Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:27 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Mr_Itlog
Hello,

I'm looking for an airline to fly to Birmingham, UK from Manila and Emirates is one of my choices. Do I need a visa to transit Dubai? I will not be leaving the airport during that time. I have a Philippine passport with UK visa.

Their website is not clear on this unlike Qatar Airways: https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...iting-in-Doha-

Thanks!
Hi Mr_ITlog and welcome to the Emirates forum. It's good to see you here and hopefully you will stick around and participate.

To your specific question, I can see from a quick check that it may not be entirely clear on the EK website if any type of transit visa is required in that once you have chosen nationality, destination and transit country (in this case UAE), it does not state anything about a transit visa being required. This information is taken from the TIMATIC website so you could come to the conclusion that no transit visa is required.

However, the passenger is responsible for ensuring that they have the correct documentation and visas for the entire journey including all transit points and although we can give advice on here, the onus is on yourself to ensure you have all of the correct documentation for your travel. If the airline are not satisfied then they can refuse travel as they can be subject to fines if they carry someone without the required documentation.

Emirates carry thousands of transit passengers daily and are really up on their game in dealing with them so first port of call could be a call to EK customer services. They will be able to check the transit requirements for you as their information is from TIMATIC and you will have it from the horse mouth so to say.

The other avenue to check is by getting in touch with the UAE Embassy in Manila and they should be able to confirm what the requirements (if any) are.

Hope me you get it sorted and let us know how you get on.

Once again, welcome onboard.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Mr_Itlog
Hello,

I'm looking for an airline to fly to Birmingham, UK from Manila and Emirates is one of my choices. Do I need a visa to transit Dubai? I will not be leaving the airport during that time. I have a Philippine passport with UK visa.

Their website is not clear on this unlike Qatar Airways: https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...iting-in-Doha-

Thanks!
You definitely do not need a transit visa to fly via DXB on Emirates as long as you stay airside.

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hi Mr_ITlog and welcome to the Emirates forum. It's good to see you here and hopefully you will stick around and participate.

To your specific question, I can see from a quick check that it may not be entirely clear on the EK website if any type of transit visa is required in that once you have chosen nationality, destination and transit country (in this case UAE), it does not state anything about a transit visa being required. This information is taken from the TIMATIC website so you could come to the conclusion that no transit visa is required.

However, the passenger is responsible for ensuring that they have the correct documentation and visas for the entire journey including all transit points and although we can give advice on here, the onus is on yourself to ensure you have all of the correct documentation for your travel. If the airline are not satisfied then they can refuse travel as they can be subject to fines if they carry someone without the required documentation.

Emirates carry thousands of transit passengers daily and are really up on their game in dealing with them so first port of call could be a call to EK customer services. They will be able to check the transit requirements for you as their information is from TIMATIC and you will have it from the horse mouth so to say.

The other avenue to check is by getting in touch with the UAE Embassy in Manila and they should be able to confirm what the requirements (if any) are.

Hope me you get it sorted and let us know how you get on.

Once again, welcome onboard.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
While technically correct I think all the regulars here can answer this with certainty. No one even checks passports in transit at DXB so where would such a transit visa even be verified?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:35 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You definitely do not need a transit visa to fly via DXB on Emirates as long as you stay airside.

While technically correct I think all the regulars here can answer this with certainty. No one even checks passports in transit at DXB so where would such a transit visa even be verified?
I myself thought that would be the answer but it never hurts to check with the authorities if unsure as immigration requirements can change and the last thing we would want to do is give duff information

S
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:38 am

I myself thought that would be the answer but it never hurts to check with the authorities if unsure as immigration requirements can change and the last thing we would want to do is give duff information

S
Immigration requirements pertain to immigration though, which isn't a factor in an airside transit at DXB. Given thousands of Afghanis, Iraqis, Iranis, Indians, and other nationalities from countries with extremely restricted passports in terms of global visa requirements transit DXB every day, I think it is safe to say that Filipinos are extremely unlikely to face an issue.

(I myself require a visa for DXB (not even on arrival, online in advance) and am very aware of the fact that there are absolutely zero checks with regards to nationality during the transit in DXB (including check of passport at the onward gate, in some cases, depending on the destination and immigration requirements for your nationality and already completed document checks).
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:58 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Immigration requirements pertain to immigration though, which isn't a factor in an airside transit at DXB. Given thousands of Afghanis, Iraqis, Iranis, Indians, and other nationalities from countries with extremely restricted passports in terms of global visa requirements transit DXB every day, I think it is safe to say that Filipinos are extremely unlikely to face an issue.

