Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Upgrades at Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
I've been offered it as a paid upgrade at the airport on 3 occasions. The first time we were told if we paid for 2 of us we could have the 3rd person free - but apparently they got into trouble for offering us that!

But all 3 were ex-uk to DXB
Originally Posted by dolfinco
Can you remember the price of this ?
Be interested to know myself, particuarly if your username suggests your locale is NCL/EDI.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
its about 400GB inc the tax.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:58 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by vytas315
That's a first. Any other stories of outstations not following the standard upgrade procedure?
Indeed. I have never before heard that being a 'couple' moves you up the opup list...
Old Mar 6, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Indeed. I have never before heard that being a 'couple' moves you up the opup list...
Maybe it is time I start making friends in the checkin line. Might be a new pickup line
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by m3red
its about 400GB inc the tax.
Fingers crossed. 4 of us going out in 10 days time and would snap that up without a doubt.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Stez
Be interested to know myself, particuarly if your username suggests your locale is NCL/EDI.
Sorry for late reply - if my memory serves me it was £380 each or thereabouts - this doesn't include lounge or chauffeur at the other end.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 8:55 pm

Don't wait til check in go to the EK counter at the airport and ask. One time I was processing a J to F upgrade and there was a queue of people buying £400 upgrades as there was a few seats sPare in j and y was a handful over. You just never know.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
Don't wait til check in go to the EK counter at the airport and ask. One time I was processing a J to F upgrade and there was a queue of people buying £400 upgrades as there was a few seats sPare in j and y was a handful over. You just never know.
Greed gets you. I was willing to pay miles to upgrade BHX-DXB last month but thought I'd gamble for an op-up knowing it was full... well, everyone and their dog got and op-up except me and then J was full so no chance to upgrade with miles

[Also trying to save on the increased departure tax ex UK by upgrading onboard]

Same would go for cash upgrades I reckon
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
Sorry for late reply - if my memory serves me it was £380 each or thereabouts - this doesn't include lounge or chauffeur at the other end.
Just as an update, i was flying home from EMA last night and went to Emirates desk in Glasgow to ask this very question and they confirmed the figure above.

Its a no brainer to pay it for me next week. I just hope its on offer.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by dolfinco
Just as an update, i was flying home from EMA last night and went to Emirates desk in Glasgow to ask this very question and they confirmed the figure above.

Its a no brainer to pay it for me next week. I just hope its on offer.
Few questions on the airport upgrade - would the cost of c£400 be for a single sector or for all flights on your ticket ?

Also, I am assuming it would just be for one-way and you would have to try your luck again on the return ?

Thanks

V.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by vji6697
Few questions on the airport upgrade - would the cost of c£400 be for a single sector or for all flights on your ticket ?

Also, I am assuming it would just be for one-way and you would have to try your luck again on the return ?
That would be for a single sector.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That would be for a single sector.
Thanks

Going MAN - DXB - MRU in June. Might try my luck at upgrading the second sector. Would I be able to do that in MAN or need to wait till I get to DXB ?

Likewise on the way back, will try my luck at upgrading the DXB - MAN leg

Spoke to my agent about upgrading our Y Saver fare, and they are quoting me £2100 pp at the moment, so even if I have to pay £400 per sector that is still a saving over that.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by vji6697
Going MAN - DXB - MRU in June. Might try my luck at upgrading the second sector. Would I be able to do that in MAN or need to wait till I get to DXB ?

Likewise on the way back, will try my luck at upgrading the DXB - MAN leg

Spoke to my agent about upgrading our Y Saver fare, and they are quoting me £2100 pp at the moment, so even if I have to pay £400 per sector that is still a saving over that.
I think you'd need to ask at DXB about the MRU flight. Note that these upgrades are not always available.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I think you'd need to ask at DXB about the MRU flight. Note that these upgrades are not always available.
Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:13 am

just reporting back. Got an option at OLCI to upgrade MAN - DXB for £470 and DXB - MRU for 315, so £785pp, I had budgeted £800, so really happy with this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.