Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Please Post Your Operational Upgrade Experiences - 2015/2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Post Your Operational Upgrade Experiences - 2015/2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: EK silver
Upgrade given: Y - J

Upgrade location: Boarding gate

Route: DXB-BKK

Flight number: EK372

Aircraft: A388

Type of ticket: Economy saver

Date of travel: 5 nov 2015

Tier status: silver

Number of pax on the same PNR: 0

Last name started with Letter: R
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Received an upgrade Y-J on possibly my last ever flight on EK. Booked an el-cheapo sale ticket MEL-SIN-CMB-SIN-MEL and had an empty seat next to me on the first 3 flights in Y. On the last flight, SIN-MEL, it was completely oversold in Y and I received an op-up to business, along with most of the other Golds on the flight (seemed like almost everyone in the lounge was being upgraded).

A really good trip seatwise, but I don't see myself booking EK again, as I will lose Gold shortly, and Y on full planes is too squashy for me. The recent changes to Skywards have made EK unattractive, so I will be concentrating on the Star Alliance and One World from now on. I currently have quite a lot of UA FF miles in the bank.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 12:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Budley
Received an upgrade Y-J on possibly my last ever flight on EK. Booked an el-cheapo sale ticket MEL-SIN-CMB-SIN-MEL and had an empty seat next to me on the first 3 flights in Y. On the last flight, SIN-MEL, it was completely oversold in Y and I received an op-up to business, along with most of the other Golds on the flight (seemed like almost everyone in the lounge was being upgraded).

A really good trip seatwise, but I don't see myself booking EK again, as I will lose Gold shortly, and Y on full planes is too squashy for me. The recent changes to Skywards have made EK unattractive, so I will be concentrating on the Star Alliance and One World from now on. I currently have quite a lot of UA FF miles in the bank.
I dont think you've mentioned this before!

Glad you enjoyed your last op up. I've had zero this year (only done two flights in J though)
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Not an OP up but went to check in tonight13/11/15 on EK 515 (DEL-DXB) . We were ticketed in J and the flight was overbooked in J. We were offered a return J flight to DXB if we were willing to downgrade to Y.

We didn't take up the offer (might have considered a F-J downgrade if we were ticketed in F)

I suspect the reason for the flight being overbooked in J/F was due to VVIP's and their aides travelling on the flight ( some even were in Y!!).

The flight was 20 odd minutes late in departing .The captain was cheeky and we were told that the flight was held up for one passenger. :-)
Old Nov 13, 2015, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Not an OP up but went to check in tonight13/11/15 on EK 515 (DEL-DXB) . We were ticketed in J and the flight was overbooked in J. We were offered a return J flight to DXB if we were willing to downgrade to Y.

We didn't take up the offer (might have considered a F-J downgrade if we were ticketed in F)

I suspect the reason for the flight being overbooked in J/F was due to VVIP's and their aides travelling on the flight ( some even were in Y!!).

The flight was 20 odd minutes late in departing .The captain was cheeky and we were told that the flight was held up for one passenger. :-)
Considering there is an actual VVIP from DEL in the UK at the moment with a significant entourage and EK is famous for UK-India flights, it's not surprising The captain may have been cheeky, but his passenger may actually have been an actual VVIP in this case!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:25 am

Upgrade location: After OLCI, mobile BP updated before I arrived at airport

Route: DXB-HYD

Flight number: EK526

Aircraft: B777-300

Type of ticket: Economy Flex

Date of travel: 16 Nov 2015

Tier status: Silver

Number of pax on the same PNR: 1

Last name started with Letter: S
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by ABZSimy

Upgrade location: After OLCI, mobile BP updated before I arrived at airport

Route: DXB-HYD

Flight number: EK526

Aircraft: B777-300

Date of travel: 16 Nov 2015

Last name started with Letter: S
Yeah that's my most frequent op-up route. Unfortunately my flight tomorrow HYD-DXB (EK529) appears to be only half-full, which is a bit unusual, so definitely no upgrades. 526 is definitely one of the busier of the daily flights.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Yeah that's my most frequent op-up route. Unfortunately my flight tomorrow HYD-DXB (EK529) appears to be only half-full, which is a bit unusual, so definitely no upgrades. 526 is definitely one of the busier of the daily flights.
Yep, was on the same one yesterday. At least the seat next to me remained free!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by ABZSimy
Yep, was on the same one yesterday. At least the seat next to me remained free!
Dude,.. we were on the same flight. I was in 19K! seat next to me free too, a lot of empty seats

