Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Denied access to J class lounge in DXB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied access to J class lounge in DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by LE4603
A) You did try to access the lounge

B) You titled the thread "Got KICKED from J class lounge in DXB"

Maybe it should have been titled "EK did not provide my Skywards Card as promised" instead. That would have been a valid discussion. Saying you got kicked, makes it sound like you had access and then were forced to leave; when infact all that happened (in relation to the lounge) is that you were denied access because you were not entitled to it.

I have sympathy for you not getting your card if that is what EK had instructed you to do (though I am always at a mystery why people care about getting them). If they told you to go to the J lounge in Concourse A to pick it up, then it should have been there. Do you know why they asked you to get it from there? It is normally posted, did you request to pick it up instead? I'm assuming you are EK Blue (as you didn't have any lounge access)?

EDIT: Ignore my questions, you answered them whilst I was typing. Well look at it this way, there is no benefit to physically having the Blue card anyway, infact I know very few people who have ever received them - I know I never did, so I wouldn't worry about it
A) I did not try to access the lounge, I just asked to put cream on my hand and leave. even a simple request like that was denied (I even showed her my ticket that I'm flying back to KWI in F class but she didn't care)

B) You are completely right! I apologize for the inconvenience, as I was mad about my Skywards experience.

Once again if you know you might have skin issues why on earth would you rely on the airline supplying lotion for you??
Just because one airline has lotion does not mean another will also have it. If you have such a condition it is no ones responsibility but your own to make sure you have adequate toiletries to assist with your condition!

As for the window shade issue, the FA's can only ask for them to be put down, if a passenger so wishes to have theirs open then that is their choice.

And why do you need a card for being a blue member? I never even had one sent to me when i was a blue.

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by aceboy44
When I fly J class I hate to pay for extra things such as airport transportation, food before flight (lounge,) and body lotion, as I expect all these services to be included in my J fare, else why would I fly EK J-class in the first place when Srilankan J class is half the price of EK's J-class?
And when you fly J, you will get chauffeur drive (where available), lounge access (with as much food or drink as you want), and hand lotion in the lounge toilets, all for free (or at least included in the price of your ticket).

...... but..... wait for it.... you weren't flying J, you were flying Y
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:54 am

I did not try to access the lounge, I just asked to put cream on my hand and leave.
I'm sorry to say, that is going to involve access, unless you expect them to bring it to you.

However, before this starts going around in circles, I don't think you have much to complain about regards J lounge access, but whilst I'm surprised they stated they would have your Blue Card for you at the lounge desk, EK should have had your card for you if that is what they had promised.

Do I think not having a Blue card for you warrants boycotting the airline? Well I guess that is your own decision
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Firemansam
Once again if you know you might have skin issues why on earth would you rely on the airline supplying lotion for you??
Just because one airline has lotion does not mean another will also have it. If you have such a condition it is no ones responsibility but your own to make sure you have adequate toiletries to assist with your condition!

As for the window shade issue, the FA's can only ask for them to be put down, if a passenger so wishes to have theirs open then that is their choice.

And why do you need a card for being a blue member? I never even had one sent to me when i was a blue.
If cheaper airlines (CX, Srilankan, etc.) provided me with body lotion in the lavatory in J class, I see no reason as to why EK would not.

Thank you for the info. regarding window blinds. I was starting to think that it became a law to come airlines

I like aviation so let's just say that one of my hobbies is collecting cards for airline programs.

Originally Posted by LE4603
...... but..... wait for it.... you weren't flying J, you were flying Y
I was flying J from KWI - DXB on the A380. I bought a body lotion in DXB for 7AED but the quality is
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
What in the world is this fixation on body lotion about?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:03 am

As much as you dont like paying for extras when you fly J, for your own well being i highly recommend taking spare lotion along with you just in case the airline you are traveling is out or has poor quality, that way you keep your bases covered
If i had a condition like yours i would not want to rely on anyone or any business to supply what i need to remain comfortable, it would just be a complete bonus is they supplied what i needed
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:08 am

I was flying J from KWI - DXB on the A380.
Yes but your complaint in your opening post was that you weren't allowed into the J lounge to get some lotion, in which case it doesn't matter what class, or aircraft type, you were flying on into DXB.

To be honest, if your main complaint is now that there wasn't body lotion on a flight, (which it seems is what you are morphing this into, since your original argument didn't stack up) I think your life is doing just fine, though I'm pretty sure it didn't require such a sensational thread title.

Anyway, it doesn't seem you are open to reason, so I'll leave you to it, and I'm sure you will avoid EK in the future, and ensure you only fly with airlines that provide body lotion, which is up to a suitable standard, in the future.

Last edited by LE4603; Jan 13, 2015 at 2:09 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Guys why so fixated on body lotion from the lounge. You do know that they are in the Y lavatory as well right? (The fixed bottle right next to the free perfume, or as I use it, room freshener).
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Perhaps you should just fly another airline. I understand that CX is very nice. Oh, wait...

There are some people who are just never happy.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 2:23 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Overuse of hand cream, lip balm etc can aggravate many dry skin conditions and if you have a serious one that is so bad shouldn't you be using a medically prescribed (or at least advised product) rather than anything anyone will give you?

You weren't kicked out since you didn't get in.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I think EK have been missing a big marketing opportunity here.

Instead of banging the drum for their chauffeur drive service, onboard showers + lounge/bar, it's time they promoted readily available and unlimited supplies of body lotion/hand cream to all pax as their USP.

Even though two weeks still left, definitely thread of the month for me
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:50 am

Blue tier. I asked EK to pick up my card from the airport since I don't use a P.O box in Kuwait. They agreed for me to pick up my card from the airport, but when I asked to pick it the agent refused to hand it to me since I'm "not a J/F class passenger" (what does this has to do with picking up a simple card?).
I got 4 solutions for you

1) EK cards are delivered via a courier to homes in Kuwait, even blue tier, and simply putting in your home address is enough. However, blue cards take a while to arrive.

2) Send it to your work address which have a P.O. Box and the mail room staff will have no problem in bringing it to your desk.

3) Ask them to send it to the local EK office and pick it up from there.

4) The blue card is worthless! Print the soft copy available online after you log-in to your skywards account and carry that with you.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Got KICKED from J class lounge in DXB

You crack me up aceboy didn't you post a while ago words to the effect" am so frustrated with EK I just joined their FF programme and can't believe I am yet to receive a complementary upgrade or free ticket miffed mad mad mad"!! How much do you actually travel ? And is it inter planetary travel!!

Docsavage good form.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 1:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

If you like the OPs style, have a look at this thread :-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...hong-kong.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.