Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by ydnpa
Traveling from MAN to SIN on A380 & from SYD - MAN also on A380 our TA has assigned us 20 E&F I know as a couple E&F are the seats closest together & that's OK just unsure if row 20 is OK. From what I have read they serve C class from the front, should we move further forward?

We also have a leg from CHC to SYD on B777-300ER & are in row 7 A&B have read that these have offset window again should we move or for the 3+ hour flight is it not a major issue?
In J whilst they do serve from the front, they divide it into sections, so rows 7-14ish will be served by one FA, then 15-26 etc. etc. The service is not going to be swift anyway so I wouldn't worry about that. I find it is uncommon for them to run out of food choices. You can amuse yourselves at the bar whilst waiting for food where there are some quite edible snacks laid out if you are feeling a little hungry!

I don't think the window is a big issue unless you like to sit and stare out - the ambience of the mini cabin I think more than makes up for the misaligned window. I am rarely disturbed by the galley noise even sitting in 7B/J - if it does become an issue, earplugs are available. Or alcohol!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:01 am

Thanks for the advice, will stay where we are.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Well, what did your flight on EK352 end up being?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
a6 ems a 773 with 12 in f according to ek source.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:03 am

Any recommendations for J seats on a 777-300ER? I'm surprised at how full the flights are, but have managed to get aisle seats for all 4 segments (CPT - LGW). I've selected 7B on 2 segments, 7D on the other two - anything in particular I should be aware of, or better seats I should try to get?

I'm not worried about meal choices, etc, as I have a special meal; my biggest consideration is having enough space around me (which I imagine shouldn't be a problem in any J seat).
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: QF QP
7B and 7D are fine.
On a recent trip I even had 7K. Which a few people don't like, because of only one window instead of 2. It was fine, and plenty of room in all seats.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by ceejay_za
Any recommendations for J seats on a 777-300ER? I'm surprised at how full the flights are, but have managed to get aisle seats for all 4 segments (CPT - LGW). I've selected 7B on 2 segments, 7D on the other two - anything in particular I should be aware of, or better seats I should try to get?

I'm not worried about meal choices, etc, as I have a special meal; my biggest consideration is having enough space around me (which I imagine shouldn't be a problem in any J seat).
Having space really depends on how, err, to put it delicately, big you are...

There is a little area the seat frame itself to put things like a phone (you can charge in the USB port there too) and glasses case/wallet etc. Apart from that there is a small place to store shoes between you and your seat mate, and a magazine pocket under the screen in front of you.

I think it's a perfectly adequate J seat, especially in the more intimate mini-cabin. If you are a light sleeper, ask for ear plugs.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Ha ha, that's why I like 23A/K as it's not too far to travel back.
So row 23 on an A388 isn't too loud from the bar? Trying to find the best E/F seats on an A388 in J. Was thinking either 23 or else maybe 20.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by onfo
So row 23 on an A388 isn't too loud from the bar? Trying to find the best E/F seats on an A388 in J. Was thinking either 23 or else maybe 20.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks in advance!
The bar can get a bit loud. The area just behind FC is good except they have the bassinet seats there. Last flight had a baby in FC and then the bassinet row full of babies was long flight!
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:35 am

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks in advance!
I don't find 23 to be loud at all, but I am someone who is usually sleeping with earplugs or listening to music/watching movies with headphones. Very rarely am I just sitting with nothing on my ears, so it would have to be very loud to be heard.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:22 pm

Any noise has never caused me any problems. Always 23 if available.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Any noise has never caused me any problems. Always 23 if available.
Booked it. Now just hoping their are no babies in 22
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:33 pm

good luck ! other than that you'll have a great time.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:01 am

3M earplugs available on request...and you can use the noise-cancelling headphones or escape the bar!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
3M earplugs available on request...and you can use the noise-cancelling headphones or escape the bar!
#3 has my vote !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.