Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sydtogla
Emirates Seating Guide

A380

First:
  1. Solo travelers: some say row 4 is loud from the galley behind, while row 1 may be a bit more cramped than other rows. Most suggest rows 2 or 3, seats A or K.
  2. Couple: E/F seats in rows 1-3 are all fairly similar.
Business:
  1. General: the mini cabin at the back has a more secluded feel, though some comment that there is noise from the bar beyond row 23.
  2. Solo travelers: most prefer seats A and K (solo seats on sides with windows).
  3. Couple: aim for seats E/F to be closer together.
Economy:
  1. General comments: upgrade if at all possible!

First:
  1. Solo travelers: Row 1, especially 1a and 1k, is the worst because of galley and lavatory right in front. Noisy and high traffic. Not much difference between row 1 and 2 in terms of space on the 77w for k or a seats.
  2. Couple: there is not really any difference between row 1 and 2 for e and f seats except 1 is near the galley and 2 is near row 6 in j where there may be children
Business:
  1. General: There is limited direct aisle access as the configuration is 2-3-2. The rear J cabin will have Y pax move through on boarding.
  2. Solo travelers:
  3. Couple: 7 j and k are great if you don't mind the missing window. It's in the private mini cabin - a great choice unless you like window gazing. You also don't get y traffic passing through this cabin as you turn left on entry!
Economy:
  1. General comments: Y on the 777 is for slim people.
Print Wikipost

The ultimate Emirates seating guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: SAA, HHonors Gold, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ung1
I like the 777 row 6 because you're right behind F with minimal disturbance. I wouldn't pick row 6 on 332 where it's the only row with galley behind.

With 380 I'd rather be right in front where there's minimum traffic and least disturbance. When I want some revelry all it takes is a 15 second walk to the bar. The problem is always making ones way back
Yeah haha, the reason I chose the back initially, but I'd rather have a more peaceful sleep than that 2 minute saving.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:57 am

The problem is always making ones way back
Ha ha, that's why I like 23A/K as it's not too far to travel back.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by yanny baba
46A.

Do it.
U have experience with this seats? Because on SeatGuru , they say the foot space is limited , because of the entertainment box under the seat?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:22 am

Yes, I took an overnight flight and slept ok in this seat. I dont know why Seat expert thinks this is a bad seat as you have lots of extra room with the transition from 3 to 2 seats.

I normally go for an exit row seat on a day flight, but i've found this seat better for sleeping as you have a wall to lean on and you don't get people trampling your feet.

46B/J on the other hand do have issues with tray/monitor misalignment, so i would avoid these.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
I just flew JFK-DXB on a 777-300ER (with suites) in Y.

46A/B/J/K had extra legroom (noticeable, I'd say 2-3").

46B/J had a slightly misaligned TV so you are leaning into your neighbour to see your own TV.

I sat in 46J but 50J/K were empty (and didn't even show on the seatmap when booking seats) so I moved there. At 46K you can easily lean on the window and still store things on the side. By 50K this is impossible. I ended up using my laptop case as a 'base' against the window and piling pillows on top of it to sleep. Without the base, the pillows would just fall down the side and it's really awkward to try and sleep. Also, 50J/K are RIGHT next to the washroom (literally, RIGHT next to). I didn't mind though and they are very private. From 50K you can only really see your neighbour in 50J.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:28 am

Yes, I took an overnight flight and slept ok in this seat. I dont know why Seat expert thinks this is a bad seat as you have lots of extra room with the transition from 3 to 2 seats.
You don't mention the ICE box under the seat in front of you. Is this an issue?

46B/J on the other hand do have issues with tray/monitor misalignment, so i would avoid these.
Other posters have said the monitor issue is insignificant, do you disagree?

As you might guess, i have 46B/J booked for some upcoming flights.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ft101
You don't mention the ICE box under the seat in front of you. Is this an issue?

Well I'm 6'1" and I never noticed this box, if that helps.

Other posters have said the monitor issue is insignificant, do you disagree?

As you might guess, i have 46B/J booked for some upcoming flights.
The monitor is less of an issue than the tray actually being out of alignment as well.
If you can't get an A/K seat then i'd try and go for an exit row if I were you.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:01 am

If you can't get an A/K seat then i'd try and go for an exit row if I were you.
Thanks, I prefer an aisle to the window so won't be trying for A/K, but of course an exit row is better still and I'll be sure to ask.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:27 am

Thanks, I prefer an aisle to the window so won't be trying for A/K, but of course an exit row is better still and I'll be sure to ask.
TBH I prefer an aisle as well, but if you have to take a window seat in Y, this ones alright.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Are any of the A380 first class seats blocked? Booked a HKG-BKK flight next week and wanted to get 2 seats in the middle but only window seats are available to be selected.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by silver-tls
Are any of the A380 first class seats blocked? Booked a HKG-BKK flight next week and wanted to get 2 seats in the middle but only window seats are available to be selected.
Probably full if you're booking a week out!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Probably full if you're booking a week out!
I called Emirates and the only seat in the middle section is in row 3 but blocked for bassinets. Otherwise they still have 5 window seats open and available for sale. Oh well for a 3 hour flight not a big deal.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:23 pm

I have an question about my flight with Emirates

it's already booked and I want to cancel it, because my girlfriend is pregnant , and we can't go on a holiday then (it's a flight from Amsterdam to Manila). Is it possible I change the flight to one year later?

Because on manage my booking, I can't change anything but I already moved the departed date once, could that also be the reason why I can't change it now? Maybe there is a possibility for an open ticket?
And if it's not possible, and I cancel my flight, do I get any money back or lost it all?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Originally Posted by gerritbouma
I already moved the departed date once, could that also be the reason why I can't change it now?
Quite possibly - if your ticket has already been reissued once, EK's systems have problems referencing back to the original transaction. However, if you have changed dates once, there is usually no reason why you can't do so again.

As to how far out you can move the dates - this depends on all manner of ticketing and fare conditions... we'd need to know the fare basis code and when you purchased to have even a chance of getting that one right!

EK are one of the more flexible airlines (with their fare conditions) out there, I find.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gerritbouma
I have an question about my flight with Emirates

it's already booked and I want to cancel it, because my girlfriend is pregnant , and we can't go on a holiday then (it's a flight from Amsterdam to Manila). Is it possible I change the flight to one year later?

Because on manage my booking, I can't change anything but I already moved the departed date once, could that also be the reason why I can't change it now? Maybe there is a possibility for an open ticket?
And if it's not possible, and I cancel my flight, do I get any money back or lost it all?
Best way is to call Emirates and speak to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.