge with no hassle after showing my inbound F boarding pass.

bmatt Jun 15, 2013 7:45 pm

I am booked from MLE to AUH then AUH to JFK. The MLE to AUH trip is in business because thats all they offer. AUH to JFK is in First.

The MLE to AUH flight gets in at night. I am spending the night before my flight the next day to JFK.

Can I access the first class lounge both days? Can you access any lounge when you are inbound?

Can you point me to where I can find the hours for the lounges?

Other than the lounge and the free car service, what other benefits should I be aware of when flying business and first?

Thanks for your help.

Flyer1984 Jun 17, 2013 7:26 am

I'm booked Manchester to Abu Dhabi in Economy. As a Silver Card holder will I be able to access the Etihad Lounge in Manchester? Is it a decent lounge?

eddibabyyeah Jun 17, 2013 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Flyer1984 (Post 20936762)
I'm booked Manchester to Abu Dhabi in Economy. As a Silver Card holder will I be able to access the Etihad Lounge in Manchester? Is it a decent lounge?

Yes. The lounge in MAN is available to silver card holders. The lounge is pretty good (although not as good as LHR). There's a good selection of drinks available, small buffet and at seat menu. I have never flown in the morning, but there has always been ample seating on an evening.

Platinum A332 Mar 7, 2015 3:56 pm

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but had a quick question;

If I am arriving on EY in F into AUH (0515) and connecting onto another airline at 0730, would I be able to use any of the EY lounges on arrival?

Thanks in advance :)

edy4eva Mar 8, 2015 12:51 am

Originally Posted by Platinum A332 (Post 24471485)
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but had a quick question;

If I am arriving on EY in F into AUH (0515) and connecting onto another airline at 0730, would I be able to use any of the EY lounges on arrival?

Thanks in advance :)

That depends on the airline you're connecting to and the class of travel, what are they?

h1ghfly3r Mar 8, 2015 3:02 am

In case you have enough time you could use the arrival lounge

Platinum A332 Mar 8, 2015 4:12 am

Originally Posted by edy4eva (Post 24472870)
That depends on the airline you're connecting to and the class of travel, what are they?

It would be to an RJ flight in J Class (their airfare is coming in at $700 cheaper to AMM on the dates I want), and unfortunately EY has no award availability connecting in J.

I have heard about the great arrivals lounge. I am contemplating using the arrivals lounge, then getting chauffeured to DXB to take an EK flight instead :p