Wiki Posts
Search

Stuck in a lift?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Stuck in a lift?

This is a very trivial issue I guess but I just 10 spent minutes trying to get to the right floor for A380 economy class boarding direct from the lounge. The level one button didn't work and we were forced to get out on the second floor. We then weren't able to call a lift to go back up or down! Eventually we ended up in the first class lounge where a staff member was able to use their pass to take us to the right floor.
This is the third or fourth time this happened to me and I'm wondering whether anyone else has ever had this problem?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:45 pm

Then you are not taking the correct elevator. When boarding from the lounge you should take the elevator with the Economy sign, which most of the time is the last one in the row. This one will take you to the first floor.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:47 pm

Happens every so often because staff forget that there are Y pax in the elevators

As you saw lower deck boarding requires a card to allow exit (if you haven't taken the economy programmed lifts down at A) but no problem boarding on the upper deck then taking the front or rear stairs down to Y.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Happens every so often because staff forget that there are Y pax in the elevators

As you saw lower deck boarding requires a card to allow exit (if you haven't taken the economy programmed lifts down at A) but no problem boarding on the upper deck then taking the front or rear stairs down to Y.
There is an issue with taking the front stairs and that really annoys me when economy passengers do that. Doesn't happen often but it's annoying being gawped at.

As for the lifts - I've had issues with them not going to the right floor before a few times!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:01 am
pdh

I too had an issue trying to board a 2 class A380 from the A lounge to the upper deck for a Y seat.

It took us all the way to the bottom where boarding for other economy class passengers had already started and I rang the bell a few times to go back up to the lounge.

I rather just go into the business class lift as the door is the same as the one that economy boards from (upper deck 2 class A380)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by pdh
I too had an issue trying to board a 2 class A380 from the A lounge to the upper deck for a Y seat.

It took us all the way to the bottom where boarding for other economy class passengers had already started and I rang the bell a few times to go back up to the lounge.

I rather just go into the business class lift as the door is the same as the one that economy boards from (upper deck 2 class A380)
For a 2-class yes, but that's a different situation entirely
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:54 am
pdh

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
but that's a different situation entirely
Still pertinent to the discussion I feel
Old Oct 28, 2016, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by iRobert
Then you are not taking the correct elevator. When boarding from the lounge you should take the elevator with the Economy sign, which most of the time is the last one in the row. This one will take you to the first floor.
The last lift with the economy sign wasn't working! As usual staff at the gate direct Y pax to level one without checking if the level one button actually works. Then when you are forced to get out at level two the buttons to call the lift do not work presumably so no one goes back up. You have to wait for the lift to come back down and hope it goes back up again.
I was at gate a20 and unfortunately there were no stairs down to the lower level boarding deck.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I assume it's done to stop people in economy from breathing the same air as business and first class passengers.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Internaut
I assume it's done to stop people in economy from breathing the same air as business and first class passengers.
100% correct.

It's bad enough that Y pax are allowed to use the same aircraft.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by m3red
There is an issue with taking the front stairs and that really annoys me when economy passengers do that. Doesn't happen often but it's annoying being gawped at.
As you are saying, it doesn't happen often.

It is much more annoying for Y pax to wait for F/J pax to deplane when there is no upper deck ramp. (It is much much more annoying for F/J pax to come down the stairs carrying their roll-on though...)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
As you are saying, it doesn't happen often.

It is much more annoying for Y pax to wait for F/J pax to deplane when there is no upper deck ramp. (It is much much more annoying for F/J pax to come down the stairs carrying their roll-on though...)
I've had this a few times this year as well!

Embarrassing
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:48 pm

I've had this a few times this year as well!

Embarrassing
I am pleased to report proper segregation of the elevators has taken place on my last flight.

And an op-up, imposter that I am

No status guy had a massive grin coming down from the J lounge whilst whatsapping his boarding pass stub -
EK's desired effect I think!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I am pleased to report proper segregation of the elevators has taken place on my last flight.

And an op-up, imposter that I am

No status guy had a massive grin coming down from the J lounge whilst whatsapping his boarding pass stub -
EK's desired effect I think!
J to F?

And
Old Oct 28, 2016, 10:03 pm

J to F?

And
Y to J - pretty sure there were 7/8 op-ups to F as J was 78/76 and I used Seat Guarantee for Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.