Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flame3601
Information on Load requests

The number of seats for sale for a flight are available via ExpertFlyer.com, a subscription-based service with a 5-day free trial. A subscription is $9.99/month and can be enabled and disabled any time. It is encouraged to subscribe rather than post repeatedly in this thread.

NB: Op-up changes or overselling of a flight cannot be determined with certainty from this information, only inferred to be more or less probable.

For a once-off load request please follow these guidelines:

Flight loads >7 days out are not very useful, as the airline could still sell many seats, unless availability of a specific fare bucket (e.g. Business Saver upgrade) is requested. If you wish to know the general flight load please don't post >7 days before departure.

When requesting a load please provide the following information:

- Date of flight (departure date)
- Flight Number
- Origin
- Destination

These four fields are mandatory in searching on ExpertFlyer (see screenshot below) and it isn't fair to except those who pay for their subscriptions to also have to go look up which cities a specific flight number is from and to (also some flight numbers are onward flights (5th freedom routes, e.g. CMB-MLE) and loads will differ significantly depending on which sector of the flight is checked.

Print Wikipost

Flight Load Check request

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by j_r_m
well at least there was a happy ending.

Thanks to all that helped in this thread. Specifically @skywardhunter and @eternaltransit^
No problem - the staff load check can actually be a bit misleading because EK have another tool which shows revenue management's actual forecast loads which has to be read in conjunction with the load apps if you want to be more accurate with getting on or not...

But I think you're right, there may have been quite a few no-shows from a late night
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
No problem - the staff load check can actually be a bit misleading because EK have another tool which shows revenue management's actual forecast loads which has to be read in conjunction with the load apps if you want to be more accurate with getting on or not...

But I think you're right, there may have been quite a few no-shows from a late night
OP flew on 31st, people drink much the day before they plan to drink much?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
OP flew on 31st, people drink much the day before they plan to drink much?
Err, it was a late night, I don't know what day it is
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:17 am

Load Check please

Please can someone check the load for the following flights. Thank you in advance.

EK 704 7 January 2017
EK 029 8 January 2017
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:30 am

FYI load is not visible to EK staff until 3 days prior, and not visible at all to non-staff
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by m3red
They do upgrade j to F but only if they have to.
I got from DXB-BLR... And got asked if I was one of the cricketers (the SA team were on board)
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:10 am

Load Factor Please

Hya!
I'm planning last minute on duty trip and most probably will seek upgrading Y-J with some miles. Eventually will make use of Gold status to get guaranteed seat in Y Flex+ on Y and then use miles to J.

One of you with access to EF can please report load factor on:

10JAN - EK192
11JAN - EK382
19JAN - EK381
20JAN - EK191

Many thanks for the help!
SDC
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:17 am

Hi There,

I'll be happy to help bu EF doesn't take flight numbers. departing and arriving airports please.

Also EF does not provide loads, EF provides availability by fare bucket for purchase, which does not correspond to actual load due to over- and underselling, it is merely an indication.

Lastly you only need to use Gold Status for a guaranteed seat if the flight is sold out, you can purchase a Flex+ the regular way for any flight with availability, which is often quite possible. Also a regular Flex+ from the website may indeed be cheaper than a Gold guarantee seat as the Gold guarantee books into Y, the most expensive fare bucket, while I believe Flex+ has a total of 2 or 3 fare buckets, some of which are discounted vs Y.

Second lastly, there've been a lot of load check requests popping up on here recently, if this is going to become a thing perhaps we need a dedicated thread for it, or even better, let's not make it a thing. Looking up EF loads is still straightforward and a thread for that I think would make sense, but when it gets to requesting the actual loads from EK internally it becomes trickier, perhaps I contributed to that though when I posted loads on the other thread here a few days ago. Those loads are only available <72h before to EK staff and thus not easy to get access to.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:19 am

One more thing, as a grammar nazi... load factor generally refers to a load in G placed on an object, either positive or negative (e.g. a load of +4G, 4x earth's gravitational force)
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:39 am

Redemption to forum overlord

Copy that.

Can anyone check fare availability for any of those flights, please?

10JAN - EK192 (LISDXB)
11JAN - EK382 (DXBHKG)
19JAN - EK381 (HKGDXB)
20JAN - EK191 (DXBLIS)

EK web shows only Y Flex and Y Flex+ on Lisbon departure. All flights do not show J Saver at all.
My intention is to check possibility of miles upgrade until, during or even after check in before I send my business to Y+ or J on another company saving my miles for next trip.

But hey, if it is too much trouble, just ignore this request.
Thanks a mill.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Sdcorreia
Copy that.

Can anyone check fare availability for any of those flights, please?

10JAN - EK192 (LISDXB)
11JAN - EK382 (DXBHKG)
19JAN - EK381 (HKGDXB)
20JAN - EK191 (DXBLIS)

EK web shows only Y Flex and Y Flex+ on Lisbon departure. All flights do not show J Saver at all.
My intention is to check possibility of miles upgrade until, during or even after check in before I send my business to Y+ or J on another company saving my miles for next trip.

But hey, if it is too much trouble, just ignore this request.
Thanks a mill.
EK192 J4 C4 I4 O0 P0 Y3 E3 R3 W3 M0 B0 U0 K0 H0 Q0 L0 T0 V0 X0
EK382 F4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O0 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9 B9 U9 K9 H0 Q9 L9 T9 V0 X0
EK381 F4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O0 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9 B9 U9 K9 H0 Q9 L9 T9 V0 X0
EK191 F4 A4 J7 C7 I7 O7 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9 B9 U9 K9 H9 Q9 L9 T9 V0 X0

No need for the attitude, you asked for a favour from someone who pays for this kind of data, I simply requested the minimum info required for EF to find the flight.

The other comments were addressed in general and not specifically to you. However feel free to pay the 10$ a month yourself in future if you'd like to avoid dealing with the forum overlords.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
For future reference, you can just call up EK and check if there is upgrade availability on your desired flights before booking. Much faster and simpler, especially if you don't have an EF membership.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:57 am

I definitely would do as HKPrince mentions, and not rely on EF for upgrade availability if that was your intention. Also note that Flex+ isn't any more likely to have upgrade availability than Flex or Saver, it's just cheaper to upgrade (well and Saver can't be upgraded before check-in).
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:23 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Second lastly, there've been a lot of load check requests popping up on here recently, if this is going to become a thing perhaps we need a dedicated thread for it, or even better, let's not make it a thing.
There is a thread somewhere... however, it's not been used for a while.

Personally, I think these requests should not be allowed. EF/KVS offer a very reasonably priced service, with a free trial. These requests are akin to a neighbour asking if they can hook into your WiFi as they don't want to pay. Or (more relevantly), people asking you to get them Champagne when you've paid for a Friday Brunch, and they've gone for the soft drinks option
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Or (more relevantly), people asking you to get them Champagne when you've paid for a Friday Brunch, and they've gone for the soft drinks option
#DubaiProblems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.