Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Denied access to J class lounge in DXB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by aceboy44
Did you know that Emirates lounge in Kuwait was the cause of this bleeding? I was surprised that they kept the water heater off while the temperature is still cold in Kuwait. It is only after I used the bathroom in the Emirates lounge in Kuwait that my hands started bleeding.
This is an important fact that explains a lot. I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like you have undoubtedly been exposed to Dihydrogen Monoxide. But I'm sure it's nothing to be overly concerned about.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 4:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by blagger
This is an important fact that explains a lot. I'm not a doctor, but it sounds like you have undoubtedly been exposed to Dihydrogen Monoxide. But I'm sure it's nothing to be overly concerned about.
Ignore the scaremongering with the "facts" of DHMO - have a look at the truth about Hydrogen Hydroxide at http://www.armory.com/~crisper/DHMO/
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: FB Silver, EK Gold, *A Gold, BAEC,KM
Originally Posted by blagger

Oh god they are spawning Is blagger related to HRH aceboy?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by RigpigMalta
Oh god they are spawning Is blagger related to HRH aceboy?
You should give blagger the benefit of the doubt in this case and do a quick Google for dihydrogen monoxide
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Well, according to wikipedia bleeding is "blood escaping from the circulatory system"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleeding
As for "bleeding", your definition is correct and I should have checked wikipedia before writing.

Now, I had an informal chat with one of my lawyer friend as your case is really unique, and asked if you could actually win with sueing EK lounge in Kuwait.

One point against you is that you had prior knowledge of your skin pre-condition. Therefore, EK may argue that you didn't take enough precaution.
The second point against you is that your skin reaction is rare, therefore not predictable, unless you can demonstrate that it is not so unusual.

One point for you is that there was no warning that the supposed "hot" water was not hot.
Second point for you is that you paid a premium fare because you wanted to benefit from superior attention, and not be treated as the lower classes ; and you didn't get the basic service like hot water in the bathroom, which is unbearably outrageous.

This said, there is a hitch : you have to demonstrate that your bleeding actually started right after washing your hands. You therefore have to find testimony from fellow passengers or lounge employees that your hands were normal before pouring water on them. A testimony before going to the bathroom is not enough, as it may have begun while you were on the throne.
As a precautionary measure, I may advise you to take a video with your smartphone whenever you wash your hands.

Finally, if blood comes out of your body by just pouring cold water on them, during Kuwait's famous super cold and super dry winter, stay away from EK lounges, or any lounge. Don't even take a shower. You are risking your life.

And sorry, my friend's not taking your case. You'll have to find yourself another lawyer.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Not sure why EK should be assisting you with the dry weather that's causing your hands to bleed, but perhaps you should carry lotion in your carry-on if your skin is susceptible to bleeding?
I that it strange to ask staff to let you into use their lotion. Sounds a bit creepy to me.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:14 am

For future visit I can see the agent letting ace in and then

Originally Posted by Hannibal EKter
It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.
It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
This thread is pure hilarity, I do question why someone would want to get delivery of their Blue card... I didn't have a Blue card sent to me at all, first card I got was Silver which is actually useful.

It did occur to me that he's flying out on J so that's when he should have picked up his exclusively elusive Blue card
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:40 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ahmed777

I looked up his Instagram account and it seems to all be legit (unfortunately). Here's a link: http://instagram.com/aceboy44
Originally Posted by LE4603
I don't think the OP is having any more luck keeping his threads open.....
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...jordanian.html

Though sadly, we might not see him much in our little corner of FT any more, as he seems to have found a new favourite airline...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post24189298
Regardless of what you think of the OP, cross posting is against FT rules and personally identifying him on other social media is in poor taste.

We should be encouraging younger FT members, and helping educate them, not attacking or bullying him as a pack.

This thread feels like the movie Mean Girls.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jan 21, 2015 at 4:56 am
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:56 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Hardly outing him when a simple google of aceboy is all it takes. Besides I really don't think he cares as he has much more important issues to deal with such as who will be the lucky recipient of his future business and critique!
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:03 am

To be educated you have to actually want to learn.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:11 am

Well, according to wikipedia bleeding is "blood escaping from the circulatory system"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleeding

Now I have never said that my bleeding was extreme, dangerous, etc. I just said that my hands were bleeding due to dry (or cold) weather in general. Did you know that Emirates lounge in Kuwait was the cause of this bleeding? I was surprised that they kept the water heater off while the temperature is still cold in Kuwait. It is only after I used the bathroom in the Emirates lounge in Kuwait that my hands started bleeding.

Now if Emirates was the cause of this problem (I blame them for keeping the water heater off during the winter time,) then it is their responsibility to give me medical attention, especially when I'm a business class passenger am I correct? Had they turned the water heater on during winter time in their bathroom none of this was supposed to happen in the first place. They caused my hands to bleed so now they should take responsibility of their own actions to fix their mistake (who keeps the water heater off during winter time? I have never came across such mentality in my life, especially in a luxurious place like Emirates lounge )

I'm confident that if this took place in the United States I could have sued the lounge......
They didn't cause anything, you did.

Originally Posted by m0hamed
We should be encouraging younger FT members, and helping educate them, not attacking or bullying him as a pack.
Unlike you I believe there should be a minimal behaviour exhibited even by OP if he'd like some help. A spoiled brat attitude doesn't help.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I do agree. We should be encouraging younger FT members to not post on school nights and to get the right amount of sleep so that their brain develops. Otherwise stuff like this thread happens. Good point.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I do agree. We should be encouraging younger FT members to not post on school nights and to get the right amount of sleep so that their brain develops. Otherwise stuff like this thread happens. Good point.
^^^^^
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:00 pm

Continuing to go on about it will nicely encourage troll behaviour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.