EDIT: Nevermind, realise you meant EK526 not 529

Last edited by skywardhunter; Nov 20, 2015 at 6:01 am
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:27 pm

Dude,.. we were on the same flight. I was in 19K! seat next to me free too, a lot of empty seats

EDIT: Nevermind, realise you meant EK526 not 529
Nope, it was the 529 I was on. Was a few rows back from there, can't remember which but it was a C seat.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:55 am

Upgrade location: Check in

Route: MRU-DXB

Flight number: 702
Aircraft: A388

Date of travel: 21 nov 2015

Tier status: Gold

Number of pax on the same PNR: 0

Last name started with Letter: A
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:35 am

From my sister, enroute now from MEL to SIN

Upgrade location: Gate

Route: MEL-SIN

Flight number: EK405

Aircraft: 77W

Type of ticket: Economy Saver

Date of travel: 28 November 2015

Tier status: QF Silver

Tier miles to date: 0 on EK

Skywards miles balance: 0 on EK

Last name started with Letter: L
Old Nov 29, 2015, 9:48 am

Got the 4th or 5th upgrade this year on this route (1 in-bound, all others outbound from DXB):

Upgrade location: seen on MBP, requested re-print at lounge reception
Route: DXB - HYD
Flight number: EK524
Aircraft: 77W (three-class)
Type of ticket: Economy Flex Plus
Date of travel: 28 November 2015
Tier miles to date: 40,000
Skywards miles balance: 25,000
Last name started with Letter: H

Also a note on the manifest the crew have. One FA left it out and I managed to take a look, it specifies if pax are upgraded, have heard people say once on-board crew doesn't know (though purser might). Also lists Skyward status and on some pax simply showed "PARTNER" which makes me wonder if for partners they don't see/care about actual status level. Didn't see the whole list as the FA quickly grabbed the list away when he saw me looking but noticed definitely a lot of "Blue" status pax in J on this flight on the page I saw (listing approx 15 pax).
Old Nov 29, 2015, 7:07 pm

Also a note on the manifest the crew have. One FA left it out and I managed to take a look, it specifies if pax are upgraded, have heard people say once on-board crew doesn't know (though purser might). Also lists Skyward status and on some pax simply showed "PARTNER" which makes me wonder if for partners they don't see/care about actual status level. Didn't see the whole list as the FA quickly grabbed the list away when he saw me looking but noticed definitely a lot of "Blue" status pax in J on this flight on the page I saw (listing approx 15 pax).
Depends on the manifest - there are lots of different print outs that be issued. The one that is most often left out is the one they use to write down meal choices, which is restricted to the pax on that one side of the aircraft (and has a short breakdown of seats by status, empty seats in the cabin etc.), which has special meal choices, drink preferences etc.

There are other ones with full lists of Skywards status, mileage balances, involuntary-upgrade status indicators, all sorts of information. Partner there doesn't refer to FQTV status, as their system can really only process EK/QF status indicators.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Depends on the manifest - there are lots of different print outs that be issued. The one that is most often left out is the one they use to write down meal choices, which is restricted to the pax on that one side of the aircraft (and has a short breakdown of seats by status, empty seats in the cabin etc.), which has special meal choices, drink preferences etc.

There are other ones with full lists of Skywards status, mileage balances, involuntary-upgrade status indicators, all sorts of information. Partner there doesn't refer to FQTV status, as their system can really only process EK/QF status indicators.
Yep this was the manifest used to note meal choices. I was just surprised by the fact it pointed out upgraded pax with a short (UG) after the name in a new column. My understanding (and I believe you had also stated this in another thread recently) is that only purser has access to info on op-ups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.