Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:22 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by scotclif
Can anyone share a photo of the deeply reclining sleeperette that is operated on the 777-300 plane. I have a photo in my head of the big old wife sofa seats like in the movie Airplane.......please tell me I am wrong?
There are no deeply reclining seats on the 777-300. They are all lie flats.

Edit : As I said in post 2...
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Can anyone share a photo of the deeply reclining sleeperette that is operated on the 777-300 plane. I have a photo in my head of the big old wife sofa seats like in the movie Airplane.......please tell me I am wrong?
You can see for yourself on my trip report: I was on 777-300 A6-EMT and A6-EMW.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...73-77l-ek.html

And a photo:

Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: Emirates Gold + BA Silver
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There are no deeply reclining seats on the 777-300. They are all lie flats.

Edit : As I said in post 2...
This is what i get from Emirates website about my particular flight.

Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:45 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JetAirways77W
You can see for yourself on my trip report: I was on 777-300 A6-EMT and A6-EMW.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...73-77l-ek.html

And a photo:

Correction - That's not a deeply reclining sleeperette, that's a lie flat. The 300s don't have the sleeperettes anymore only the 2 class 200s IIRC. Here is an image of a sleeperette config.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:54 am

This is what i get from Emirates website about my particular flight.

Something doesn't seem right.

So long as it is a 777-300 (ER/ non-ER), you are guaranteed to get the lie-flats in J. If they put the 300 instead of 300ER, then you'll get the skycruisers i/o of suites in F.

Looking at the history of a/c servicing this flight for the past month or so, seems to be mainly operated by 300ER, except on 2/3 days when operated by a 300.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Correction - That's not a deeply reclining sleeperette, that's a lie flat. The 300s don't have the sleeperettes anymore only the 2 class 200s IIRC. Here is an image of a sleeperette config.
So the question again - will my flight ( B777-300 ) in Oct have lie flat or Deeply Reclining Sleeperette seat as the Emirates website is suggesting.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:14 am

Something doesn't seem right.

So long as it is a 777-300 (ER/ non-ER), you are guaranteed to get the lie-flats in J. If they put the 300 instead of 300ER, then you'll get the skycruisers i/o of suites in F.

Looking at the history of a/c servicing this flight for the past month or so, seems to be mainly operated by 300ER, except on 2/3 days when operated by a 300.
I am flying business not first - so it seems i would be in a Deep Reclining Sleeperette. The plane scheduled is a 300 not a 300er!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:00 am

I am flying business not first - so it seems i would be in a Deep Reclining Sleeperette. The plane scheduled is a 300 not a 300er!
I don't think I was able to make the point. There are *NO* 777-300s in EK's fleet that have Deep Reclining Sleeperettes in J. All 777-300 and 777-300ER
in 2 class and 3 class configurations now have lie-flat seating in business (J) class.

Last edited by jackiedada; Sep 17, 2014 at 3:44 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:24 am

I don't think I was able to make the point. There are *NO* 777s in EK's fleet that have Deep Reclining Sleeperettes in J. All 777-300 and 777-300ER
in 2 class and 3 class configurations now have lie-flat seating in business (J) class.
Crystal Clear now.... hope i am not posting a picture of a DRS come 10th Oct. :-)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:16 pm

Is this seat ok or not?? and some more

Hello all I am a newbe her So i have a qustion about this seat i have reserved for me and my wife

Ek160 osl-dxb 777-300er seat 19a and 19c
EK382 dxb-hkg A380-800 seat 45a and c
EK381 hkg-dxb A380-800 Seat 46a and 46c
EK159 DXB-Osl 777-300er Seat 19a and 19 c

Is this good seat or??

I think is the best to stay in front,not so much noise?

We are travling from Norway 31 des-14 to Hong kong,maby not to much pax one the plain I am a blue member,maby uppgrade

All wath do u Think??

Last edited by jtmath; Sep 21, 2014 at 1:12 pm
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hi there jtmath, welcome to flyertalk

Can't really comment on your selected seats as I'm not personally familiar with those sections of the aircraft, but others will no doubt be able to advise.

Meanwhile if you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the views offered on the seat guru website - which is far from perfect, but does provide some useful info. Have a look here ....
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Emi...nformation.php

As for your "not too much pax, maybe upgrade....." remark : if it IS the case that these flights have light loads on the day, then there would be little reason for Emirates to offer upgrades to anyone ; it's actually the complete opposite situation (ie very heavy flights) where this becomes a possibility. But I wouldn't build up your hopes about that anyway, because the chances of being upgraded as a blue member are, in reality, very low indeed.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:30 am

Be prepared to have someone sitting in between you.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
What's the best J seat for a single traveller on a 3-class 777? I selected row 11 but am worried that there would be a bit of noise from the Y cabin? Otherwise, row 7 is available, but that has no window and since this is a day flight that would be nice to have. Cabin looks pretty empty - making it harder to choose.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Be prepared to have someone sitting in between you.
Well, its easier to swap him/her out for a window or aisle - but there is a good chance that it might go empty if the flight is not full.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Ahmed777
What's the best J seat for a single traveller on a 3-class 777? I selected row 11 but am worried that there would be a bit of noise from the Y cabin? Otherwise, row 7 is available, but that has no window and since this is a day flight that would be nice to have. Cabin looks pretty empty - making it harder to choose.
I always go for the first minicabin - Row 6/7 should be good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.