Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade emails offers FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by ft101
OT but A6-EGG joined the fleet on 11th October and made first flight on 14th October flying EK420 DXB-PER.

Source: http://theeksource.com/october2011.html

oops, my bad
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, GGL, Virgin Silver, Skywards Platinum, SPG VIP
4 years with over 200k tier miles (mostly J) each year (so lots of sectors) and never received a single upgrade e-mail.

Must be totally random. Either that or they have some sort of a policy that does not send it to Golds because they figure that they could pay full price anyway??
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Brussels traveller
4 years with over 200k tier miles (mostly J) each year (so lots of sectors) and never received a single upgrade e-mail.

Must be totally random. Either that or they have some sort of a policy that does not send it to Golds because they figure that they could pay full price anyway??
I have had upgrade offer emails when I was silver. None in the last 3 years when I have been gold.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I have had upgrade offer emails when I was silver. None in the last 3 years when I have been gold.
For what it is worth I have never had one in six years of being Gold ...
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:17 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
mrtdxb you don't get those when flying F
Old Jan 10, 2012, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by mrtdxb
What??? Do you want to be upgraded to the cockpit????You fly F anyway!!!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:04 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
What??? Do you want to be upgraded to the cockpit????You fly F anyway!!!
Ahhh, is that is what is the other side of that locked door near the toilets? - I thought it was a special Premier Class and always wanted to try it!

I have flown J a few times I promise (when F was full) so I suppose they did not need to send any upgrade offers ... I guess I just feel left out sometimes!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, GGL, Virgin Silver, Skywards Platinum, SPG VIP
Interesting that none of the Golds seem to be getting the upgrade e-mails. Any Golds on here who have received them?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Interesting that none of the Golds seem to be getting the upgrade e-mails. Any Golds on here who have received them?
I have once shortly after becoming gold, but after that I haven't been flying that much in economy so it's hard to tell whether that was just a system error or something else.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:30 am

Yes. Multiple times.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
I have only recevied one in 4 years as Gold.

Friend who is gold just got their first one last week for DXB-PEK for1750AED (Y to J) I checked Expert flyer and looked like all signs of being overbooked Y and empty J -- It was in the end and he was op-up'd
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Just from reading this forum it seems that Y->J offers are much more common than J->F ones and a good % of the gold pax here fly paid J and/or F at least some of the time so the sample is a bit skewed.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Just from reading this forum it seems that Y->J offers are much more common than J->F ones and a good % of the gold pax here fly paid J and/or F at least some of the time so the sample is a bit skewed.
I think you are right. It's only the noobs/ non FTers who are being sent the upgrade offers. I protest. Shall we all go and occupy the emirates office at DXB to protest against this discrimination.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:39 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
I think you are right. It's only the noobs/ non FTers who are being sent the upgrade offers. I protest. Shall we all go and occupy the emirates office at DXB to protest against this discrimination.
I can't recall of ever receiving an offer to upgrade from J-F (and I'm pretty sure EK don't do this) but don't quote me on it. However, I have received plenty of email offers from Y-J. If the flight looks busy down the back - I refuse the email offer and each time I have done that, have been op-upped anyway.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by eightblack
I can't recall of ever receiving an offer to upgrade from J-F (and I'm pretty sure EK don't do this) but don't quote me on it. However, I have received plenty of email offers from Y-J. If the flight looks busy down the back - I refuse the email offer and each time I have done that, have been op-upped anyway.
Is that generally the only time offers are sent or can they be / are they also sent when Y AND J is empty. I'm sure the sample size for this is even smaller since an EK flight empty in J/Y is almost unheard of!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.