Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 28, 09, 4:42 am   #1
 
Join Date: May 2009
Programs: pants
Posts: 433
How to complain to Emirates/Skywards

Whats the best way to file a complaint to Emirates or Skywards?
The "contact us" form on skywards.com does not have an option to submit a complaint. Upon calling skywards was told to email skywardsgold@emirates.com
which sounds like a generic address which just sits there an accumulates spam

roadrunner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 09, 5:29 am   #2
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 291
I would give up!

Two weeks ago, I flew from London to Chennai via Dbx in F. Also a Goldcard member ........ with all the additional luggage allowance offers, for some reason my bags came out after one full hour of waiting, without any attention to the "priority" tags........ spoke to the EK ground staff and they did mention to me that they will get back to me via email or whatever...... nothing yet!
safari_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 09, 6:29 am   #3
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MDZ,Argentina
Programs: AA,Millemiglia,Smiles,AR Plus,Distancia,LanPass
Posts: 110
I wrote a complaint on the contact us form of the website www.skywards.com. They got back to me in two days. Choose any subject from the category.
ramfunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 09, 10:30 am   #4
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dubai
Programs: EK Gold, , FB Gold, Jet Platinum, ICH Royal Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Platinum
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner21 View Post
Whats the best way to file a complaint to Emirates or Skywards?
The "contact us" form on skywards.com does not have an option to submit a complaint. Upon calling skywards was told to email skywardsgold@emirates.com
which sounds like a generic address which just sits there an accumulates spam

don't hold your breath, customer srevice (or lack of it) is a real problem for Emirates. Been waiting to get a problem resolved going back to April.
Gorilaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 09, 2:43 pm   #5
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Denmark/Sri Lanka
Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
Posts: 575
Emirates Customer Relations
PO Box 686
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
kataka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 09, 1:55 am   #6
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Monroe, NJ
Programs: EK Skywards Gold
Posts: 52
i recently made a complaint about service and was credited 15,000 comp miles into my account.
thomasincharge5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 11, 4:07 am   #7
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Don't Fly Emirates...

Booking a ticket over the phone, simple one would presume, well not with Emirates and their lame offspring skywards. It took me 3 hours to book a single ticket using my skywards miles because the system was down...The World's number one airline reward scheme and their system was down. The CSA at the other end saw fit to leave me on hold for 15 minutes at a time and after 2 hours said she'd call back in 5 minutes...30 minutes later she called and still hadn't solved the problem the come her supervisor with a surly attitude no initiative what so ever who after a weak corporate apology proceeded to lecture me on procedure...clearly the only procedures Emirates employ are those involving extreme incompetence. Then a call back from customer complaints who clearly could not be bothered. Seriously Emirates do not deliver and exist as a professional operation only in their contrived marketing pamphlets. Choose any other carrier!
Bemused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 11, 4:44 am   #8
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemused View Post
Booking a ticket over the phone, simple one would presume, well not with Emirates and their lame offspring skywards. It took me 3 hours to book a single ticket using my skywards miles because the system was down...The World's number one airline reward scheme and their system was down. The CSA at the other end saw fit to leave me on hold for 15 minutes at a time and after 2 hours said she'd call back in 5 minutes...30 minutes later she called and still hadn't solved the problem the come her supervisor with a surly attitude no initiative what so ever who after a weak corporate apology proceeded to lecture me on procedure...clearly the only procedures Emirates employ are those involving extreme incompetence. Then a call back from customer complaints who clearly could not be bothered. Seriously Emirates do not deliver and exist as a professional operation only in their contrived marketing pamphlets. Choose any other carrier!
Why didn't you book the reward ticket online and get the 5% discount?
ung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 11, 4:59 am   #9
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: BAEC Bronze, Skywards Pleb, Marriott Platinum Premier, SPG Gold
Posts: 7,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemused View Post
Booking a ticket over the phone, simple one would presume, well not with Emirates and their lame offspring skywards. It took me 3 hours to book a single ticket using my skywards miles because the system was down...The World's number one airline reward scheme and their system was down. The CSA at the other end saw fit to leave me on hold for 15 minutes at a time and after 2 hours said she'd call back in 5 minutes...30 minutes later she called and still hadn't solved the problem the come her supervisor with a surly attitude no initiative what so ever who after a weak corporate apology proceeded to lecture me on procedure...clearly the only procedures Emirates employ are those involving extreme incompetence. Then a call back from customer complaints who clearly could not be bothered. Seriously Emirates do not deliver and exist as a professional operation only in their contrived marketing pamphlets. Choose any other carrier!
So, the computer was down, and you eventually got it booked?
DYKWIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 12, 9:17 am   #10
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Emirates

I have been flying Emirates for years, am a Gold member, fly Business regular, and have always praised them. I called 3 weeks ago to book my two children and Grandparents to fly from UK to Dubai for their half term holidays. The lady on the phone could not tell me if I could use my airmiles for two, and pay for the other two. This has now gone through 5 people, 7 e.mails, dozens of phone calls, and then a chap called Wendell from Emirates told me 'we have the seats booked, I will get back to you' ...STILL WAITING!!! Now I have been told, sorry there are no seats for the return leg ...I am trying to remain calm, mature, patient ...but please tell me this is not for real? Emirates, terrible, terrible, terrible service. And ...they have no where on the web site to complain, and you can not get hold of a Manager or someone with authority, and I am starting to think ...a BRAIN !!! Absolutely furious Does anyone have any ideas how I can take this further?
Jonnytwosocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 12, 9:20 am   #11
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincharge5 View Post
i recently made a complaint about service and was credited 15,000 comp miles into my account.
PLEASE give me the name of the person you dealt with? the idiots I have dealt with are driving me mad, HONESTLY !!!!
Jonnytwosocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 12, 12:25 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnytwosocks View Post
I have been flying Emirates for years, am a Gold member, fly Business regular, and have always praised them. I called 3 weeks ago to book my two children and Grandparents to fly from UK to Dubai for their half term holidays. The lady on the phone could not tell me if I could use my airmiles for two, and pay for the other two. This has now gone through 5 people, 7 e.mails, dozens of phone calls, and then a chap called Wendell from Emirates told me 'we have the seats booked, I will get back to you' ...STILL WAITING!!! Now I have been told, sorry there are no seats for the return leg ...I am trying to remain calm, mature, patient ...but please tell me this is not for real? Emirates, terrible, terrible, terrible service. And ...they have no where on the web site to complain, and you can not get hold of a Manager or someone with authority, and I am starting to think ...a BRAIN !!! Absolutely furious Does anyone have any ideas how I can take this further?
Why do you need to do this thru an agent? You can book the redemptions and revenue tickets separately online, and get the PNRs linked afterwards.
ung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 12, 12:54 pm   #13
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 12R/30L
Programs: EK Gold| EY Gold|IC RA|Hyatt Diamond|HHonors Gold
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
Why do you need to do this thru an agent? You can book the redemptions and revenue tickets separately online, and get the PNRs linked afterwards.
+1, your issue sounds simple.
Zol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 12, 6:35 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CBR
Posts: 2,783
Just another case of post'n'run
edy4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 12, 6:41 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SMF - N. California
Programs: LH SEN, SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Posts: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilaz View Post
don't hold your breath, customer srevice (or lack of it) is a real problem for Emirates. Been waiting to get a problem resolved going back to April.
+1. One of the reasons for declining service levels in C, and even F, is that they really do nothing with customer complaints. No follow up, remedial action etc. I doubt the complaint even makes it back to the subject person or their supervisor.

At best, you will get a canned response after a few weeks.
CommittedLurker is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:39 pm.