FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   How to complain to Emirates/Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/969460-how-complain-emirates-skywards.html)

roadrunner21 Jun 28, 2009 3:42 am

How to complain to Emirates/Skywards

Whats the best way to file a complaint to Emirates or Skywards?
The "contact us" form on skywards.com does not have an option to submit a complaint. Upon calling skywards was told to email [email protected]
which sounds like a generic address which just sits there an accumulates spam

:rolleyes:

safari_7 Jun 28, 2009 4:29 am

I would give up!

Two weeks ago, I flew from London to Chennai via Dbx in F. Also a Goldcard member ........ with all the additional luggage allowance offers, for some reason my bags came out after one full hour of waiting, without any attention to the "priority" tags........ spoke to the EK ground staff and they did mention to me that they will get back to me via email or whatever...... nothing yet!

ramfunes Jun 28, 2009 5:29 am

I wrote a complaint on the contact us form of the website www.skywards.com. They got back to me in two days. Choose any subject from the category.

Gorilaz Jun 28, 2009 9:30 am

Originally Posted by roadrunner21 (Post 11980569)
Whats the best way to file a complaint to Emirates or Skywards?
The "contact us" form on skywards.com does not have an option to submit a complaint. Upon calling skywards was told to email [email protected]
which sounds like a generic address which just sits there an accumulates spam

:rolleyes:

don't hold your breath, customer srevice (or lack of it) is a real problem for Emirates. Been waiting to get a problem resolved going back to April.

kataka Jun 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Emirates Customer Relations
PO Box 686
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

thomasincharge5 Jun 29, 2009 12:55 am

i recently made a complaint about service and was credited 15,000 comp miles into my account.

Bemused Nov 13, 2011 3:07 am

Don't Fly Emirates...

:td::td:Booking a ticket over the phone, simple one would presume, well not with Emirates and their lame offspring skywards. It took me 3 hours to book a single ticket using my skywards miles because the system was down...The World's number one airline reward scheme and their system was down. The CSA at the other end saw fit to leave me on hold for 15 minutes at a time and after 2 hours said she'd call back in 5 minutes...30 minutes later she called and still hadn't solved the problem the come her supervisor with a surly attitude no initiative what so ever who after a weak corporate apology proceeded to lecture me on procedure...clearly the only procedures Emirates employ are those involving extreme incompetence. Then a call back from customer complaints who clearly could not be bothered. Seriously Emirates do not deliver and exist as a professional operation only in their contrived marketing pamphlets. Choose any other carrier!

ung1 Nov 13, 2011 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Bemused (Post 17440622)
:td::td:Booking a ticket over the phone, simple one would presume, well not with Emirates and their lame offspring skywards. It took me 3 hours to book a single ticket using my skywards miles because the system was down...The World's number one airline reward scheme and their system was down. The CSA at the other end saw fit to leave me on hold for 15 minutes at a time and after 2 hours said she'd call back in 5 minutes...30 minutes later she called and still hadn't solved the problem the come her supervisor with a surly attitude no initiative what so ever who after a weak corporate apology proceeded to lecture me on procedure...clearly the only procedures Emirates employ are those involving extreme incompetence. Then a call back from customer complaints who clearly could not be bothered. Seriously Emirates do not deliver and exist as a professional operation only in their contrived marketing pamphlets. Choose any other carrier!

Why didn't you book the reward ticket online and get the 5% discount?

DYKWIA Nov 13, 2011 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Bemused (Post 17440622)

So, the computer was down, and you eventually got it booked?

Jonnytwosocks Jan 22, 2012 8:17 am

Emirates

I have been flying Emirates for years, am a Gold member, fly Business regular, and have always praised them. I called 3 weeks ago to book my two children and Grandparents to fly from UK to Dubai for their half term holidays. The lady on the phone could not tell me if I could use my airmiles for two, and pay for the other two. This has now gone through 5 people, 7 e.mails, dozens of phone calls, and then a chap called Wendell from Emirates told me 'we have the seats booked, I will get back to you' ...STILL WAITING!!! Now I have been told, sorry there are no seats for the return leg ...I am trying to remain calm, mature, patient ...but please tell me this is not for real? Emirates, terrible, terrible, terrible service. And ...they have no where on the web site to complain, and you can not get hold of a Manager or someone with authority, and I am starting to think ...a BRAIN !!! Absolutely furious :mad: Does anyone have any ideas how I can take this further?

Jonnytwosocks Jan 22, 2012 8:20 am

Originally Posted by thomasincharge5 (Post 11984358)
i recently made a complaint about service and was credited 15,000 comp miles into my account.

PLEASE give me the name of the person you dealt with? the idiots I have dealt with are driving me mad, HONESTLY !!!!:mad:

ung1 Jan 22, 2012 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Jonnytwosocks (Post 17863057)
I have been flying Emirates for years, am a Gold member, fly Business regular, and have always praised them. I called 3 weeks ago to book my two children and Grandparents to fly from UK to Dubai for their half term holidays. The lady on the phone could not tell me if I could use my airmiles for two, and pay for the other two. This has now gone through 5 people, 7 e.mails, dozens of phone calls, and then a chap called Wendell from Emirates told me 'we have the seats booked, I will get back to you' ...STILL WAITING!!! Now I have been told, sorry there are no seats for the return leg ...I am trying to remain calm, mature, patient ...but please tell me this is not for real? Emirates, terrible, terrible, terrible service. And ...they have no where on the web site to complain, and you can not get hold of a Manager or someone with authority, and I am starting to think ...a BRAIN !!! Absolutely furious :mad: Does anyone have any ideas how I can take this further?

Why do you need to do this thru an agent? You can book the redemptions and revenue tickets separately online, and get the PNRs linked afterwards.

Zol Jan 22, 2012 11:54 am

Originally Posted by ung1 (Post 17864077)
Why do you need to do this thru an agent? You can book the redemptions and revenue tickets separately online, and get the PNRs linked afterwards.

+1, your issue sounds simple.

edy4eva Jan 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Just another case of post'n'run :)

CommittedLurker Jan 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Gorilaz (Post 11981351)
don't hold your breath, customer srevice (or lack of it) is a real problem for Emirates. Been waiting to get a problem resolved going back to April.

+1. One of the reasons for declining service levels in C, and even F, is that they really do nothing with customer complaints. No follow up, remedial action etc. I doubt the complaint even makes it back to the subject person or their supervisor.

At best, you will get a canned response after a few weeks.