Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Dubai layover: what Emirates provides

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai layover: what Emirates provides

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 6:25 am

We are actually based in Kampala, Uganda. Would we able to get the local emirates office to book this?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 6:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Nikmehta
We are actually based in Kampala, Uganda. Would we able to get the local emirates office to book this?
You can try. I tried the UK office, but they wouldn't do it, so I had to organise with the Cairo office.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:13 am

Programs: Lots
Thanks for the references, SD1k ^
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Mogensen
and just to give an update on the situation for economy class passengers i encountered the following:

Booked HAM-DXB-ADD-DXB-HAM (the flight has a 9 hour layover in DXB) - upon requesting the stpc I was told that since this ticket was booked in V (how would I know) this ticket would not be valid for accomodation.

They said that only B?? and true Y class tickets would be honored with a free hotel in Dubai, however if i upgraded using miles I would get the full business class deal with hotel and limo.

Btw was told that the fare difference between V and B??? was only 200 EUR.
Just spent 32500 miles upgradin ham-dxb-add segments - and then called EK again and suddenly it was no problem to get free accomodation in dubai - 32500 miles = upgrade + hotel + limo = VERY GOOD VALUE IMO
Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: Skywards, Qmiles, Miles&More, Enrich
Smile

My experience with EK layovers are at the following hotels :

Le Meridien - Nice room, I don't stay long enough to fuss about it so it's OK. The breakfast at Yalumba is the best I have ever tried anywhere! There are a few good restaurants here as well but I never have the time to try them (out all the time)

Al Sondos Suite - Huge with a bed room, living & two, yes .. two baths. Very close to Diera City Center but only one restaurant

Millennium Airport Hotel - Most Y class passengers stay here but if the other Le Meridien hotels are full, they will send their FJ passengers here too. Nothing to shout about.

I believe EK are also sending their J passengers to other hotels as well e.g Fairway and Taj Palace
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:51 pm

for economy class...

if you are flying to/ from JFK you get access to Marhaba lounge (food but no shower) but only if you don't leave airport (on way home to JFK I went into DXB and seeing that I had immigration stamp they wouldn't let me in)
shower room at hotel (near gate 17) available for about US $8.

buffet in airport at Emirates restauraunt available if your connection is over 4 hours

Millenium hotel for Y passengers is actually a seperate wing, reasonably comfortable but nothing luxurious- expect a bed and hot shower. They give you meal vouchers for the hotel's bufffet which was better than what I expected.

Hotel voucher only if you are taking first available flight (from JFK-DXB-Africa I got voucher, but from Africa- DXB-JFK they wouldn't give it to me because there was a earlier flight to JFK with a two hour connection).
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
What is the minimum connection time which provides STPC? I have a (just over) 8 hr connection CAI-DXB-ZRH on a RTW ticket, I assume I'll get a hotel in that case?

If the ticket is not issued ex-CAI, then do I talk to the local EK office in the issuing country, or CAI, since that is where I'll be originating that day?
Old Mar 13, 2007, 2:52 pm

Programs: SQ PPS UA 1K MM
Just did a CMB-DXB-KWI trip and was not given a hotel, yet it was booked in V class, I believe a full fare was only 2,000LKR more oops
Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:38 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by qasr
What is the minimum connection time which provides STPC? I have a (just over) 8 hr connection CAI-DXB-ZRH on a RTW ticket, I assume I'll get a hotel in that case?

If the ticket is not issued ex-CAI, then do I talk to the local EK office in the issuing country, or CAI, since that is where I'll be originating that day?
Depends which class you are travelling. If Y class, then it's 10 hours before you get a hotel. J & F are 8 hours.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Depends which class you are travelling. If Y class, then it's 10 hours before you get a hotel. J & F are 8 hours.

Cheers,
Rick
F class, guess there is a hotel for me! ^ From earlier in the thread it wasn't 100% clear, this applies to UA/EK RTW tickets, right?

Thanks for the info, Rick.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 5:49 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Is that La Meridien or the "Airport Millennium"?

I've always been (not recently) to the Airport Millennuim, Emirates wing.
The whole section of the hotel on the left was dedicated for Emirates
IIRC. If they have a different hotel now, please correct me.

Never flew on paid J or F, but I've always had a free hotel, shuttle etc
to/from the hotel. I've always refused the meal vouchers since I usually
go out for dinners with my friends instead.

I like their service. They are very good about the wake up calls. I like
their 2 hours policy. you reach the airport just in time.. not too early.

I've used the shuttle only once from the hotel to the airport and they
have been good. It feels slow.. but that might be because I'm used to
driving to/from the airport in DXB.

DXB is always a good stop-over.. and the food is good.

PS: I've always made the reservations(free) for the hotel ahead of time by calling
EK. They'll take your preference (non-smoking, two beds etc) and try to
book accordingly then I pickup my vouchers from the Airport Customer service
desk at the departure airport (JFK usually)
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:52 am

Programs: Skywards, Qmiles, Miles&More, Enrich
Cool

Originally Posted by cpx
Is that La Meridien or the "Airport Millennium"?

I've always been (not recently) to the Airport Millennuim, Emirates wing.
The whole section of the hotel on the left was dedicated for Emirates
IIRC. If they have a different hotel now, please correct me.

Never flew on paid J or F, but I've always had a free hotel, shuttle etc
to/from the hotel. I've always refused the meal vouchers since I usually
go out for dinners with my friends instead.

I like their service. They are very good about the wake up calls. I like
their 2 hours policy. you reach the airport just in time.. not too early.

I've used the shuttle only once from the hotel to the airport and they
have been good. It feels slow.. but that might be because I'm used to
driving to/from the airport in DXB.

DXB is always a good stop-over.. and the food is good.

PS: I've always made the reservations(free) for the hotel ahead of time by calling
EK. They'll take your preference (non-smoking, two beds etc) and try to
book accordingly then I pickup my vouchers from the Airport Customer service
desk at the departure airport (JFK usually)
If you fly J & F, you'll get one of the Le Meridien hotels or recently, the Taj Palace. Y class will stay at the Millenium Airport hotel, EK wing. However, if rooms are fully booked at the posh hotels, EK will put their J/F class passengers at Millenium
Old Mar 15, 2007, 6:46 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by krazykat
If you fly J & F, you'll get one of the Le Meridien hotels or recently, the Taj Palace. Y class will stay at the Millenium Airport hotel, EK wing. However, if rooms are fully booked at the posh hotels, EK will put their J/F class passengers at Millenium
Thank you! ^
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Aren't there sleeping rooms in the Emirates F Lounge?

How are they?
Can you just ask for access at the reception desk of the lounge or do I have to pre-reserve?
How many are there?

---

see http://www.emirates.com/usa/Travelle...assLounges.asp

Facilities at Emirates Lounges
A range of hot and cold food and drinks at all times of the day.
Healthy food options.
Guest bedrooms with en suite shower facilities (First Class only).
Massage chairs.
Designated smoking and non-smoking areas.
TV viewing areas with 42 inch plasma screens.
Free wireless network connection
...The First Class lounge has been designed to an extremely high standard, including fully-equipped bedrooms with televisions, each bedroom includes en suite shower facilities. A selection of Molton Brown toiletries are provided to help you freshen up before or after your flight.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qasr
F class, guess there is a hotel for me! ^ From earlier in the thread it wasn't 100% clear, this applies to UA/EK RTW tickets, right?

Thanks for the info, Rick.
Bump... anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.