Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by viki250
Hi,

It will be my first long haul flight from Dubai to Perth. Its almost 11 hrs non-stop flight. I have never traveled with A380 therefore really excited to experience this superb jumbo flight.

I have below question.

c) window side

Viki
Do you really need a window seat when all you will see for 90% of the flight is the ocean
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Agent69
Do you really need a window seat when all you will see for 90% of the flight is the ocean
there are a lot of people that like window seats. makes more isle seats available
Old Dec 19, 2015, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Doing IAH - DXB - SIN with the gf in March in F. It's A380 ---> 77W with all F seats currently open.

I've tentatively selected 1E/F on both flights. Any reason to change or should I just call it a day with that?
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Doing IAH - DXB - SIN with the gf in March in F. It's A380 ---> 77W with all F seats currently open.

I've tentatively selected 1E/F on both flights. Any reason to change or should I just call it a day with that?
Their fine we had the two behind you not knowing that the 3rd row was the "baby" row sucked all the way to Dubai
Old Dec 19, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Their fine we had the two behind you not knowing that the 3rd row was the "baby" row sucked all the way to Dubai
Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by m3red
How would you like a baby crying the majority of the time in FC as you know how they configure the "baby seat" it makes for not so pleasant time for the seat in front of them. And when you have parents that do not display proper decorum it makes it worse. We booked row 1 next month
Old Dec 20, 2015, 12:03 pm

Two tier A380 seats 12E and F

My wife and I will be flying on the new 2 class A380 from Manchester in March next year in J seats 12 E and F any comments on the seat or location, on the Emirates seat map there appears to be a large gap to the row behind us, would that indicate a bulkhead?
I picked these seats because of the full length lay flat seat, if there is a bulkhead would it inhibit the lay flat.
Thanks in anticipation and seasons greetings to all on the site.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by Oztravellerleeds
My wife and I will be flying on the new 2 class A380 from Manchester in March next year in J seats 12 E and F any comments on the seat or location, on the Emirates seat map there appears to be a large gap to the row behind us, would that indicate a bulkhead?
I've just had a look on Manage a Booking at the seat map, as I've got one coming up on the 2-class A380. I can't see any gap behind Row 12 that is different from most other rows. The exception is between Rows 16 and 19, which is the change in cabin with storage space, bulkhead etc.

The only think I can think you're seeing is that the row behind you is marked as disabled accessible, which might make the image slightly off.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: Emirates Platinum
Sorry to hear you have been landed with the new 2 class variant of the A380! It will be interesting to hear feedback on what it is like.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:22 am

How would you like a baby crying the majority of the time in FC as you know how they configure the "baby seat" it makes for not so pleasant time for the seat in front of them. And when you have parents that do not display proper decorum it makes it worse. We booked row 1 next month
Who cares about babies crying in F - that's what noise cancelling headphones (provided by EK) and earplugs are for... As for parents, just close the door and don't see them...

If all else fails, get blind drunk
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by happygoblin
Sorry to hear you have been landed with the new 2 class variant of the A380! It will be interesting to hear feedback on what it is like.
I booked the 3 class all the way ro Australia return and the first leg to Dubai has been replaced with the 2 class. They changed our seats from row 14 ( in front cabin) to row 20, single cabin. I will post on the difference between the 2 classes.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Who cares about babies crying in F - that's what noise cancelling headphones (provided by EK) and earplugs are for... As for parents, just close the door and don't see them...

If all else fails, get blind drunk
Yea right if you close the door thats only vertical what about the top?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:46 am

Yea right if you close the door thats only vertical what about the top?
You mean other passengers are loitering outside your suite?

If the parents are looming over your suite wall repeatedly and disruptively, I'd tell them to f*ck off, politely of course! and bring it to crew attention.

If the kids are climbing over the wall and dropping things on you, then tell the parents and the crew.

If it's just noise, then the earplugs and noise headphones work very well. I sympathise if you want to talk to your travel companion, but one can always decamp to the front/back bar or galley.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Katykat
I booked the 3 class all the way ro Australia return and the first leg to Dubai has been replaced with the 2 class. They changed our seats from row 14 ( in front cabin) to row 20, single cabin. I will post on the difference between the 2 classes.
My circumstances were the same, I also booked all the way to Oz on a A380 in J however when they changed the aircraft to the two class they didn't change my seats at all, so my wife and I were sat separate, until I changed the seats, It's the only part of the trip from Manchester to Dubai so it's not the end of the world. I will report back on my thoughts.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Shame. You'll have to ask for a refund of Alaska air miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.