Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Upgrades at Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Emirates Upgrades at Airport

Hi All, does EK offer any paid upgrade for discountes at airports?
Flying DEL to DXB in economy and looking to get into business.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Hotelsforlife
Hi All, does EK offer any paid upgrade for discountes at airports?
Flying DEL to DXB in economy and looking to get into business.
Not for discounts, for the fare difference. But during OLCI or beforehand you might get an offer (by e-mail or on the OLCI screen).
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not for discounts, for the fare difference. But during OLCI or beforehand you might get an offer (by e-mail or on the OLCI screen).
Actually you may see discounted walk-up upgrades at various outstations (not just in the US) very soon...
Old Feb 16, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: EK Plat, IHG Amb Spire
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Actually you may see discounted walk-up upgrades at various outstations (not just in the US) very soon...
It has started already. I was offered an OMR 58 upgrade Y-J at the airport on Monday and also had received the email offer for the same amount for the flight from Muscat. Declined both but got an op-up anyway.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by RedDxb
It has started already. I was offered an OMR 58 upgrade Y-J at the airport on Monday and also had received the email offer for the same amount for the flight from Muscat. Declined both but got an op-up anyway.
That sounds tempting until one looks up how strong OMR is , it's more expensive per hour of flight time than I've seen on other routes, by a factor of >50%, though probably still not too bad.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:25 pm

I've been offfered them several times - and taken advantage of them to boot!
Old Feb 18, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Does anyone know if you can be offered them at OLCI on a Qantas issued ticket?

On MEL-DXB later in the week, D bucket, and the flight is zeroed out in J class but 4 seats available in F - there's award space too, but can't use miles to upgrade due to it being a QF ticket
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Does anyone know if you can be offered them at OLCI on a Qantas issued ticket?

On MEL-DXB later in the week, D bucket, and the flight is zeroed out in J class but 4 seats available in F - there's award space too, but can't use miles to upgrade due to it being a QF ticket
Using my all-encompassing sample size of one, no they do not.

Now to hope for joy at the airport
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
It cost me 70000 Skywards. DXB-YYZ

Anyway I don't care I parked my all EK miles to ALASAKAN
they gave me 46000 miles to AS for a one way flight from CAI-HND on Fclass
instead OF 17.800 on EK now I am waiting for the return leg F ON BKK-HKG-DXB- CAI. oh by the way emirates throw me 20000 compliments miles for the inconvenience My first class seat smell smoking and bought me to business class for couple of hours on Old 777
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
I've been offfered them several times - and taken advantage of them to boot!

Is this only at OLCI or also paid upgrades at airport.

Looking for anyone with experience of UK to DXB paid upgrades from Economy to Business.......if its even possible ?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:25 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by alpenrock
Anyway I don't care I parked my all EK miles to ALASAKAN
they gave me 46000 miles to AS for a one way flight from CAI-HND on Fclass
instead OF 17.800 on EK now I am waiting for the return leg F ON BKK-HKG-DXB- CAI. oh by the way emirates throw me 20000 compliments miles for the inconvenience My first class seat smell smoking and bought me to business class for couple of hours on Old 777
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by dolfinco
Is this only at OLCI or also paid upgrades at airport.

Looking for anyone with experience of UK to DXB paid upgrades from Economy to Business.......if its even possible ?
I've been offered it as a paid upgrade at the airport on 3 occasions. The first time we were told if we paid for 2 of us we could have the 3rd person free - but apparently they got into trouble for offering us that!

But all 3 were ex-uk to DXB

Last edited by Lady Northumberland; Feb 28, 2017 at 4:24 pm Reason: Forgot to add
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Lady Northumberland
I've been offered it as a paid upgrade at the airport on 3 occasions. The first time we were told if we paid for 2 of us we could have the 3rd person free - but apparently they got into trouble for offering us that!

But all 3 were ex-uk to DXB
Thanks

Can you remember the price of this ?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 2:59 pm

My nephews wife has silver status ( he is blue). She was emailed & asked if she wanted to upgrade prior to flight ( for a fee), she declined. Queuing at check in at Brisbane, an attendant approached asking if anyone in the queue was in couples. They raised their hands & they ( & some others) were directed to the business class desk. They thought it was just to ease the queue but were then informed they were being upgraded all the way to Dubai. It was purely random, nothing to do with her silver status. So, they were glad they hadn't paid to upgrade
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
It was purely random, nothing to do with her silver status.
That's a first. Any other stories of outstations not following the standard upgrade procedure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.