(I myself require a visa for DXB (not even on arrival, online in advance) and am very aware of the fact that there are absolutely zero checks with regards to nationality during the transit in DXB (including check of passport at the onward gate, in some cases, depending on the destination and immigration requirements for your nationality and already completed document checks).
skywardhunter, I value your input and points above, however, the information I have given to the op is not incorrect and whilst I thought myself there would be no issue, in such cases, it may be better to err on the side of caution when giving out such information on an Internet forum and guide the Op to getting the exact information required, even if absolutely certain. Quite simply put, even if I'm 100% certain in these types of questions, the onus is on the passenger to have the correct documentation and if for any reason they are stopped from flying, their argument that they were told on Flyertalk is not going to wash with the airlines or authorities.

S
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:04 am

skywardhunter, I value your input and points above, however, the information I have given to the op is not incorrect and whilst I thought myself there would be no issue, in such cases, it may be better to err on the side of caution when giving out such information on an Internet forum and guide the Op to getting the exact information required, even if absolutely certain. Quite simply put, even if I'm 100% certain in these types of questions, the onus is on the passenger to have the correct documentation and if for any reason they are stopped from flying, their argument that they were told on Flyertalk is not going to wash with the airlines or authorities.

S
Absoutely, like I said in my first response, yours is technically correct. It's a bit of a lawyerish answer, though. Regardless, I'm happy to say with certainty that no visa is required, the OP is welcome to try and sue me for that advice

I'm not saying you're not well-intentioned, I just think this is rather clear-cut answer where we can easily and quickly help someone out and giving them the technically correct "cover-my-..." run-around isn't necessary. Everyone has their own risk-appetite of course
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by lucafrost
Is anyone aware of a thread containing all of the 77W aircraft equipped with the new business class seats?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by kq747
Not sure if the fleet thread has been updated but the 77W with the new J are A6-EPX-Z and A6-EQA-D
It was previously reported that the first delivery would be A6-EPV and this looks to be backed up by the seat count at the EK Source (2 extra Y seats were added at the same time). Can you confirm EPX was the first?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ft101
It was previously reported that the first delivery would be A6-EPV and this looks to be backed up by the seat count at the EK Source (2 extra Y seats were added at the same time). Can you confirm EPX was the first?
Sorry that was a typo on my part. It is EPV. I clearly had too long a work day yesterday
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Could someone kindly confirm whether the list of corresponding fare classes for each fare type is still accurate?

https://www.theflightexpert.com/emir...re-type-guide/

As usual, I find the EK website to be absolutely useless.

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Could someone kindly confirm whether the list of corresponding fare classes for each fare type is still accurate?

https://www.theflightexpert.com/emir...re-type-guide/

As usual, I find the EK website to be absolutely useless.

Thanks!
Not entirely - for instance, Flex Plus usually encompasses Y, E, R classes and Economy Flex redemptions go into revenue W, sometimes A class is a Saver.

The only way to be sure is to look at the entire fare basis: the fare group will be the 4 letter from the right, so e.g.: AAAAXBBC, and X would indicate:

F - Flex Plus
S- Flex
P - Saver
R - Special
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
My situation is I am flying Sydney to Bangkok; Australian passport holder; checked-in online and printed BP; hand carry only; Do I proceed straight to the gate and bypass the check-in counters (for passport check etc) ?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
My situation is I am flying Sydney to Bangkok; Australian passport holder; checked-in online and printed BP; hand carry only; Do I proceed straight to the gate and bypass the check-in counters (for passport check etc) ?
Yes, you can go straight through immigration/security to the gate.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Yes, you can go straight through immigration/security to the gate.
Thank you.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Hi all,

Just wondering if and when EK release last minute award availability? any experiences with this? Is it 72 hours before departure? or less?

I am hoping seats will open up as there are still a number of them for sale on the route I'm looking at and there seems to be a theme to it..

thanks
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by zainman
Hi all,

Just wondering if and when EK release last minute award availability? any experiences with this? Is it 72 hours before departure? or less?

I am hoping seats will open up as there are still a number of them for sale on the route I'm looking at and there seems to be a theme to it..

thanks
There is no established pattern that we know of (or that I know of and am not aware of anyone here having knowledge of such). However OLCI opens at T-48hrs where technically upgrades can be made on space-available basis, though there are recent reports that EK wait until boarding to confirm these in hopes of selling the seats, so if there is a seat available you can upgrade at the airport (check-in, lounge and gate), and if Silver or above you can also upgrade on-board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.