Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation on new fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
just booked LHR-DXB_BKK_DXB_LHR and found for our seats now i have to pay 25 Euro * 4 sectors = 100 Euro per person !!!
all our last 4 trips on Ek had been saver, but never had to pay for seats.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bertheike
just booked LHR-DXB_BKK_DXB_LHR and found for our seats now i have to pay 25 Euro * 4 sectors = 100 Euro per person !!!
Welcome to the new world of EK. £ before loyalty
Old Oct 25, 2016, 1:00 pm

You still don't have to pay for seats - it's your choice.

Can you confirm the 100 Euro cost? From LHR I would have expected it to be quoted in GBP, and there should be a discount from the individual sector cost when buying the complete outbound or inbound together. I haven't noticed yet what the discount would be so trying to get an idea.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by ft101
You still don't have to pay for seats - it's your choice.

Can you confirm the 100 Euro cost? From LHR I would have expected it to be quoted in GBP, and there should be a discount from the individual sector cost when buying the complete outbound or inbound together. I haven't noticed yet what the discount would be so trying to get an idea.
Just double checked again.
i clicked every 4 segments and for any it is 25 Euro, so in the end them want to charge 100 Euro.
I booked via a NL website, so the original booking is in Euro, and them claim in this link you posted the price for seat reservation is always qouted in the same curencey as the original booking.
That's a litle bit overpriced for a "normal" Y seat. If it would be 10 Euro per sector , ok. may be 25 Euro for "special" exit front seats ..., but this ???
Would like to know who spend 100 Euro for only to reserve the seats on a Europe -Asia rt. ?
Old Oct 25, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by ft101

There is no discount (yet?).

DXB to EU/Asia/Africa is ~25$, DXB to AU/NZ ~40$ per sector, so EU to Asia 100$ return
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:34 am

That's a litle bit overpriced for a "normal" Y seat. If it would be 10 Euro per sector , ok. may be 25 Euro for "special" exit front seats ..., but this ???
Would like to know who spend 100 Euro for only to reserve the seats on a Europe -Asia rt. ?
+1.

Now, sometimes it's better to jut buy flex ticket (no fee in such situation).
On the positive: better chances to get good seat if decided to book it or buy Flex ticket..
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:45 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Was the fare using EK more than 100 Euro less than the competition? If so you are still getting the better overall deal (with an EK price rise albeit one that can be avoided).

With most airlines I find I now have to look much further than the initial fare quote to decide which is cheapest - seat selection, baggage charges etc. Of course sometimes this calculation works in EKs favour - if travelling in J I do not have to pay airport travel or parking costs which is a saving of over £100 compared with the total cost of travelling BA (and at the moment I don't have to pay for seat selection with BA either).

However on balance I would prefer a single charge that covered flight, food, drink, seat and baggage when flying long haul (although happy to have the car when EK fares remain competitive )
Old Oct 26, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
However on balance I would prefer a single charge that covered flight, food, drink, seat and baggage when flying long haul (although happy to have the car when EK fares remain competitive )
You're in luck, EK offers such a fare, it's called a Y Flex or Y Flex Plus

in J there's no charge for seat selection regardless of fare type.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:51 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
...in J there's no charge for seat selection regardless of fare type.
For now...

M
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:37 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Easyjet are quite good. Especially if you do the flexi fare trick .

Moreover flexi fares allows a second piece of hand luggage and a £5 voucher for food /drink on board.

The one weird thing that I have noticed if I'm sitting on 1A is the axe on the wall near the door on most easyjet aircraft.

Do all aircraft have these. Never seen them on other airlines.
I looked out for this Axe today . . . It's actually a sign for the bullhorn, which looks like an Axe if you squint
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I looked out for this Axe today . . . It's actually a sign for the bullhorn, which looks like an Axe if you squint
Or maybe I had a few too many before the flight. My next flight is next week. Will check and PM you .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.