Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chauffeur Drive FAQs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:36 am

Airport pick up times

We have the chauffeur service booked. Our flight is due to land at 11.20 but it does state that if the flight is delayed not to worry ( they obviously check landing times). However, it also states pickup time is 11.20 and the driver will only wait for 15 mins. Surely this must be incorrect. How are we supposed to get to the pickup within 15 mins from landing. Even if we were first off the plane, it takes longer than that to walk to security, then wait for luggage. What's the protocol here?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Katykat
We have the chauffeur service booked. Our flight is due to land at 11.20 but it does state that if the flight is delayed not to worry ( they obviously check landing times). However, it also states pickup time is 11.20 and the driver will only wait for 15 mins. Surely this must be incorrect. How are we supposed to get to the pickup within 15 mins from landing. Even if we were first off the plane, it takes longer than that to walk to security, then wait for luggage. What's the protocol here?
Don't worry, the drivers wait until you arrive. Depending on where you are arriving into :-

1. Dubai - you need to go to the chauffeur desk just after you exit baggage reclaim

2. Anywhere else - there will be somebody with a board just as you exit baggage reclaim. The board may have your name on it, or it may be just a a general 'Emirates' sign. They will direct you to your driver.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:18 am

Thanks. We are landing in Brisbane & returning to Manchester.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
If travelling to / from LHR and living 110 miles from airport, are we still able to utilise chauffeur service?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:08 pm

Chauffeur drive between Australia and NZ?

Hi there,

I made a Business Class booking for Auckland > Melbourne and noticed the Chauffeur Drive option is not available in the booking management section of the website.

I can see it in my future trips (when I go to Europe) but not in this one.

Do they not offer it trans tasman?
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Not available on the AU-NZ routes.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by KeenKiwiFlyer
Chauffeur drive between Australia and NZ?
Seems like the limo would get a bit wet.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:52 pm

Chauffeur

Have a flight in less than two weeks from London Gatwick, 2 passengers carrying one golf bag and two suitcases.

Would we fit it all in one Emirates Mercedes car or book an MPV?

Anyone know which MPV they use?

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:57 pm

With standard size suitcases you should be fine - it's an E class and probably an estate version if you tell them the bags you have.

The MPV is a Mercedes Viano.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
still no car on award tickets?

flying in F from MXP to JFK. booked with alaska miles. i assume no access to chauffeur on an award ticket?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ekartash
flying in F from MXP to JFK. booked with alaska miles. i assume no access to chauffeur on an award ticket?
No be thankful for the cheap upgrade and book a nice car
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
With standard size suitcases you should be fine - it's an E class and probably an estate version if you tell them the bags you have.

The MPV is a Mercedes Viano.
Thanks. I assume gold clubs will fit too?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by jamjaruk
Thanks. I assume gold clubs will fit too?
In the estate version yes, in a normal saloon then there might be a problem - but then they will call you the day before to discuss luggage requirements anyway, so I wouldn't worry.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
In the estate version yes, in a normal saloon then there might be a problem - but then they will call you the day before to discuss luggage requirements anyway, so I wouldn't worry.
I obviously mean Golf Clubs!

Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:32 pm

Hi All,

I asked this question already in a different thread, but I am unable to find it again - sorry!

I was under the impression that I was ineligible for a CD when travelling BKK-SYD-BNE on arrival in BNE. I just upgraded my BKK-SYD with miles and obviously EK provide me one ex BKK, but I just happened to log into my PNR in the QF website to change my seats and I came across the QF CD part in MMB there and I am able to book one on arrival.

Is this correct?? I'll call QF later, but perhaps I can get a quicker answer here rather than dealing with a call centre.

*edit: found the TnCs. Apparently my PNR is actually eligible:

5. Chauffeur Drive is also available in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington to passengers travelling on Qantas operated flights that connect to or from an eligible Qantas international flight above (and travelling in First or Business on the eligible international flight). Customers do not need to be travelling in Business on the domestic or trans-Tasman flight. The Domestic or trans-Tasman flight must be in the same booking as the eligible international flight.

Has this always been the case?

Thanks,
Justin/BKK

Last edited by FlyerRed5; Sep 9, 2015 at 9:42 pm Reason: found TnCs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.